HSO Blue Fire + OGKZ

Hi 420ers, + Welcome!

First off... Thanks @HSO-Mark for the opportunity to try out these new strains. :thumsup:

I'll be concentrating on the 2 new strains Blue Fire + OGKZ, but I also have a pack of Blue Dream + Em-dog which I may sneak in there too

The plan is to get a perpetual cycle going on this year, hopefully I'll find a keeper in this lot.

Kit:

DP90 + 100w Qb for veg, clones, + mums

DR60 + 150w Qb for flowers

6" Hyperfan extraction kit (extracts both tents)

4" intake (veg to flower)

The usual heating shenanigans

Growers Ark nutrients

Soil supreme

Final pot sizes are undecided. I have 6ltr + 9ltr Airpots ready and waiting. 

Due to both my tents being pretty packed at the moment I'm going to have to stagger germination. The plan is to harvest an HSO plant every month (along with some smotties for my skunky fix)

Jan - Em-Dog (harvest) + Blue Fire

Feb - OGKZ 

March - ???

etc.

1st off is a Blue Fire...

I wish I had gotten a photo of the bean, It looked more like a mini chestnut than a canna seed! The rest look normal but this one stood out and my curiosity got the better of me. 

straight into a jiffy and she was up in a couple of days ;)

1 week later...

large.Bfire@7.JPG

Today @ 15days above ground...

large.Bfire@15.JPG

RH is a bit low... 

No feed yet. She's in a 1 ltr airpot with just a ml of Maxicrop roots. 

I have noticed she's quite a bit lankier than anything I've grown for a while, could it be the sativa from the blue dream? I'm planning to mainline her anyway so that should put a stop to that!

I'll stick to weekly updates unless there is anything to document in the mean time...

:stoned: Zabz

• Like 11

Firstly Happy New year from Humboldt County mate :yep:

Secondly thank you for getting this grow with 2 of our new releases up so fast :) Will you be focusing on Three Blue Kings this grow and OGKZ next?

Your of to a steady start and we will be watching this with great interest  ;)

On 12/01/2019 at 2:11 AM, zibzabz said:

I'll stick to weekly updates unless there is anything to document in the mean time...

Perfect :bong:

Best of luck with the grow my friend. I'll drop back in on the next update  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 5

Quick veg update.

3 weeks in.... Off with her head, still makes me nervous, but it's all for the best. I've waited until she's rooted out the 1ltr airpot. 

before...

large_BFsc.JPG

after...

large_bfx2.JPG

I'll give it a few days and she should be ready to top again. 

She's been on 5ml first feed + 5ml Root tonic for the past week. seeing as the lowers are yellowing, I'll probably step it up to 2ml grow at the next watering.

• Like 5

@HSO-Mark For now just the one Blue fire mate. (Subbie seeds produced 3/3 females :thumsup: ... so only 1 space in the flower tent at the mo)

I'll be popping an OGKZ or 2 in about 3 weeks.

Edited by zibzabz
  • Like 1

That's some serious topping! Would you be kind enough to explain what mainlining is please.

All the best :yep:

:smoke:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Seasick Steve said:

explain what mainlining is please.

Topped above the third node, remove everything above and below leaving two branches, bend and tie horizontal and opposite each other.

Once each top has reached three nodes repeat the process leaving 4 branches equidistant on the stem, tie those down.

Rinse and repeat creating 8, 16 or even 32 tops...Groweedeasy has some good tutorials...vids on the tube...:yep:

The idea is to give each bud exactly the same amount of light and nutes, yield increases but there's a longer veg time.

• Like 4

@stu914 Exactly :yep:

Although I topped again at the first this time.

large.smrx1mani.JPG

The plant at the top right was topped but not trained

large_smrx.JPG

I do it to save space, and to be honest I enjoy the whole training process. I kind of get bored when they're full in flower and there's nothing to do. :D

• Like 6

*** When I say topped at the first, I meant topped at the first at each stage after the initial topping at the third. 

That hurt

• Like 3

Nice work on the mainlining pal. I’ve been reading a bit about it for a while and very tempted to give it a go, if for no other reason than the great uniform look of the plants it makes.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2

@stu914 cheers mate, I've seen the term used around the place but never really knew what it was all about. Thanks for the explanation  :yep:

@zibzabz

that stalk in the photo looks perfect for the explanation! That technique looks like it would be good for keeping mother plants. I have some cuts which will be getting experimented on.

Cheers.

• Like 3

On 21/01/2019 at 11:14 AM, Rick Grimes said:

Nice work on the mainlining pal. I’ve been reading a bit about it for a while and very tempted to give it a go, if for no other reason than the great uniform look of the plants it makes.

I agree. Beautfully done :yep:

On 20/01/2019 at 1:10 PM, zibzabz said:

For now just the one Blue fire mate. 

That's fine my friend. It just means more HSO seeds will be cracked in the near future :bong:

Going to be very interesting to see how the Blue Fire performs with the topping and mainlining tech ;)

Keep the updates coming mate  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 20/01/2019 at 7:28 PM, stu914 said:

Topped above the third node, remove everything above and below leaving two branches, bend and tie horizontal and opposite each other.

Once each top has reached three nodes repeat the process leaving 4 branches equidistant on the stem, tie those down.

Rinse and repeat creating 8, 16 or even 32 tops...Groweedeasy has some good tutorials...vids on the tube...:yep:

The idea is to give each bud exactly the same amount of light and nutes, yield increases but there's a longer veg time.

A great explanation of the mainlining tech 

@stu914 Thanks mate :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 21/01/2019 at 2:34 AM, Seasick Steve said:

That's some serious topping! Would you be kind enough to explain what mainlining is please.

All the best :yep:

I learned about mainlining from reading guides from a gent called Nugbuckets, from over the pond.

• Like 2