Monkeypig does Remo Chemo and Gorilla

monkeypig

Thanks to the generous offer from @Dinafem-Mark to try some Dinafem strains my grown up son asked me to choose these 2. I also have started a dinafem critical cheese I got as a freebie from attitude. I'll also be throwing in an oldtimes just because why wouldn't you run an oldtimes?

I'm just finishing up the current lot in the main tent and this lot are just hatching as we speak so I'll try to get some pictures up later.

They will be fed once again exclusively on the great coco nutrients from @Intense Nutrients

Here's hoping for some lovely sticky icky and some lovely new flavours.large.IMG_0080.jpg

• Like 11

large.IMG_0091.jpglarge.IMG_0090.jpg

After some idiot accidentally dropped one gorilla we are already left with 2 gorillas and 3 remo chemos with the critical cheese there to keep up the dinafem family.

If I get some peace and quiet tomorrow they'll get potted into teeny pots. 

• Like 9

Another multiple strain grow up and running. This should be fun ;)

3 solid Dinafem strains, all have performed very well on UK420 so let's see what you can do my friend  :bong:

I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate  ;)

Good luck. This is going to be a blast  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the Critical cheese met an untimely end when butterfingers here dropped a shade onto the poor plants in the beg tent. Everyone else escaped but the oldtimes in there lost an arm:(

large.IMG_0118.jpglarge.IMG_0117.jpglarge.IMG_0116.jpg

They got a little stretched while under the t5 because it was up higher due to some bigger plants in there but nothing that won't be solved at the next pot up.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, monkeypig said:

Unfortunately the Critical cheese met an untimely end when butterfingers here dropped a shade onto the poor plants in the veg tent.

Accidents happen mate. Nothing drastic and most of the plants at still intact  :yep:

You will get quite a bit of stretch from t5,s or cfl lighting but as you said this is nothing that can't be rectified when you pot the girls up ;)

Thanks for the update mate. I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, been really busy with work and all this Christmas nonsense. 

They've been repotted to help with the stretch where they were left under the t5 too long. I refuse to heat my tent at this time of year so the early stages can be a bit slower but I'm happy to pay that price over wasteful heating.

large.IMG_0138.jpgThe 2 gorillas are at the front of the image and the 3 at the back are the remo chemos. I've been deliberately going very gently with the @Intense Nutrients as I get to know how hot they can take. I'm waiting for a delivery of the og coco granules and then I''ll be potting up to the 8 litre fabric pots for then to fill out before we start to think about turning them in the new year. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

large.IMG_0139.jpglarge.IMG_0140.jpgThe 2 gorillas

large.IMG_0142.jpglarge.IMG_0141.jpgThe 2 Remo chemos

large.IMG_0143.jpgold times

large.IMG_0144.jpgA sad looking blockhead that was potted up yesterday.

I have narrowed down to 2 gorillas and 2 remo chemos with an oldtimes and a last minute decision to run the blockhead I've been enjoying from the last crop. Everyone is in their final pots - 8 litre fabric pots.

I'll give them at least another week to settle in and fill their posts a little more before I think about about turning them. 

• Like 5

Will follow along in the background. I have a few remo chemo's in early veg and are good strong plants.

Best of luck.

Toke...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, monkeypig said:

I'll give them at least another week to settle in and fill their posts a little more before I think about about turning them

Sounds like a plan my friend  :bong:

The selection has been made. The ladies are in their finish pots and ready to show the world what they can do. 

Another week to get settled into the new homes and it will be flower time  ;)

Looking good in here and a very happy New year  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well , another week (more actually but who's counting?) gone and I set the timer to flower at the weekend after panicking when I saw the levels of the stash. It's amazing how fast you can get through when it seems like all the jars are full.

Things seem to have taken forever in veg and I'm pretty sure I've found out why. Over recent weeks when mixing the nutes I've been having more and more problems with ph. I've been calibrating the probe but it still seemed to be giving some weird readings so I've got a new one on order. I reckon I've been through 3 probes on 2 bluelab combo meters in about 12 years so can't really grumble. 

large.IMG_0150.jpg

Gorilla 1

large.IMG_0151.jpgGorilla 2 sorry about the picture. I think Stevie Wonder took it

large.IMG_0152.jpgRemo 1

large.IMG_0153.jpgRemo 2

large.IMG_0154.jpgOld times

large.IMG_0155.jpgBlockhead  

Edited by monkeypig
hadn't finished
  • Like 3

Let the flower show begin  :bong:

Glad you've found the ph issue out mate :yep:

2 really nice looking Gorillas and 2 lovely Remo Chemo ready to show the world what they can do  :)

Until next time my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2018 at 6:04 PM, monkeypig said:

I''ll be potting up to the 8 litre fabric pots

How are you finding the fabric pots compared to the traditional plastic pits we know and love? 

I'm seeing more and more growers making the switch :yep: any advantages or disadvantage from your experience? @monkeypig

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

How are you finding the fabric pots compared to the traditional plastic? 

This will be the third run with them and perhaps they dry out a little more quickly, but I'd imagine there is more air getting to the roots? 

The absolute massive advantage is space saving. Somehow I'd acquired over 20 6.5l pots and as you can imagine they take up a lot of space when not in use, so neatly folded empty fabric pots are much easier to house. The environmental benefit is only really relevant if you haven't already got the plastic pots, but  for those starting out I reckon it's worth going fabric.

• Like 1

Just now, monkeypig said:

This will be the third run with them and perhaps they dry out a little more quickly, but I'd imagine there is more air getting to the roots? 

The absolute massive advantage is space saving. Somehow I'd acquired over 20 6.5l pots and as you can imagine they take up a lot of space when not in use, so neatly folded empty fabric pots are much easier to house. The environmental benefit is only really relevant if you haven't already got the plastic pots, but  for those starting out I reckon it's worth going fabric.

This seems to be the consensus mate. Growers need less medium to get better plants with the only downside I've seen is as you say "maybe need watering more often" which will be down to more air getting to the medium and faster drying. 

Defintely the way forward imo. 

Thanks for your feedback my friend  :yep:

It will be very beneficial to new growers and seasoned growers looking to make the switch  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1