HSO Blue Fire + OGKZ

@zabz Sounds like you have a good plan of attack there, all I can do is wish you all the best with the battle. There`s not many advantages of living North of the wall, but the reluctance of the Borg to travel up to here is definitely one of them! I`ve seen enough of them on forums & from friends who live down south to know what a bugger they can be to get rid of, if it means a total clear out and a new cab(may as well hey!) then i`m sure that will be worthwhile.

I`m in awe of those Blue fire buds man, with everything going on you`ve knocked em out the park! Top stuff ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

Get those top two photos in the best HSO pictures thread brother.

I agree 100% some stunning shots in this thread clearly worth of the best picture thread  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 22/04/2019 at 8:22 AM, zabz said:

Blue Fire Chop Day

10 weeks on the nose

Well, she made it. :smokin:

I decided to take her down at 70days. about 10% amber. the rest mostly cloudy. 

In an ideal world I'd have let those lowers go another week, but my pet borg are back with a vengeance. wankas.:wanker:

I think she's done well considering.

She hasn't really had any feed since my week 5 fook up. Just a Charge and batmix topdress.

large.colaprechop.JPGlarge.colaprechopflash.JPG

She's down and hanging now. Stinking out my pad, but It's a very sweet smell. 

Blue Fire Cut + OGKZ

Photos from last week around day 30

large.OGKZ30.JPGlarge.bfire30.JPG

Doing their thing. No dramas. 

I'll get some full plant shots tonight

As always, thanks for watching

Zabz

70 day's of bloom and what a fine job you've done ;)

Now it's time to reap the rewards and what a reward it is :)

You've smashed this grow out of the park mate even battling the Borg. 

Personally I would get the Blue Fire cut and OGKZ finished then "Nuke" the room to hopefully eliminate this issue completely  ;)

Would love your thoughts on Blue Fire when she's fully dry and cured of course  ;)

Keep the BF and OGKZ updates coming mate :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 4

20 hours ago, H + H2O said:

here`s not many advantages of living North of the wall

:rofl:  

+ Thanks mate, just goes to show how resilient these babies can be. I've only been growing indoors for a year, so I'm still adapting to the new 'god' role. Never had nute or bug problems in the great outdoors, just mould and paranoia  :wallbash:

I was just checking out those autos from your last run. Now that's some impressive bud dude!  :notworthy: And your COTC nom I thought was a sure winner, but looks like the subbies have snatched that one :shock:

Not sure how far you're going with your downsizing, but the DR60 has produced some decent results for me with a 135W Quantum. Although, if I were to start again I'd go for a DR90 min.

My new cab will be a 1.2x1.2x1.2 No till stylee. I figure It's almost outdoors - indoors.

Thanks for your kind words bro. :blushing:

zabz

• Like 2

@HSO-Mark Hello mate.

Yeah she produced the goods in the end :yep: Deffo could have gone another few days, but those Borg bastads were working their way up and they'd already shat on enough for a decent bit of bubble. 

I'm going to go down the nuke it route, this time I'll leave the tent empty for a while, just to make sure. (if I use it again)

In only a couple of days hanging (approx 60% rh, 20C) she's gone from sickly sweet artificial lemonade, to that deep dank funk. I wasn't expecting that so early. :toldya: Another HSO cracker.  Deffo one for anyone into SOG . 

zabz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zabz said:

:rofl:  

+ Thanks mate, just goes to show how resilient these babies can be. I've only been growing indoors for a year, so I'm still adapting to the new 'god' role. Never had nute or bug problems in the great outdoors, just mould and paranoia  :wallbash:

I was just checking out those autos from your last run. Now that's some impressive bud dude!  :notworthy: And your COTC nom I thought was a sure winner, but looks like the subbies have snatched that one :shock:

Not sure how far you're going with your downsizing, but the DR60 has produced some decent results for me with a 135W Quantum. Although, if I were to start again I'd go for a DR90 min.

My new cab will be a 1.2x1.2x1.2 No till stylee. I figure It's almost outdoors - indoors.

Thanks for your kind words bro. :blushing:

zabz

Your welcome man & thanks for the compliments but tbh with ya as far as the COTC goes I think we have a well worthy winner in the comp ;)

I have a wee suspicion that BF bud you posted could be in the next months too, I certainly wouldnt be surprised to see it there anyway.

In summer time I need to just downsize the wattage of light within the cab to keep temps acceptable, i`ll still be in my 1msq but because of summer temps(yes even north of the wall we see the big orange thing for a few month a year) i`ll switch out the HPS for LED, although ive been toying with the idea of putting in a 315 dimmable CMH to see how that goes instead, too many options, not enough braincells!

I`ll be doing photoperiods as well to allow for a dark period during the day as well, UGORG and FDM. 

1.2m no till...... Ohh fancy,  practically like having a farmers field in the house lol 

Must admit i`m toying with the idea of no till as well, I think anyone who really cares about getting the best smoke possible would be crazy not to tbh, but i`ve only 6 or 7 weeks left before my photo grow starts & I think i`m a bit short on time to set everything up as i`d like, i`ll defo watch what you do with massive interest though.

I`ll be popping back to check on those other ladies from time to time, so keep me a good seat! Haha, all the best to ya man!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slack updates, life's getting in the way at the moment.

I do think I should get the name of this diary changed to "Stress testing HSO strains" :blushing:

OGKZ 53 days in

Those borg bastads have literally sucked the life out of these girls. 

large.Borgbastads.JPGlarge.OGKZ@53.JPG

To late in the game to be spraying oils on these mi thinks, so I got a 12 inch desk fan blasting the underside of her. Seems to have slowed the wankas down a bit.

Flush solution from now on... Nearly there.

:stoned: Zabz

• Like 5

Blue Fire

Thought I'd grab a couple of snaps before the jar gets sealed for the cure... hydrometer is sitting stable at 60% rh. 

large.bfnugs.JPGlarge.bfnug.jpg

The fluffy lowers taste of Lemon cello in the vape. literally makes ya mouth water. (a non toker said the same thing after smelling it)

A bit of a creeper.... then eyes watering, stupid grin... Yes she hits the right spots :yep:

She lost a bit of that citrus zest as she's dried, giving way to an underlying funk. I reckon after a good cure she'll be even more delicious

Yield wasn't amazing, I weighed out 50g of nugs for the long cure, and was left with a load of popcorn/fluff for the vape.

I think that was to be expected in a 5ltr pot + my fuck ups + the visit from the borg.

All in all a lovely plant. She's going back in the queue :hippy: 

:stoned: zabz

Edited by zabz
  • Like 6

OGKZ day 55

Showing her true colours

I've been playing around with the white balance...

I think the true colour is somewhere in between these, leaning towards the reds.

She's going to be stunning come harvest :toldya:

large.OGKZ@53.JPGlarge.ogkz55.JPG

zabz

• Like 7

Such a shame about those spider mites eating your plants zabz, otherwise looking good :yep:

:smoke:

• Like 2

:censored::ranting::taz:

I just spotted this as the lights went out... Fuck!

large_borg.JPG

I've not had the little coonts get this far before.

I'm thinking I should lop that bud off at lights on, give it a good wash and write it off as a taster

• Like 2

Alright @zabz

Thats awful to see mate, I hate spider mite even more now, I wouldn’t have thought there was that much you could do, get the hoover out, turn the heating off, lady birds?? Probably a bit late for them but sure you’ll salvage some bud.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Jibba jabba Yeah man, my heart sunk.

Worst thing is it's kind of my fault that they got so established. I knew they were on that bud, so I had a 12 inch fan blasting at it which seemed to be keeping the fookers down. At lights off yesterday morning I meant to unplug the tube heater to lower temos and further fuck them up, but I unplugged the (now only) fan instead!! :wallbash:

Temps got to 32c, humidity dropped through the floor, which obviously gave them the opportunity... :censored:

I'm not kidding when I say after these are down I'm not only nuking the tents, but the room they are in, all ducting.... Fooking everything!

• Like 3

Oh no it gets worse :wallbash:

Sure we have all been there mate.

Deffo get the nukes out when they are down that should get rid of them.

Get a permanent marker and write on the plug(s)for future reference, or a sticker, that’s what I have to do otherwise I wouldn’t have a clue what’s plugged in where.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

Get a permanent marker and write on the plug(s)for future reference

So many times I thought to do exactly that, so many times I forgot... Why am I writing this and not doing it right now!?!

• Like 2