Dinafem Gorliia - Sog Grow - Welcome to the White House.

tokenroll

Ok folks here we go I'm doing another grow with Dinafem's Gorilla strain.

I should have had a Dinafem for seeds diary on the go last year but other things took preference, and I feel it's time to put my guilty mind to rest.

I'm not even finished my current grow with them but I just love growing this beast of a strain. 

Photo below:  a Dinafem Gorilla sog plant in current grow.

large._5001823.jpg

So we will start here with a plan, but subject to change without notice.

I am currently in the process of taking some clones from the Gorilla mother plant that I started to grow when the strain first went on sale. This girl lives under the stairs with a 50 watt led cob for light and in a 8l fabric root pouch packet with roots and some coco. She gets starved then fed then roots chopped then put back in the pot, gets whacked with the strimmer and chainsaw etc you get the idea.

large.5bc5fe48487cf_gorillamother.jpg

Clones from the Mother, the clones sit in water with a touch of seaweed extract for a couple of days then move on to the rooting stage straight into tiny pots of canna coco professional, no gels, rooting powder etc. They then get set in a little container with a lid. The temps in the container normally sit at 25c and humidity at 100% for a few days, then I let some air in and give them a little spray of water if needed and leave an air vent open. Normally I have the nubs of roots in 7 days and day 8-10 they should have roots about 10-20mm long, at that stage I remove them from the propagator and usually just put them straight into their final 2l pots of coco to root out for a week or so or as longs as need be.

My plan is to have 8 good clones every 3 weeks being put into the flower cabinet. Rinse and repeat until I have one of the levels in the cab full. That should keep me from running out of smokes.

They will get flowered under Samsung Led Strips custom built for my cabinet by Diyleduk who was kind enough to let me test the units and see what results we could achieve with max 285 watts of power at the wall. Which I'm sure those who look at my diaries can see what can be done even when I near kill the plants in the process.

So here is a photo of clones sitting in a plastic cup that I posted before but feel they should be shown again in this thread.

large.5bd315dd3ea43_Dinafem-Gorilla-Clones-.jpg

I have about 3 weeks left in my current grow and then I will start feeding in the clones. I'm never in a rush so it is what it is. 

Dinafem - Gorilla sog girls 

large.Dinafem-Gorilla-Sog-Backlit-Duo.jpg

The diary will be update on a weekly basis and is most likely to be photo heavy rather than my ramblings, lets face it we all like pictures and the plants can do the talking. If you see me making any mistakes which I do a lot off or would just like to chime in, offer some tips / advice or follow along for the ride, please do, feedback is always appreciated.

Lighting will be Samsung Strips as mentioned above and will range from 200-285 watts until we add another couple a strips and a new driver then we can hit 350 watts max and see how it goes. Grow space roughly 4.8ft long X 2.5ft Depth and 100cm in height.

Lights currently being used and in testing, thanks Diyleduk

large._DSC6621.jpg

Photo below of the cabinet. Lower level will be for this grow.

large.5b925de9797bd_flowercab.jpg

Should be a simple grow using straight forward basic feeding

Medium will be: Canna Coco Professional

Nutrients: Canna Coco A/B

Additives: Canna PK13/14

Calmag only if needed, some days my tap water reads 0.3 EC -0.5 EC no idea why.

Well that's a wrap for tonight.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 21

I've got to say that the "whiteness" of these @diyleduk lights makes the photos look like professionally lit studio photos. or from some sci-fi film.  Interested to see what the gorilla can do, I'll be running her next.

• Like 5

Very smart set up and pro-presentation here mate! Nice work!

The lights look very cool... look forward to seeing how the upgrade looks and how they perform for you... Currently looking at a lighting upgrade to take advantage of the low temps - so something hotter than a 150HPS but acceptable for a small space!

Good luck with them beans!

:v:

• Like 3

@tokenroll Thanks for getting another Dinafem adventure up and running on UK420 and as said a beautiful looking grow room  :bong:

Keeping things basic with medium and nutrients and I'm seeing great reports about @diyleduk:bong:

This should be a fun one  :yep:

Good luck @tokenroll I'll keep dropping in as you update  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Very pleasing to the eye how clean you keep it lol 

Good luck with this run mate a couple more stripsand i reckon the light levels will be spot on.

• Like 5

@diyleduk yeah things should be great on this run, I am going to paint the under side of the top level nice and white, that will help a little also. I always try and keep it as clean as can be, the filters on the passive intakes get clogged very quick, they get cleaned weekly along with the trays. I reckon that's why I don't seem to get spider mites etc. Well now I will lol.

Thanks for popping in.

Toke...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

19/11/2018 Dinafem Gorilla Clones

Well it's time to start thinking about getting this diary rolling and to start it off, I have taken a few fresh clones about 3 inches long and popped them into seedling trays full of coco and perlite. The trays have been put into a gravel tray that is lined with a layer of damp perlite to help keep a high level of moisture and the prop lid put on. These will now get put in the corner out of direct light for 7 days and see how they are at that point. Hopefully I will have a good success rate using this method. I was bored so trying it a little different. If this fails so be it, mother gorilla has loads of fresh clones when required. 

So that's that for now and I will update this in 7 or 8 days with a little detail of how things are going or not going and some photos.

Take care all.

Toke...

36 X Dinafem Clones (first 6 clones on the front left or not gorillas)

large.5bf32e4a882e8_DinafemGorillaandOceanGrownDarkPlasmaClones.jpg

• Like 10

@tokenroll Nice to see the adventure getting underway mate :yep:

Have you cloned Gorilla or GG variants before? I've had really issues trying to root Gorilla clones. Looks like you have faired much better :)

Fingers crossed for fast rooting from the beast  :yep:

Thanks as always for the update brother :bong:

I'll pop back in on the next ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

@Dinafem-Mark The current ending grow are clones as well as in this diary. The only thing I can think of that helps with the cloning maybe the fact I feed the mother plant bloom nutrients for a couple a weeks before taking clones, then after that I trim the roots on the mother plant top up with fresh coco and put it back and feed bloom for a week then back to a light feeding of veg nutrients.  Once I see roots growing on the clones they get a really light feed of Bloom for a week then straight to veg nutes. Now I will say that the Gorilla clones really do not tolerate bright light until roots show, a little more fussy than most I find. 

Worth a try to see if it works for you as well. 

Toke...

• Like 3

@tokenroll Are they all clones from our Gorilla brother? 

We had a batch recently with a few other strains and it just would not root?

I do think we have stabilise our version. She's performing well indoors and outstandingly well outdoors :)

Thanks for the added info buddy. Just out of curiosity is gorilla slower to root than other strains?

All the best 

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark Yeah Dinafem's Gorilla, I ordered the seeds from Dinafem last year first week they went on sale. I grew them for the purpose of supplying me enough clones for sog grows.  

As for how quick they root for me anything from 8 - 15 days. Now my Dark Plasma strain is rooted within 10 days, so the gorilla isn't that slow.

Have harvested only 1 complete plant so far and it came in at 3.5 oz of dense hard nugs + about 1/2 oz or so of fluff. 5 more plants the same to be harvested now so seems to be a good yielder and a really nice smooth smoke.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
bloody mobiles.
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, tokenroll said:

@Dinafem-Mark Yeah Dinafem's Gorilla, I ordered the seeds from Dinafem last year first week they went on sale. I grew them for the purpose of supplying me enough clones for sog grows.  

As for how quick they root for me anything from 8 - 15 days. Now my Dark Plasma strain is rooted within 10 days, so the gorilla isn't that slow.

Have harvested only 1 complete plant so far and it came in at 3.5 oz of dense hard nugs + about 1/2 oz or so of fluff. 5 more plants the same to be harvested now so seems to be a good yielder and a really nice smooth smoke.

Toke...

Thanks for that added info mate. I'm thinking it was the cuts I got were not as stable as our Gorilla. Even after 21 day's in the xstream propogator no roots. Others put roots down in 7-11 day's. 

It was a strain gifted to me so I tried to root her but nope. If I do add gorilla into my garden I'll do her outdoors next season after seeing this year's results  :yep:

Thanks again for the added info mate  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Little update for those interested, every thing is on hold here for the past few weeks. I have all sorts of work being repaired by tradesmen in the house after the flash flooding at the end of summer, insurance finally got on the ball. I will be updating regular once these lads are finished the work.

Cheers Toke...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Little update for those interested, every thing is on hold here for the past few weeks. I have all sorts of work being repaired by tradesmen in the house after the flash flooding at the end of summer, insurance finally got on the ball. I will be updating regular once these lads are finished the work.

Cheers Toke...

I hope that all gets sorted out without too much drama as soon as poss, mate

• Like 1