The Return Of The Serpent - Killer Kush & Sweet Special FV Comp Diary

Serpent

Fantastic start, very nice to see you germinate some older seeds, it gives me confidence in holding on to a few myself for a rainy day.

You don't really need luck but you are surely due some good karma now, after the straw accident, which if anything was just the result of you caring too much.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, delagdo said:

Fantastic start, very nice to see you germinate some older seeds, it gives me confidence in holding on to a few myself for a rainy day.

You don't really need luck but you are surely due some good karma now, after the straw accident, which if anything was just the result of you caring too much.

Cheers @delagdo yeah I was chuffed the older seeds cracked and the straw incident was a pisser, nothing to do with caring too much though, it was all down to me being clumsy idiot :george:

11 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Loving the micro box mate and the plants look nice and healthy ;) That's a shame about the Sweet specials not being allowed.

Thanks @jadenugs, the micro box, which only cost a few quid to make, is really handy for getting seeds started and sits under my desk nicely, so takes up little room and its no biggie about the Sweet Specials as hopefully I'll still get some nice bud to smoke come harvest :skin_up:

• Like 5

UPDATE 07/12/2018

Last night was time to pot up and move KK #1 (and the SS’s) into my new set up, which is:

• 1.2m BudBox Pro Tent
  • 5” RVK Extraction
  • 5” Rhino Hobby CF
  • 600w LUMii Black Digital Ballast
  • 600w Sol-Digital Dual Spectrum HPS

A Rhino Hobby wouldn’t normally be top of my carbon filter shopping list, but as it came as a kit and I just wanted to get up and running in a bigger tent without shelling silly money out, I’m hoping I can squeeze one grow out of it. I’m also using a basic Euro Reflector, and I’ve no idea how good or bad the Sol-Digital lamp is, again it came as a kit with the ballast, and ‘claims’ to be optimised for adjustable ballasts, so we’ll see :yinyang:

large.BudBox-Pro.jpg

large.Light-Extraction.jpg

large.New-Set-Up.jpg

large_Lamp.jpg

large.Ballast.jpg

POTTING UP

KK #1 (and the SS’s) have now been potted up to intermediate 6.5L pots using Plant Magic Soil, put in the tent which is showing good negative pressure, temps 25-26C, humidity around 45% and the lights set to 18/6. I also gave them 1.3 litres each of the following feed:

• 0.25ml per litre Aptus Startbooster
  • 0.5ml per litre Plant Magic Bio-Silicon
  • 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catayst
  • A good sprinkling of Plant Magic Granules

large.Soil-Supplements.jpg

I’ve had great success in the past using Plant Magic, but as mentioned at the start of this diary, I know they’ve been bought out, so let’s hope it’s still as good as it used to be :ninja:

As for the two younger KK’s, I initially decided to keep them in the MicroBox for a few more days, but last night while chilling watching The Last Leg, I started to think it was a waste of electricity, so I put them in the tent. The plan is to remove them when lights go out, put them in the MicroBox for 6 hours, then when the tent lights come back on, put them back in. They’ve also been fed the following:

That’s all for now and here’s some plant pics…

large.KK-Day-16-01.jpg

large.KK-SS-Day-16-01.jpg

large.KK-Day-7-02.jpg

large.KK-Day-16-02.jpg

large.KK-Day-16-03.jpg

large.KK-SS-Day-16-03.jpg

large.KK-SS-Day-16-02.jpg

Keep it green :smokin:

• Like 11

@SerpentAll looking good dude, nice looking set up.

Most people who have gone back to using BioBizz Fishmix or Grow and Bloom now after disappointing results with the Plant Magic stuff.

I have stuck with the BioSilicon and the PM soil up until now but for my next grow I am going to try out some Biobizz allmix. The PM soul is fine but it is a light mix so you need to keep an eye on hunger.

Anyway keep up the good work dude, I have a feeling this is going to be a cracking diary.

• Like 5

Thanks @Smokebelch and I'm chuffed with the tent, much better quality than the 60 odd quid you can pay for a budget 1.2m tent, worth the extra £££'s.

Yeah I've read that PM has gone off the boil a bit after I bought them, why do they piss around with working formulas? We'll see how it goes though as I still have hope.

• Like 8

Very nice @Serpent your diary feels very pro, the picture frames are a great touch. Love the little veg cab too, I may have to borrow that idea in future :)

Good luck in the competition and with your grow :hippy:

• Like 6

Cheers @Openairbud well if you've got an old PC case gathering dust, get one made as they're handy if you only need to start a few plants and I wish I could take credit, so borrow away as I think I got the idea from a YouTube vid :george:

• Like 6

Ooo er, nice new tent dude :D

Plants look happy with their pot up and into their new home and I'm sure the hobby filter will do the job for at least this grow.

Nice update mate, looks great in here :yep:

• Like 4

UPDATE 11/12/2018 – 18/6 Lights

Killer Kush #2 & #3 were potted up to intermediate 6.5L pots last night using Plant Magic soil and a good sprinkling of Plant Magic Granules around the potting up hole.

Roots weren’t quite as developed as I’d normally like as I’d usually leave them a few more days, but as KK #1 was starting to look a little bit root bound when potted up, and were also starting to look a little bit crinkly (especially KK #2 which I think is down to low humidity and being under 600w), I wanted to get them in fresh soil sooner rather than later.

As for feed, the two younger KK’s got about 1.5L each of the following:

• 1ml per litre Plant Magic Catalyst

KK#1 (and the two SS’s) haven’t been fed again since potting up as I’m now starting a wet/dry cycle, but they’re coming on nicely and roots are just about starting to show in the drain holes :yahoo: That said, KK #1 does have some spots on the lower fan leaves, but I think that was me spilling feed on them. It hasn’t spread or got worse so I’m not stressing about it.

With it being a new set up, I’ve been messing about trying to get the environment dialled in, temps are a touch on the high side during lights on as it’s between 25-28C, and a touch low during lights off at 18-19C. Humidity has been more of an issue as during lights on, it was dropping to around 33-35%, so I filled some tubs with water to help raise it, which is working to a point as during lights off, its rising to 65%, but drops to around 40% when lights are on so I could still do with it being a touch higher at this early stage.

And the ages of the plants are also as follows:

• KK #1 – 20 Days
  • KK #2 & #3 – 11 Days

I think that’s everything, so here are some pics from last night…

large.KK-2-3-Day-11-01.jpg

large.KK-2-3-Day-11-02.jpg

large.KK-2-3-Day-11-03.jpg

large.KK-2-3-Day-11-04.jpg

large.KK-1-Day-20-01.jpg

large.KK-1-Day-20-02.jpg

large.KK-1-Day-20-03.jpg

large.Temperature-01.jpg

Until next time, keep it green :smokin:

• Like 10