The Sweetie Cupboard

Openairbud

@Smokebelch no worries man there are a lot of entries in this comp to keep up with! Yes well I hope end of Jan anyway as I'm away then for a few days and don't like leaving things running.

Just a quick pic to show the pot up went fine, good bit of growth over the weekend. CM in the round pot is drinking a little slower than the other 2, they both had another drink last night. large.20181203_071149-1548x2064.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 9

Nice happy looking girls mate, no stress from the pot up ;)

Well organised clean space too. Good luck with the rest of the grow and the comp :bong:

Edited by jadenugs
spelling
  • Like 6

Lovin' the cupboard grow room and nice to see the beans are now on their way, so good luck with the grow & comp :yep:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 6

Slightly early update as I'm after a little advice lol

There is good news and bad news to bring. Good news is the 2 plants in square pots are growing amazing so far, and they look nearly perfect to me..

large.20181206_203948-1548x2064.jpg

They are both quite stocky, I think 4 nodes tall now, so nearly ready for a bending, to try and bring the lower shoots up.

SAD

large.20181206_203910-1548x2064.jpg

Crystal Candy

large.20181206_203915-1548x2064.jpg

So my first question is do I need worry about the canoeing on the bottom right plant? I thought it may be low humidity/light a bit close so I've raised both, but still it occurs. You can see it better in this pic..large.20181206_203940-1548x2064.jpg

The plant at back right isn't doing it so dunno what to think. Doesn't seem to be slowing it so far anyhow. 

Second question, and I guess first bit of bad news, the plant in round pot doesn't seem right. It's leaves have never been too pretty, patchy, and growing unevenly. Generally it's not growing that fast. Any ideas what may be wrong?! She may have to go to make room for the other 2 if they get very big. I'll keep her around for now. 

large.20181206_203926-1548x2064.jpglarge.20181206_203933-1548x2064.jpg

Finally the last bit of bad news. I have a family situation arising, which may mean me postponing the diary. Gutting as this is the best start to a grow ive ever had! I will continue as long as I'm able with this one, and may still get to the end, but ultimately family comes first. I still intend on doing the second run, so hopefully I will still be able to honour sweet seeds great offer and finish a grow. 

• Like 8

Sorry to hear you've got some personal shit to deal with @Openairbud as yes, family always first!

As for the issues, I'm no expert, but I'll try and shed some light on it. The curling leaves could be one of a few things, over feeding, but leaf tips haven't gone yellow or look burnt, so I don't think its that, temps could also be too high or lights too intense at canopy level, can you get a temp reading at canopy? You said you've moved your light up, so hopefully that'll help.

The smaller one, the mutant leaves might just be the pheno as newer growth looks OK, I'd personally just keep it going and see how she grows.

Good luck mate :yep:

• Like 6

Sorry to hear about that @Openairbud. I hope you do manage to keep it going but sometimes circumstances just cannot be avoided. Even if we don't see them again, I wish you the best of luck for your trio. I'm not sure what might be making the round pot go slower but I hope it picks up as time goes on.

• Like 6

@Serpent thanks for stopping by.:)

Temp at canopy as I type is 24.5c. I have 2 temp readers in there, 1 for canopy temp, and 1 sheltered from direct light, which is switching my controller. Temps were probably too high for a while, 28ish. Would the leaves stay curled even after the problem is sorted? Humidity around 33%. They have only had seaweed and water so far. 

And yes I will leave the smaller for a while. May as well for now :)

• Like 6

@delagdo  thanks mate. I feel real bad considering recent talk on the other seed sponsor sub forums about people taking free seeds then not doing/finishing diaries in return. This is why I'll try and keep things as transparent as possible. The seeds for diaries is a great concept and shouldn't purposely be abused. 

Thanks for popping in. :)

• Like 6

I hope you can keep the grow going mate, can see you're enjoying the diary so I wouldn't worry that anyone thinks you're blagging the beans and running, like some do.

Hopefully things will pan out ok for you ;)

I think low humidity can make the leaves roll up around the edges, as well as heat stress. As far as I know they have the same effect and the leaves are rolling up to keep as less leaf surface as possible open to the lamp/sun to prevent itself from over transpiring due to hot air or dry air. It always seems strange when one plant does what the others aren't doing so it could be just the way of that plant/pheno and nothing to worry about.

The CM in the round pot looks fine mate, nice and perky. She'll probably grow out of it as the roots spread through the pot and multiply.

All the best :v:

• Like 5

Yeah I'd forgot about that, low humidity can cause curling so its possibly the high temps were causing low humidity and curling leaves, sounds like you've got it sorted now, so I wouldn't worry too much as I've seen (and grown) a lot worse :pitchfork:

• Like 5

@Openairbud What a shame that you are having personal shit to deal with as I was enjoying your diary and your plants are looking awesome.

My Cream Caramels were very slow at the start and had much worse deformed leaves, than your little plant so don’t ditch it, it’s fine.

Wishing you all the best with stuff and I hope you can come back and carry on with the diary.

• Like 4

@jadenugs 

@Serpent

@Smokebelch

Cheers guys for kind words, it's not over yet, it will carry on as long as possible. If it were summer and things had to switched off for a while then the plants would have found a temporary home in the garden but that's clearly not happening in December :)

If I get a chance I will try and raise humidity even further. But as you say they all seem fairly happy.still so it may not matter. 

I've started to bend the bigger ones, and they both have had 1 litre of water with a dash of seaweed. Last water was Wednesday lunchtime. 

• Like 5