Monkeypig does Remo Chemo and Gorilla

monkeypig

• 3 weeks later...

Right, everything is dry and many test smokes have been had. 

Each of the gorillas managed over 4 ounces each, the remo chemos didn't yield as much (1.5 and 2.5 ounces respectively)  but considering the bug issues faced by one of the remos, it is no shame.

The gorillas both have a lovely flavour and are a very powerful smoke. The remos ended up being a little bit leafy but again very tasty and even more potent, akin to being smacked in the head with a large blunt implement. I confess to having had many evenings where I've fallen asleep on the sofa and I blame the remo! So if anyone is needed help in that department these will be right up your street.

I have attempted to take some decent photos of the buds but have failed so far but I'll attempt to get some more shots if my lack of photography skills allow.

In conclusion these both get the monkeypig seal of approval and as such I'm running both of the Gorilla phenos and the one remo pheno that I got a cutting of because I really believe they deserve another go to really get the best out of the genetics. I'll be starting a new diary for this lot.

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for letting me pop my Dinafem cherry  -  I've now added Dinafem to my personal list of worthy seed suppliers:realcool:

• Like 2

Right, I think these shots will be as good as I can manage with my little camera until I find the time to learn a little more for the close ups!

Oldtimes

large.IMG_0339.jpg

Remo

large.IMG_0336.jpglarge.IMG_0335.jpg

Blockhead

large.IMG_0332.jpglarge.IMG_0334.jpg

Gorilla

large.IMG_0352.jpglarge.IMG_0350.jpglarge.IMG_0346.jpglarge.IMG_0345.jpg

No apologies for the trim job , I only trim to my satisfaction:)

• Like 6

On 06/04/2019 at 6:00 PM, monkeypig said:

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for letting me pop my Dinafem cherry  -  I've now added Dinafem to my personal list of worthy seed suppliers:realcool:

It was my pleasure mate and been a blast following your first Dinafem grow :yep:

8 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Gorilla

Looking nice mate ;)

Time to sit back and enjoy that dank and frosty end product my friend  :bong:

I hope you'll be growing many more Dinafem girl's in the future @monkeypig:headbang:

Until then thank you for the great diary and enjoy your hard earned harvest  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well done on completion mate  dairies tell the tale.

If you dont mind me asking What flavours did you get ? What were the effects like?  and which strain did you prefer and why?

One more q would you do anything different on the next run? 

Thanks hope thats not too many questions or a pain to answer 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi @monkeypig congrats on the harvest. The gorillas are looking lovely could you tell me what the stretch was like and how long you had it in veg for if you remember. Been looking at the gorillas recently. Just doing some research thanks. 

• Like 1

@Bje  A bit hard to be exact with the stretch because I semi scrog- I grow up to the net and when I turn the girls I just keep tucking growth away until I think we're near the end of the stretch and then I let them go!

I'm not great at describing the flavours but i'd say sweet skunky fruity yumminess. I've run it again since and am going to do it a third time. High praise considering I normally start seeds, run them once and then hand them off to the clone fairy.  Don't look at the gorilla, get the gorilla, you won't regret it:)

@Kickstand  First off, apologies for the late reply! First off, as I said above, I'd go for sweet skunky fruityness for the flavour. The gorilla was by far my favourite, and I really enjoyed the smoke. It's strong but not knockout, but still gives me that nice relaxing feeling in my eyes:hippy:. Would I change anything? Not really but I've always been pretty handsoff with my growing. I don't tend to manage them much, I just try to let them do their thing. 

I've a feeling that I'll be keeping at least one of the two gorilla girls for a long time

• Like 2