G_lab's ★ 5th SWEET SEEDS® GROW DIARY COMPETITION ★ Cream Mandarine F1 FV

G_lab

Last but not least.. I really like the structure of this one and the previous one. 

z2zPPeAW_o.jpg

B1umOUws_o.jpg

YrRRoCAb_o.jpg

• Like 3

HARVEST TIME :yahoo:

All plants were harvested at day 71, after 10 full weeks of flowering. Because I was very busy at work, I had not much time to do it as i wanted. I tried for the first time to hung up the whole plants, after removing all fan and bigger leaves, leaving just sugar leaves on. I usually prefer to hung branches separately but well, I had to adapt it to my possibilities. On a positive note, this helped me make a longer drying process which will be surely better for smell and taste, terpenes preservation and overall potency. 

Here are them in the box. I took everything out apart from the extractor fan which I left at minimum potency to help air exchange and avoid mold and bacterias. Of course I sprayed and cleaned the walls before putting them inside again. :yep:

JbA8hFGI_o.jpg

Temps and Rh looked perfect to me

uK2uWB5J_o.jpg

After 8 days of slow drying, it was time to trim them and fill the jars happily waiting for them

17d0mMzW_o.jpg

Here are my sweeties for the summer 

Hfe1hF5R_o.jpg

They are in the jars since a week now. In another week or so I'll start the smoke test and will do a smoke report as soon as I tried them all. :skin_up:

Enjoy and happy growing to you all

G

Edited by G_lab
  • Like 4

What a stoner! I was sure the contest was ending on 19th of June.. checking the rules again I just realized its ending in 2 days :smokin:

Well, I'll sacriface myself and smoke them all between tonight and tomorrow! lol Would be sad to finish a diary without a smoke report! 

• Like 2

First thoughts after harvest

Overall it was a easy grow. Looks like plants did all by themselfes. :stoned:

Not many phenotypes showed, which is good to me. I'd say there were 2 main phenos with an exception of a plant (#2) definitely different from all the others. The main difference is in growth and plant structure because when it comes to the smell and smoke, they are quite similar each other with just some very very light shades between them, even those that differ the most in terms of structure.  Generally speaking they are light feeders despite a couple of them would have loved some higher levels and some would have gone better with slightly less nutrients. All of them made a nice main cola which makes this strain optimal for sog grows or multiple colas style like mainlining. They also look quite yielders, again for their big-cola shape. I didnt care to maximize as i was looking for their natural shape so I didnt have a big yield but surely with proper technique it can be achieved. Also, I had to make a short vegetative stage to get everything done before the end of the contest.
On a negative side, I have to alert that a good half of them showed nannas. Some at 2nd and 3rd week of flowering, for example #3 which was culled straight away, but also #1 and #6 which stayed in the garden till the end. These last two plants also showed some more late nannas at weeks 8-9th during the ripening process. To be fair, I have to say i've grown them in a LITE box, so I'm not 100% sure there were 0 light leaks but, in my experience, most of the strains i've grown inthere (CM auto version included) didnt show any herm traits so that may not be a good reason. This made me pull all their back-up clones as I dont like to keep risky plants in my staple. I found proper mature seeds in few buds that make me think the pollen dust at week 3 made his way through.
Back to the positive sides, they smell very nice and sweet. Theres some fresh in it as it still need a proper cure, but you can have an idea of what to expect. I know Im not a good sommelier but will try my best! :yep:

I'm halfway the smoking test. Will post about them all later on the day together with some dry-buds shots :hippy:

• Like 4

Alright then.. first, I'll begin with a quick resume

- 13-15th January: Seeds sprouted

nhY7MpdC_o.jpg

- 20th January: Transplant in final 7l pots

woZW0zkA_o.jpg

- 13th February: Switch 12/12

4jsTwcFf_o.jpg

- 29th April: Harvest

5sIdOkWk_o.jpg

In total they took around 100 days: 30 days of growth from seed to switch, 70 days of flowering. Then we can add 8 days of drying upside down and the curing process which is just around a week so far. As I said its enough to get a good hint of what to expect from them but they'll definitely be better after a good cure. I'm going to leave them close for at least 4-5 weeks before to put my hands on them. :yes: 

• Like 3

Nicely cropped :)

Bad luck on the Hermie Nana's turning up, I have not read on anyone else encountering that, myself included, granted I only had two.

Nevertheless - Success ! Grow completed.  Enjoy your hard work and thanks for sharing :)

• Like 1

Just now, Inspiration101 said:

Nicely cropped :)

Bad luck on the Hermie Nana's turning up, I have not read on anyone else encountering that, myself included, granted I only had two.

Nevertheless - Success ! Grow completed.  Enjoy your hard work and thanks for sharing :)

Hola Inspiration! Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Yep def bad luck with nanas but doesnt seem to affect a lot the full crop, the amount of seeds found so far is quite low so that I dont bother to much. I still have plenty of sweet sinsemilla to enjoy. :)

• Like 1

SMOKE REPORT

Pure joints on Raw classic papers and tips.

Potency

Is getting hard to write down words after a day off trying all 7 plants one by one. lol  They are quite strong, im totally stoned! Hit fast just after few puffs. At first I was more kind of uplift and euphoric, willing to do lots of things. Started watering the garden with a big smile printed on my face, followed by a good hour taking dry-buds pics fighting with the focus of my phone-camera. lol From the second spliff it got more intense and I past my time choosing and resizing pics which took like double time than usual as i found myself staring the screen few times singing with the music playing. :)

Smell

Smells are quite similar between them, mostly woody or pine with fruity undertones. #1 and #5 have that citric/orange smell more pronounced while #7 its more creamy, soft and sweet remind me of proper sugar cooking.

Taste

Again, they resemble each other with few exceptions. They still need a good cure to throw out their real taste I think. So far the woody is still there while the fruity tones have gone a bit more underground, with the exception of #5 which is more flavorful on the citric/orange side. It remind me a home-made orange peel liquor my mother use to make. :realcool:

Close the diary with some dry buds pics waiting just to be smoked :thumsup:

This is the one different from all the others, theres somewhat I can't recognize right now in the aroma. I'll need to smoke more of it :)

SdctkXe5_o.jpg

V8buMFdG_o.jpg

bRgsB3ER_o.jpg

• Like 2

#1, #4 and #5 all so similar they look same pheno

k00btzlX_o.jpg

Rox5hdRo_o.jpg

#4 aka the twisted. Smallest of the group but very nice in terms of resin production. Not the tastier tho

1w5suGZi_o.jpg

TTaLLRTJ_o.jpg

weS6y7x6_o.jpg

g0fMNMhc_o.jpg

• Like 2

Same for #6, #7,#8 

1LJMRhLs_o.jpg

hg4aoIjv_o.jpg

1FvlLmOZ_o.jpg

LhIHwuMh_o.jpg

n9zNXydZ_o.jpg

QlLzmkQp_o.jpg

Can't wait to see what the jars bring out now. :yes:

I'd like to say many thanks to Sweet seeds, UK420 and of course to all the members who shared their diaries and experiences with all the community. 

Best smokes :skin_up:

• Like 3

Some beautiful buds you've grown there mate, nicely stacked calyx and oozing with resin. Nice work and great report, enjoy :yep:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Some beautiful buds you've grown there mate, nicely stacked calyx and oozing with resin. Nice work and great report, enjoy :yep:

Thanks jadenugs! I really like those giant calyx and agree theres def a good amount of resin both in flowers and sugar leaves. Have put a nice bag of trim in the freezer waiting for my new bubble bags to rock on! :yep:

4 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

Great journal my dude. A few seeds? That doesn't sound like a problem! 

Thanks Fig! Its not a problem at all. So far the count is 5 seeds.. if it keeps under 10 i would not even care about them. The sweetness of the fruits will just make me forget about them! :skin_up:

• Like 2