There will be green.

BeardedBeardiae

Hi folks, hope all your grooms and gardens are healthy.

Got to start by bigging up Sweet seeds for starting such a cool comp and being generous enough to send me some seeds. All stuff ive never grown or smoked but am keen to see how they turn out as their Sweet Cheese is absolutely delicious, and easy to grow and has been my highest yeilding plant to date. 

large.20181012_163553_HDR.jpg

My plan is to germinate two Cream Mandarins and one SAD and veg for 9 or 10weeks. Will be topping the Cm's to hopefully get4 main colas each taking cuttings along the way. As for the Sad, i was thinking of leaving her natural with maybe a bit of lst and placing her at the front of the room allowing her to spread a bit more.

Not to sure if i should top the sad as well and SOG them all, dont really want to SCROG as like to be able to move plants as my room is narrow but can do if needs be.

While they are cooking i plan to start one of the kush and flower that alongside a silverak x as(subbie) as they should both be large plants.

I have forgone the up till now, trusty moist paper towel method of germination, and gone for the direct to moist, warm coco pellet method. It is also my first time using a heated propagator, brought because my cuttings started to fail due to the weather.

The boarded looking face the thermometer says it all about this pic.

large.20181209_164438_HDR.jpg

Two days later.

large_cm.jpg

Two CMs saying hi.

One day later...

large_sad.jpg

The Sad

Well it nice to join in with the comp as i have already got loads of entertainment and knowledge from the many diaries that have already started. 

:yinyang:

• Like 13

@BeardedBeardiaeWelcome to the competition, it looks like you are off to a flying start, it’s always nice when they are up above the ground. I love the big sea shell, I used to use one of those as an ash tray when I was a smoker. Good luck with your diary dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

Thanks for the welcome @Smokebelch i have recently got a vaporiser but still find myself mostly smoking as i haven't got used to the Mighty yet.

Forgot to say about the details of the grow. 

Single t5 early on then onto a 200w cfl. 600w mh for flower.

Johm innes seeling soil mixed with perlite and a little bit of compost

Canna terra pro from then on.

The seeds were sown last weekend, these pics take us up to Thursday

large.20181213_164951_HDR.jpglarge.20181213_164915_HDR.jpg

Should have put more perlite in...

large.20181215_001550_HDR.jpg

large.20181215_001921_HDR.jpg

I did sprinkle a bit of root fungus stuff over the top as i forgot to mix it in with the soil, hopefully it will still help, but it wont be long before potting up and will put more in then.

They are coming on well and looking healthy, hopefully things stay that way.

• Like 11

Its not fungus it thrips. According to some more knowledgeable people, im annoyed i let it get this bad. Only noticed it when i had plenty of space. I have some spay so will try to get on top of it, and just hope i can keep the babies healthy. 

large.mould.jpg

Here they are yesterday. And i think the thrips are in there already.:angry:

large.20181218_164117_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

After a busy week last week cleaning the mother room and spaying plants, i have hopefully got on top of the thrips. They are hanging on in isolated spots but definitely like seedlings and seem to make a beeline for them.

I have neglected the diary a bit due to this extra work and crimbo creeping up on me, which was a pleasant first, but now i will bring you up to date.

Twas the week before Christmas when i sprayed to close to lights on and they didn't like it....

large.20181223_163735_HDR.jpglarge.20181223_163748_HDR.jpg

Although this has obvs slowed them a bit the new growth looks healthy and root tips poking out of the bottom of the pot. The  Sad on the left true to form, short and stout. The CM on the right was the first to sprout.

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and wishing you a happy new year.

• Like 10

Cheers @trichomehi

After a few days away they have bounced back really well and are looking good i think. 

I have been watering (with mild seaweed extract) from the bottom as to not disturb the sand but as i have not seen any bugs on getting back i will restart top watering.

large.20181227_175824_HDR.jpg

I will get some closer individual pics up over the next few days. 

Happy growing :yinyang:

• Like 10

Cheers mate!

Good start, they seem to be recovering well already. I hope you got rid of the thrips because everything else seems to be coming along nicely :)

Sweet smokes :yep:

tommy

• Like 3