Going Quickical

Rick Grimes

lady bugs will eat every mite in the room if you have access to any. maintain excellent ventilation the little bastards thrive when its too  hot and humid. your going to need a net or stakes these buds get heavy. the grow looks great brother.

sam

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, samhigh said:

lady bugs will eat every mite in the room if you have access to any. maintain excellent ventilation the little bastards thrive when its too  hot and humid. your going to need a net or stakes these buds get heavy. the grow looks great brother.

sam

I’ve been reading about the spider mite predators. If the harkers doesn’t work I think that’ll be the next option.

Good shout with the stakes too pal, I have some but almost certainly not enough. I’ll put them on the list for the next shopping trip and have a look at nets too.

Thanks for the advice pal!:haveadab:

• Like 3

On 24/10/2018 at 4:36 PM, Rick Grimes said:

Good shout with the stakes too pal, I have some but almost certainly not enough. I’ll put them on the list for the next shopping trip and have a look at nets too.

Definitely worth looking into mate as those buds stack on the weight it would be a real shame to lose branches :yep:

Predators are definitely the way forward but I've herd good things about Harkers  :yep:

Let us know how you get on mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@samhigh and @Dinafem-Mark

I’ve bought a pea net, stakes and zip ties from B&Q. It has 6inch squares, will this do the job? Also do I put it at current canopy level hoping they grow into it or below? Plants are currently 9 days since flip.

The temps are too low again in the morning, at as low as 16c for the first hour or two after light go out. The tube heaters obviously aren’t powerful enough since the temps have plumetted over the last few days so I’ve just been out and bought an 800w oil filled Radiator and ordered a thermostat plug. Lights run overnight 8-8 and temps are fine with lights on now I’ve put the Gavita 750w in.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

I’ve just been out and bought an 800w oil filled Radiator and ordered a thermostat plug.

That should do the trick mate :yep:

The cold temps have come and fast. What a strange year!

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Update. 12 days since flip

large.IMG_7161.JPGThe tents had a remodel. Here’s the new Gavita light and I’ve also fitted a new Rhino pro filter because the garage was starting to get a bit stinky on the last run

large.IMG_7162.JPGlarge.IMG_7163.JPG

I’ve put a new circulation fan in because the old tower fan was getting worn out. I’ve put an 800w oil filled radiator with a thermostat plug set to 21c to help with colder daytime temps. I’ve also fitted the pea net as advised, a bit more arranging is needed with that but it’ll have to wait for tomorrow. I’ll know next time to put it on when I flip.

As you can see we have fluffy tops and  everything’s looking healthy so far. The Criticals have stretched around 4 inches taller than the Green Poisons. I’d estimate they’ve about doubled in height so far

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 7

large.IMG_7165.JPG

This lot will be the next round. As you look at the picture the three in the small Seedling pots are 3 more Quick Critical, top left is a Moby Dick XXL Auto, top right is an HSO OG Kush Auto, the three bigger ones on the right are Dinachems. 

The Photoperiods will go in the flower tent when the current lot are done and will get their own diary then. The autos will stay at the back of the veg tent replacing 2 Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise that are being cut down at the end of the week.

• Like 6

They aint hanging around those quick criticals eh. 

looking good in there for 12 days.

the moby dick xxxl is a beast of a plant, ive grown out quite a few over the years and it never fails to do the business, but I take it you are gonne re-pot it into a bigger pot in the next week or so, or when the roots hit the side of the small pot?

ive heard of a lot of people finding problems with heat when using the gravitas, how are you finding them?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

They aint hanging around those quick criticals eh. 

looking good in there for 12 days.

the moby dick xxxl is a beast of a plant, ive grown out quite a few over the years and it never fails to do the business, but I take it you are gonne re-pot it into a bigger pot in the next week or so, or when the roots hit the side of the small pot?

ive heard of a lot of people finding problems with heat when using the gravitas, how are you finding them?

Cheers mate, it feels like quick critical and green poison FV’s are in a drag race to the finish line!:smokin:

Great to hear you rated the Moby xxl pal, I’ve done WWxxl and Haze xxl autos but not the Moby before. You are right about the pot up they’ll be going into 11litre square pots to finish when they root out a bit more.

The new Gavita is fine at the moment with the cooler weather outside but I think you might be right about possible temp issues in summer. That’s partly why I went for the 6/750w so I have the option to turn the power down if it becomes a big issue.

The extra distance it needs from the plants is something I’ll need to be careful with too. The recommendation seems to be 70cm from the plants at 750w so compared to the old 600w hps it’s effectively reduced the tent height by 8 inches or so.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 3

Nice work on rearranging the grow room and I'm sure the plants are going to love the extra lumens now available  :yep:

2 weeks into bloom and the Quick girls are really starting to go for it ;)

A new light, new filter and some "Quick" girls ready to explode. It's about to get crazy in here :yep:

I've got my seat front and central. I don't want to miss this flower show  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

large.IMG_7175.JPGlarge.IMG_7174.JPGlarge.IMG_7173.JPGlarge.IMG_7172.JPGlarge.IMG_7171.JPG

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, it’s very much appreciated!

Day 19 of 12/12. Everything’s looking green and healthy so far with some very nice buds forming. All the individual picture are the Quick Criticals.

The last two feeds were 1ml Vega and 2ml Flores with 0.5ml of calmag+. Min temps have been 20c. It’s looking like the stretch is over and they’ve just over doubled which is good because the lights is as high as it will go in the tent now.

I noticed the new oil radiator has a red light on the side whenever it’s turned on by the thermostat plug. I’ve covered it with foil tape now but it was uncovered for about 4 days. It was only small and for a short time so hoping it hasn’t upset anything.

I looked in the tent last night I pinched a few fan leaves off that were shading some smaller bud sites. Afterwards I smelled my finger and was hit by the proper old school, dank, skunky armpit stink with a touch of fruitiness familiar to those that have grown Critical before. This has got me excited. In the modern day of .....cookies, OG..... and Chem.....etc it’s nice to get back to the proper in your face skunky funk.:smokin:

• Like 6

By the look of things the stretch phase is over. Now you want to keep a close eye on the buds as they are going to get big and fast :yep:

Will you be getting any support in play my friend?. Critical gets ripe fast and those top flowers look to have great potential  :bong:

Now things are getting interesting ;)

Thanks for the update mate. I'll drop back in on the next :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

large.IMG_7191.JPGlarge.IMG_7190.JPGlarge.IMG_7189.JPGlarge.IMG_7188.JPGlarge.IMG_7187.JPGlarge.IMG_7186.JPG

25 days since flip. Around half way to the finish in theory.

Buds are forming well and starting to get frosty. I’m very happy with them so far.

• Like 4

On 12/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Will you be getting any support in play my friend?. Critical gets ripe fast and those top flowers look to have great potential  :bong:

Yes mate, the pea netting is already fitted as advised by you and Samhigh. I also have stakes, string and yo-yo’s on hand if needed pal.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 2