Is my cupboard too small?

budjam

21 minutes ago, budjam said:

Had a look there, small amounts of dust about, like on my hand etc when handling it.

Hers a few pics:

Box it came in:

IMG-1081-Large.jpg

Filter sitting out:

IMG-1082-Large.jpg

Where the filter was sitting:

IMG-1083-Large.jpg

PS what is the best way to mount it as a little surprised there is no hanging brackets on it..

looks normal. Now I see that though, I just checked, mine was a carboair, not mountain air. Mine has hanging brackets rivetted on too.

Edited by elmer budd
added info
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, budjam said:

Thanks mate

The part of my order missing is out of stock so I will need to source the grodan mini rockwool cubes elsewhere.

Hello buddy. You should try root it cubes or root riot cubes. I’ve been recommended to ditch the rock wool and try these by more experienced growers. Having 100% success with them so far. Only tried 6 beans lol but all good. :bong:

• Like 2

Just now, The Padawan said:

Hello buddy. You should try root it cubes or root riot cubes. I’ve been recommended to ditch the rock wool and try these by more experienced growers. Having 100% success with them so far. Only tried 6 beans lol but all good. :bong:

I will try that once I get through this lot, thanks mate :smokin:

• Like 1

Hello all

Just after a bit of noob advice please :)

Got my 60x40x200 tent setup now, Popped an auto seed in some damp cotton wool and its out about 1cm, Going to move it to pre-soaked rockwool block soon.

What kind of lighting does it need at first?  I have 1 x migro 100 light.

Turn the migro power right down and hang about 40cm above it or??

how many hours of light?

Sorry for a beginner questions.

:yep:

• Like 1

until the first set of leaves pop light isnt really needed, if you do use light (maybe to add heat) - yeah, use it on weak setting and high up.  Once the leaves form then you can worry about lighting strengths and position.  I think with autos most run 24/0 or 20/4 all the way through...?

Sorry for the beginner answers:smokin:

Edited by elmer budd
  • Like 2

Thanks @colboyxx :yep:

The seed was hanging on for it's life, from what I read maybe it wasn't buried deep enough.. (was about 1cm down)

Just got in and had a look and the seed is now popped off so I took the clingfilm of the top of the container it's in (was trying to keep it humid)

So... apart from a tiny white mark on the leaf it seems ok?

What sort of light power will it require now? 

IMG-1105.jpg
IMG-1106.jpg

Couple of days, let them first true leaves open up fully and you can start increasing light buddy, start the light at least 24" above the plant for veg. Enjoy :bong:

• Like 1

Cheers mate, so lights at the mo are about 30cm height and around 50% as was suggested for the 1st stage.. Just leave like that for a few days till leaves open?

Then start upping the percentage like 10% a day or something?

Sorry for the most basic of questions mate. It's tricky for me as I can't find any grow diaries with this migro light that detail the power settings etc.

Edited by budjam
  • Like 1

yeah, not too much too soon.  Mine started life on the windowsill (no direct sunlight) 2 months ago cos I hadnt set up yet, they were well stretchy (tall) after a week or so, but no matter cos on the pot up I buried the stem a bit.

• Like 2

Hi all

This is her now, Light still about 50%

was going to give stronger mix of formulex, Humidity in my tent is super low at around 40 at the mo so still got it covered in cling film.

any help and tips? :)

Edited by Owderb
Please upload pics to here. Thanks
  • Like 2

I dont think you need the cling film now unless your RH is really low (40% to 60% is fine).  For the rest, as you are not in mud, I can't really advise.  Looks a bit pale to me, and is that yellowing at the leaf edge?  Please don't do anything until you get good advice.  Its definitely alive:cowboy:

Edited by elmer budd
correction
  • Like 2