Going Quickical

Rick Grimes

large.IMG_7145.JPG

As promised to @Dinafem-Mark here’s my second Dinafem diary. Previous diary was PAK, Bubbas Gift and Purps#1 which went really well, this time it’s 3 Quick Criticals bought from Attitude seed bank.

Despite having grown Critical+2.0 I underestimated the vigour of these plants, they should have been flowered a week or two ago but the flower tent was full of DNA Holy Grail Kush and Kandy Kush. Even with LST they grew a bit tall so some bending of the taller branches was needed as can be seen in the photo.

The three plants at the front in the photo are the Quick Criticals and the three at the back are Sweet seeds Green Poison Fast version. They’re currently around 7 weeks old in 15litre pots and about to be flipped in the next day or two when they’ve recovered a bit more from the bending.

The last grow also showed a few signs of spider mites so I’ve hoovered and bleached both tents out and given all the plants a good drenching with harkers with two or three more treatments to come. It’s done the job in the past so let’s hope for the same this time.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 7

@Rick Grimes Good luck with the quickies dude.

Are you in the Sweet Seeds diary competition in their sub forum, it’s well worth entering dude.

Anyway I have a couple of Quick Criticals just starting out so I will be watching yours with much interest.

• Like 2

Another Quick Critical grow up and running on UK420  :yep:

Thanks for getting this up buddy and just in time for the fun flower stage:bong:

Will be very interesting to see how our Quick girl compares to Sweet seeds Fast version of Green Poison  ;)

20 hours ago, Rick Grimes said:

The last grow also showed a few signs of spider mites so I’ve hoovered and bleached both tents out and given all the plants a good drenching with harkers with two or three more treatments to come.

Hopefully the spider mites don't rear there ugly heads. 

The "Harkers" you mention. Is this the stuff designed to eliminate mites on pigeons? I've been recommended this to treat some new cuts that are clear of mite but a past issue.

How to you find it mate? The "Harkers"?

Let's see how our Quick critical fair in bloom ;)

Good luck buddy :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Smokebelch and @JAPEThanks for looking in. I don’t pretend to be the greatest grower in the world so any input is  welcomed and much appreciated.

I’ve seen the sweet seeds competition in their sub forum but all the pages of rules and the idea of competing through growing put me off a bit. Growing is my relaxing time and I like to add to the diary when I feel like it rather than feeling I have to for a competition. I hope that makes sense pal.

@Dinafem-Mark Critical+2.0 and Green poison are two of my favourite all rounder strains for ease of growth, great yields and a solid end product. I’ve grown both strains in standard and auto versions but neither in fast/quick versions so this is something a bit new.

The harkers is the pigeon parasite treatment stuff. I’ve used it before a couple of times over the years and it got rid of the mites both times so let’s hope for the same this time. 

The plants are in canna terra pro soil and nutrients are canna terra vega, and canna terra Flores along with PM cal mag+. Not the most fashionable nutrient range on the forum but they’ve always worked well for me. 

Plants started life under T5’s and cfl, then a 400w Dual spec HPS in the veg tent and now a 600w HPS but that may change because I have my eye on a Gavita 6/750 DE at the local hydro store if I can talk the owners into a discount.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 4

@Rick Grimes Thanks for the extra info buddy  :yep:

Can I ask. With the Harkers. How much do you use. I've been advised 1ml/L . Does this sound right to you my friend? 

You've got experience with both these strains in "standard" format. Let's see how the Quick/Fast variant do :bong:

This should be fun ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

How much do you use. I've been advised 1ml/L

This is right mate, spray once every three days for nine days, so three times in all.

• Like 2

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

@ratdog Thanks mate. So if I do a 1l spray bottle up this will be plenty for 9 cuts. Sprayed 3 times 3 days apart? 

All the best 

Mark..

If they are small I would only use 1/2 a ltr mate, yes three times, with three days in-between doses, you will also need to ad a surfactant, I use washing up liquid, just a few drops to break the surface tension and get it to stick to the leaves.

• Like 3

I’ve had the 3 Quick Criticals out this morning for a harkers treatment and some light defoliation so took a few pics for a diary update.

large.IMG_7155.JPGlarge.IMG_7154.JPGlarge.IMG_7153.JPGlarge.IMG_7152.JPG

I flipped them to 12/12 on Saturday so today is the 4th day. The growth rate is awesome!

temperatures were on the low side at as low as 16c so I’ve added two tube heaters to the room which have bumped the lows up to ~21c. I’ve also ordered a Gavita 750 DE which I should be picking up in the next few days for some extra light and to help with night time temps over the next few months.

They’ve had their first feed a few days ago at 1ml/L terra vega and 0.25ml/L of calmag. I’ve learnt to add small amounts of calmag from first feed after many grows of chasing deficiencies late into flower. 

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 5

@Rick GrimesLooking good dude, hopefully you have stopped the spider mites in their tracks. Good luck with the quick flowering phase.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

hopefully you have stopped the spider mites in their tracks.

I second that :yep:

Have herd really good things about "Harkers" so fingers crossed this has eliminated the "borg" :yep:

@Rick Grimes Plants look nice and healthy buddy. Dark vibrant green leaves, no signs of any deficiency or pest damage that i can see and now you've started bloom (12/12) let the fun begin  :bong:

Lets see what you can do with our Quick Critical ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Cheers lads. It’s a :furious::furious::furious::furious: to find them on your plants but I’ve had them twice in the past and a tent scrubbing, hoovering and a few harkers drenchings got rid of them before so fingers crossed for the same this time.

• Like 2