Is my cupboard too small?

budjam

Get yourself bigger with the light, bet a 250w hps would be fine if you have that head space more bud and most likely give a lot better flowers then the 100w also probably cheaper. saying that I’ve never used led so I might be wrong 

• Like 1

Here’s my opinion of limited experience......

The thing for me is, it’s a very small foot print with a lot of height. IMO, split into 2 levels with 120w of LEDs feeding 2 plants on each level would be perfect. A single plant in that space is going to look quite lost and if you do use the height it’s gonna be a struggle to get the light penetration whilst using the footprint to its maximum. You say you don’t smoke a lot but TBH when it’s cheaper it goes quicker and you can always just stop growing for a bit until your supply dwindles. 

Im using a 40x40x120 tent with a shelf midway, 1 plant per level with 60w of quantum board each, I’m not using all the space of the footprint but it’s not really big enough for 2 plants per level either. 

Short and bushy = Tight dense nugs using the footprint to its max to get the light hitting evenly

Thin and Tall = more popcorn than your local odeon. 

• Like 1

@flash_cannon

Thanks for the info mate, here is the tent i got... it's a prop tent but the shelves all come out.. Extraction on the top which is perfect for me as can take it straight to loft.
small tent

This tent will fit exactly in the cupboard.

Edited by budjam

54 minutes ago, OddNut said:

Get yourself bigger with the light, bet a 250w hps would be fine if you have that head space more bud and most likely give a lot better flowers then the 100w also probably cheaper. saying that I’ve never used led so I might be wrong 

Hi

Already ordered the light I'm afraid, Will see how it goes :)

Can always eBay it if it's crap.

16 minutes ago, Donkeybong said:

Here’s my opinion of limited experience......

The thing for me is, it’s a very small foot print with a lot of height. IMO, split into 2 levels with 120w of LEDs feeding 2 plants on each level would be perfect. A single plant in that space is going to look quite lost and if you do use the height it’s gonna be a struggle to get the light penetration whilst using the footprint to its maximum. You say you don’t smoke a lot but TBH when it’s cheaper it goes quicker and you can always just stop growing for a bit until your supply dwindles. 

Im using a 40x40x120 tent with a shelf midway, 1 plant per level with 60w of quantum board each, I’m not using all the space of the footprint but it’s not really big enough for 2 plants per level either. 

Short and bushy = Tight dense nugs using the footprint to its max to get the light hitting evenly

Thin and Tall = more popcorn than your local odeon. 

Hi mate, The tent has shelves that are removable, so i can always blank a section of the tent off.

Tent

I do 30cm x30 cm.  Its possible.  I also have lots of headroom.  4" fan themostatically controlled. 150w hps.

Lots of probes. Mountain air filter.

15cm square pots.  30cm high.  I do a minimum of four plants per sq ft.

I prefer a big growroom in miniature. As opposed to a small piece of a big grow room.  Its economy of scale really.

large.rps20181125_003111.jpg

Your space is more than ample.  Kit it out right.  Spend bulk of the budget on filter and air.  Lights are useless without the air.  Filter, controller, fan.  Then a lamp.

Small spaces often benefit from more than one plant is my mantra.  But i could be wrong.  

• Like 2

Carbon filter in the loft is fine, just blow into and mount the fan directly on it, keeps the noise remote and the whole run in negative pressure until cleaning

• Like 3

12 hours ago, budjam said:

@flash_cannon

Thanks for the info mate, here is the tent i got... it's a prop tent but the shelves all come out.. Extraction on the top which is perfect for me as can take it straight to loft.
small tent

This tent will fit exactly in the cupboard.

that's a huge tent! you will need a bigger light, a Quantum Board from @diyleduk or similar would be good - I think COB is older technology now... is there a refund option on your light? Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer but its small for the space 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flash_cannon said:

that's a huge tent! you will need a bigger light, a Quantum Board from @diyleduk or similar would be good - I think COB is older technology now... is there a refund option on your light? Don't wanna be a Debbie Downer but its small for the space 

As this is my first ever grow obviously I don't know much about it all but why would the light be too small if its hanging just 30cm above the plant?

They state it's good for 60cm x 60cm flowering.

cheers

1 hour ago, budjam said:

As this is my first ever grow obviously I don't know much about it all but why would the light be too small if its hanging just 30cm above the plant?

They state it's good for 60cm x 60cm flowering.

cheers

Sure if you just do one plant - but you have a 1.2m width on the tent so id be tempted to do more with a bigger light purely because one plant can be a risk. 

But for just one plant it should be fine at 3000-4000k for veg and flower 

• Like 1

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

I can still change what light I get yes but I think when I initially looked at the DIYleds for sale on this site they would have been too long for my tent / cupboard? 60cm wide..

Unless I was completely looking at the wrong thing? What is the latest and greatest ones he sells? Bit of a minefield in there for noobs.. :sweaty:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, budjam said:

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

I can still change what light I get yes but I think when I initially looked at the DIYleds for sale on this site they would have been too long for my tent / cupboard? 60cm wide..

Unless I was completely looking at the wrong thing? What is the latest and greatest ones he sells? Bit of a minefield in there for noobs.. :sweaty:

Get the QB that he has on offer - Quantum Board v2 135w - it’s only 34cm wide. I grow in a 40x40 tent so it’s perfect for me. Latest tech. He can also assemble for you if you put a note on checkout :)

• Like 1