Is my cupboard too small?

budjam

1 minute ago, flash_cannon said:

I think @diyleduk will tell you that COB is older technology than QB’s - possibly not as bright leds

Thanks mate, I asked him and he said the migro 100 would be fine for that small space.

I mean will I notice much difference between a migro 100 and a diyled? It's my first ever grow and a super small one at that, just one plant at a time. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budjam said:

Thanks mate, I asked him and he said the migro 100 would be fine for that small space.

I mean will I notice much difference between a migro 100 and a diyled? It's my first ever grow and a super small one at that, just one plant at a time. :)

No you probably wouldn’t notice. You may get tighter buds but for a one plant first grow it will be fine. That’s why I said the pinch of salt comment, you can just feel your way through a of grow, asking questions along the way. But only you know what works for your needs and your space. Once you have that dialled in you will be laughing! 

I only mentioned Diyled in case it fit your budget and you had ideas of going bigger within that space. 

Let us know how it goes 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flash_cannon said:

No you probably wouldn’t notice. You may get tighter buds but for a one plant first grow it will be fine. That’s why I said the pinch of salt comment, you can just feel your way through a of grow, asking questions along the way. But only you know what works for your needs and your space. Once you have that dialled in you will be laughing! 

I only mentioned Diyled in case it fit your budget and you had ideas of going bigger within that space. 

Let us know how it goes 

Thanks mate and all your help is super appreciated.

All stuff now ordered, Need to sort the old airing cupboard now. It used to have a hotwater cylinder in it and hasn't been painted since the 60s, looks fairly ghetto.

Quite interested in trying some high CBD autos, maybe 1:1 with thc, looks interesting. 

:)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, budjam said:

Thanks mate and all your help is super appreciated.

All stuff now ordered, Need to sort the old airing cupboard now. It used to have a hotwater cylinder in it and hasn't been painted since the 60s, looks fairly ghetto.

Quite interested in trying some high CBD autos, maybe 1:1 with thc, looks interesting. 

:)

Sweet seeds do great cbd 1:1 autos  - I grew honey peach it was great. Dinafem too. 

• Like 1

Just now, flash_cannon said:

Sweet seeds do great cbd 1:1 autos  - I grew honey peach it was great. Dinafem too. 

Sweet peach... now that sounds nice. 

Will go check them out :naughty:

1 hour ago, colboyxx said:

Good luck in the cupboard bud, it soon comes together 

Thanks mate :)

Over the next few days it will be like Christmas with plenty of deliveries, lights, tent, feed, carbon filter etc etc lol

• Like 1

Well most the kit is here, waiting in the migro light to come early this week,

also my order from grow and harvest order was missing some items so have contacted them on that, I’m sure they will sort it quick. 

The mountain air carbon filter I got was a bit dusty in and out of the box with black carbon dust... is that the normal or is this one kinda leaking or something?

cheers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colboyxx said:

Hi @budjam when I received both rhino filters there was also dust in both the bags they come in, so I almost sure that's quite normal buddy.

Thanks mate

The part of my order missing is out of stock so I will need to source the grodan mini rockwool cubes elsewhere.

11 hours ago, budjam said:

The mountain air carbon filter I got was a bit dusty in and out of the box with black carbon dust... is that the normal or is this one kinda leaking or something?

cheers. 

Mine wasn't really dusty (although there will always be some dust) and it was shrinkwrapped too. Maybe they did that at the shop before posting though. I am not saying there is a problem but if there is any doubt you could check it with a torch I read somewhere on here I think, it should be full, no gaps in the carbon.

• Like 1

Just now, elmer budd said:

Mine wasn't really dusty (although there will always be some dust) and it was shrinkwrapped too. Maybe they did that at the shop before posting though. I am not saying there is a problem but if there is any doubt you could check it with a torch I read somewhere on here I think, it should be full, no gaps in the carbon.

It was a very small amount. I'll give it a go. cheers

6 minutes ago, budjam said:

It was a very small amount. I'll give it a go. cheers

there will always be some dust, probs not worth the hassle of removing the cover to check. Just give it a little shake:skin_up:

Edited by elmer budd

Had a look there, small amounts of dust about, like on my hand etc when handling it.

Hers a few pics:

Box it came in:

IMG-1081-Large.jpg

Filter sitting out:

IMG-1082-Large.jpg

Where the filter was sitting:

IMG-1083-Large.jpg

PS what is the best way to mount it as a little surprised there is no hanging brackets on it..

• Like 1