Monkeypig does Remo Chemo and Gorilla

monkeypig

I know there is a lot of opinion on here about whether or not to use boosts and other ancillary products, but I have to admit that I do like to use the full range that a company has developed. My logic being that if they've take the effort to develop a series of products together then I may as well use them. 

I have got my mucky little trotterpaws on a bottle of @Intense Nutrients new finisher Climax

large.IMG_0160.jpg 

I've got to say I've only used Ripen a few times, so have little experience of finishers ( apart from in Mortal Kombat)

Instructions say :-

Add to reservoir at 2-4ml per litre for 5-7 days 2 weeks before harvest.

After using CLIMAX flush plants for 7 days with a quarter strength base nutrient solution.

I know it's not a very scientific was to be doing it, but unfortunately I don't have a giant room where I can run controls.

• Like 1

On 24/02/2019 at 7:15 AM, monkeypig said:

We've now completed 6 weeks of this cycle, and the next few weeks can't come quickly enough - Somehow my jars are all empty all ready.

Canopy @ 6 weeks

large.IMG_0278.jpg

6 week gorilla 1

large.IMG_0281.jpg

Gorilla 2 

large.IMG_0282.jpg

remo 2 that got "snapped" a couple of weeks ago has healed the bend and is going well still  -BOth these remos are looking like the'll take the longest.

large.IMG_0283.jpg

Remo 1

large.IMG_0284.jpg

Oldtimes 

large.IMG_0285.jpg

BLockhead

large.IMG_0286.jpg

My best advice would be to do a staggered harvest mate :)

Is this possible or will all plants be harvested at the same time? 

Personally I would crop out the ladies that are finished at say week 8 to replenish your supply then let the others go until finished  ;)

Alternatively you could harvest the tops and leave the lowers in bloom to finish :yep:

Just a thought buddy ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark   Unfortunately a staggered harvest is out of the question due to lack of space. That said an awful lot can happen over the space of 3 weeks and it'll be interesting to see what the Climax can do!

• Like 1

Righty ho - Here we find ourselves @ 7 weeks and wow are those Gorillas starting to look sexy, and pretty large too. 

Canopy

large.IMG_0287.jpg

Gorilla 1 - 

large.IMG_0288.jpg

Gorilla 2

large.IMG_0289.jpg

Remo 2 - The bent one!

large.IMG_0290.jpg

Remo 1 

large.IMG_0291.jpg

Oldtimes 

large.IMG_0292.jpg

And finally the Blockhead - She agreed to pose for a couple of close upslarge.IMG_0293.jpglarge.IMG_0294.jpglarge.IMG_0295.jpg

The remos are both looking like they'd like to hand around a little longer than the others, so it's looking like I'm going to have to just see how we go. I'm reckoning they'll all have to go to 10 weeks to allow the remos to get their thing done. I'm going to finish the bucket of feed I've got mixed then next bucket I'll add the @Intense Nutrients Climax to the feed before feeding for the rest of the week and then it'll be flush time.

With the jars totally empty at the moment I'm going to try to stay on the wagon till they're ready and then I'll be having a real treat with no tolerance. 

Let it be said, my first experience of Dinafem seeds is working out very nicely - Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for this opportunity.

Edited by monkeypig
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

@Dinafem-Mark   Unfortunately a staggered harvest is out of the question due to lack of space. That said an awful lot can happen over the space of 3 weeks and it'll be interesting to see what the Climax can do!

I thought it would be a full crop take down mate :)

It's picking that optimal window which I'm confident you'll do :)

Week 7 and Gorilla #2 looks very close to harvest, #1 does look like she will need slightly longer to finish, is it me but does Remo2 look close to finish to with #1 lagging behind? 

Keep the updates coming my friend. Not long now buddy  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

6 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Let it be said, my first experience of Dinafem seeds is working out very nicely - Thanks @Dinafem-Mark for this opportunity.

My pleasure mate you've done a fine job showcasing our genetics  :yep:

Here's to many more Dinafem grows  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Full panic stations last night. I was mixing up a new bucket of feed at 7 1/2 weeks. Perfect time to try out the @Intense Nutrients Climax. SO I've mixed the bucket, just Climax, Runzyme and a little Wide load, and as I give each pot a big 2l serving i noticed on the Remo 1 what looked like stange bubblling coming up through the roots, except when I looked closer it was actually hundreds of tiny white 2/3 mm long little critters - No distinct form and looking like minute white (no black dots on end) grains of rice, except they were wriggling to fuck. Even worse as I'd watered some of the little fuckers spilled over the pot into the tray in the tent:headpain:

I've really been soooo lucky with pests in recent years (had some thrips about 5/6 years ago and spider mites 10+ years ago) that I have to admit I still haven't I'd then but from what I read and especially the looking like bubbles at first , I suspected it could be fungus gnat larvae (not noticed any flies about though).  Had a good look in the other 5 pots and there didn't seem to be any so fingers crossed they really had a taste for poor Remo 1.I tried to get some pictures  but didn't come out too well

large.IMG_0296.jpg

But looking again in the cold light of day ( I know the pictures are awful) do they look like they could be springtails?

Reading up about them it seems like if it is springtails it's far from the worst that could have happened but still explains why Remo 1 seemed to be struggling a little (So remember this before anyone accuses me of picking on the Remo Chemo)

large.IMG_0291.jpg

I'm expecting to be chopping the weekend after this so things could be worse and I reckon it's going to be best to just ride this out and deep clean everything once chopped. 

Still, was a bit of a shock.

• Like 3

On 06/03/2019 at 8:01 AM, monkeypig said:

Well, it turns out you can teach an old dog new tricks- Looks like springtails

large._copie-0_spring.jpg

They do look like sprintails mate :(

They can be a pain I'm not sure if there is a cure I know diatomaceous earth can help and also letting the pots dry out as much as possible due to springtails being attracted to wet/humid environments.  I'll have a look around to see if there is a valid pesticide that's natural :)

Are they more visable when you water buddy?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Are they more visable when you water buddy?

It was actually the only time I noticed them.   Last night I noticed the little gits have made it onto the Oldtimes. Thankfully they should be down by next weekend and then I can nuke the flower tent and I'll take preventative measures with the veg tent. I'll try some Provado and was also given a sample of C NO INSECTS, so we'll see what gives.

• Like 1

Hypoaspis Miles and roving beetles. 

Probably a bit late for this grow but get them in your mother tent and dump some in next grow as a control measure. 

Pesticides are rubbish. Most of the little bastards out there eat pesticide for breakfast. Also you can't spray on flowering plants. Predators are the way forward. 

• Like 2

And ozone producing UV c lights are great for sterilising between grows. Just make sure you vent all the ozone before you go back in. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sargares said:

Hypoaspis Miles and roving beetles. 

Natural predators would be my choice and much more effective and environmentally friendly  :bong:

Always good to take a proactive approach to keep the critters down ;)

After this grow, I would scrap all medium and give the grow area a good clean. Then clean again. I like a hydrogen peroxide solution in spray bottles to go all over my room, equipment etc ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

Week 8 is done, into week 9, flushing in full effect. Probably be down this weekend before the unwelcome beasties spoil all the fun

Canopy

large.IMG_0299.jpg

Gorilla 1

large.IMG_0300.jpg

Gorilla 2

large.IMG_0301.jpg

Remo 2

large.IMG_0302.jpg

Remo1

large.IMG_0303.jpg

Oldtimes

large.IMG_0304.jpg

Blockhead

large.IMG_0305.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish pictures - I've managed to get camera stuck in some strange mode. Was trying to get into macro to do some close ups and fucked up. Time to RTFM!

• Like 2