The Sweetie Cupboard

Openairbud

Hello and welcome to my attempt at a diary. 

Firstly, a big thanks to @Sweet Seeds-tommy @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp and all at sweet seeds for the opportunity to try their seeds out, I hope to do them justice and get some tasty buds to vape. 

large.20181025_155718-2064x1548.jpg

I grow my weed in a small cupboard, 450mm x 450mm ish square, which was built by stacking a couple of old kitchen units ontop of one another, and covered on the outside with 50mm thick kingspan. It is lit inside by a 150watt cmh bulb. I also have a small tube heater to help air temp a little, and a heat mat for toasty roots, alongside a diy temperature switched fan controller which keeps the 4" extraction ticking over. 

It all sounds a bit ghetto, and well it is, but it also provides me with more weed than I know what to do with and has served me well for the last 3 years. Before I start this grow I have some mods to do in the cab, which I will touch on in here. They include: a new lick of white paint, swapping fan and filter so I'm sucking through rather than blowing through filter, replacing rubber seal on the door, and adding some sort of netting to assist in controlling wayward plants.

Here's how my cupboard looks now: large.20181028_222525-1548x2064.jpg

As you can see it needs a clean up. Watch this space! 

My rough plan, once ready to start, is to pop 4 seeds, using the strongest 3 in 6.5l pots of compost and grow them into netting to form a scrog. The net will climb the walls also, and there is a possibility I could change the bulb to a vertical position, depending on growth of plants. I will try 2 runs of 3 autos back to back, the second will hopefully be an improvement on the first :rofl:.

This is my first time growing sweet seeds, I'm really looking forward to trying them. Everyone who has grown them only have good words to say.

Good luck everyone, here's to some sweet sweet vapes..

:yinyang:

• Like 16

Best of luck with the competition, I think you've picked some great strains there. I'm looking forward to seeing your space fill with jungle in a few weeks :) 

Great grow cupboard too, I love seeing how inventive people can be rather than just buying a tent, also love the fire extinguisher. 

• Like 4

Nice choice of seeds and great set up!

I hope you enjoy the comp my friend,

all the best and Sweet vapes!

jaypp

• Like 3

@Openairbud I love the home made cabinet dude. What is the big red thing at the top used for?

Its good to see another Sweet Seeds virgin like myself joining in the competition. It looks like you have some nice strains to grow out so good luck with your autos diary dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 4

@assault and battery thanks for popping in, I've never done 3 plants in here, I think jungle is probably right :) the cupboard was built out of necessity for stealth, someone could pop their head in the same room and not know a thing, a tent would be more obvious I guess! 

thanks for the good vibes mate :yinyang:

• Like 6

@Smokebelch thanks mate, I'm looking forward to seeing your multiple large cola plants, cc sounds a bit special. 

The red thing is an auto fire extinguisher, it's there for piece of mind really, I'm hoping it will always stay there unused!! 

• Like 4

@Jack010 thanks mate, yea for me half the fun is building as much of my own gear as I can, I love to tinker with things and this is the ideal hobby for that!  

Are you in the comp? I'll have to have a search..  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Openairbud said:

@Jack010 thanks mate, yea for me half the fun is building as much of my own gear as I can, I love to tinker with things and this is the ideal hobby for that!  

Are you in the comp? I'll have to have a search..  

In my old house I used a chest freezer as a starter , was next to the main freezer so no one noticed, I also had a solid wash basket and a few other things. 

Its adictive. House I’m in now has a massive attic so Iv got tents now tho.

Im doing a small grow for this comp. haven’t done a full indoor grow for a while now as I’m mainly outdoor these days. 

A freezer would be stealth, I was thinking about a fridge if the right one came along.. 

Hope you got a decent harvest this year, I seem to recall seeing some big plants of yours in the random pics thread in the guerrilla forum.

@Jack010

Edited by Openairbud
  • Like 3

Talking of tinkering, I had a spare hour yesterday, so stripped out most if the old guff..large.20181031_133534-1548x2064.jpg

And stuck the filter in..

large.20181031_141220-1548x2064.jpg

Towards the end of my last grow I was getting a faint whiff. Inspecting my filter I found a rivet not fitted correctly, and it was showing some light through. Any light means smelly air can escape, so I siliconed over all rivets just in case.

large.20181031_141230-1548x2064.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

@Smokebelch thanks bud. It's well in need of a spring clean! Nearly ready now, life's a little hectic, so I'm squeezing a bit of time when I can. I've built a frame on top of my cab to house my extract fan, copied the idea from @Captain Bonglington I think it was. Fan is suspended by bungee, with foam on the inside of frame to help kill sound. 

Hopefully pop some within a week or so. I want to do 2 runs, one to finish before end of Jan, then a second to run into the spring.

Hope your day has been a good one :bong:

• Like 6