Best Haze in seed form for that incensy/frankincense smell/taste

Amanojaku

I've got one that should be finished anytime but it was abused and left in a 1.5 l pot all through flowering. I've got one that is com ing up to 3 weeks so should know more in about 8!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I've got one that should be finished anytime but it was abused and left in a 1.5 l pot all through flowering. I've got one that is com ing up to 3 weeks so should know more in about 8!

Nice.

Just out of interest mate, did you pick these seeds for the incense smell, or some other reason? 

16 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

Is that frankies incense haze related to the piff aka uptown haze ? Be interesting to know the father to chimeras cross if he used that cut. I've read a bit about the hype around that cut & sounds one to try. It was kept well guarded around the NYC area. 

I saw it called church as well, guessing it's got nothing to do with ghs- the church. 

The haze used in Chimeras crosses is not the piff, he said it himself on icmag.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Amanojaku said:

Nice.

Just out of interest mate, did you pick these seeds for the incense smell, or some other reason? 

Some other reason - A friend got them with some others from Chimera so he asked me try some for him. I think the slk x blockhead I'm trying are Chimera too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bill cooper said:

The haze used in Chimeras crosses is not the piff, he said it himself on icmag.

How did those crosses get so much attention then? Just because they had the churchy smoke coincidentally? I'm trying to understand why those crosses got so much attention in the first place i.e. what's the actual connection to the magic NYC uptown haze or whatnot. And I remember reading that piff was just a particular, rare pheno of SSH that shanti dished out? Dunno.

29 minutes ago, Amanojaku said:

How did those crosses get so much attention then? Just because they had the churchy smoke coincidentally? I'm trying to understand why those crosses got so much attention in the first place i.e. what's the actual connection to the magic NYC uptown haze or whatnot. And I remember reading that piff was just a particular, rare pheno of SSH that shanti dished out? Dunno.

A member on ICMAG started a thread saying the Frankies was the piff and smelled of frankincense, so that's how it got hyped up and the price went up with it, but I have not seen many others saying it and after a while Chimera posted to say it was not the Piff.

IMO your best chance of the church smell from Chimeras gear is the Sweet Skunk x Frankies fems if you can still get them, i have seen a few people saying they got the church smell from them but imo its comes from the Sweet Skunk side as I had a lemon floss plant that had the church incense smell and that's Sweet Skunk x mental floss .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bill cooper said:

A member on ICMAG started a thread saying the Frankies was the piff and smelled of frankincense, so that's how it got hyped up and the price went up with it, but I have not seen many others saying it and after a while Chimera posted to say it was not the Piff.

IMO your best chance of the church smell from Chimeras gear is the Sweet Skunk x Frankies fems if you can still get them, i have seen a few people saying they got the church smell from them but imo its comes from the Sweet Skunk side as I had a lemon floss plant that had the church incense smell and that's Sweet Skunk x mental floss .

Yep got a few of the sweet skunk crosses on the website now,. also the Haze is Tom Hills Haze I think chimera has said,..

• Like 1

Amnesia IBL from USC was for me a very uniform pack of regular seed .Plants were quick enough to flower ,and I stretched the pack ,keeping two cuts for two years or so . It wasn't the smelliest haze but fairly hazy and pungent ,and a tough plant .As far as I remember it was more receptive to feed than most Sativa's ,didn't burn, but no matter the grower can gauge the green .

• Like 2

I am pretty sure the 'incense' is not a lone terpene, but rather a combination of terpenes in a magic kind of ratio. I always thought of it as a granny's perfume kind of smell rather than incense, but non smokers have smelt it and variously described it as a citrus smell although I don't get that at all. I suspect it's probably a mixture of myrcene and limonene which are in most.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The lone stoner said:

I am pretty sure the 'incense' is not a lone terpene, but rather a combination of terpenes in a magic kind of ratio. I always thought of it as a granny's perfume kind of smell rather than incense, but non smokers have smelt it and variously described it as a citrus smell although I don't get that at all. I suspect it's probably a mixture of myrcene and limonene which are in most.

Definitely a magic cocktail of terps, but I'd say it's probably more terps than just mycerene (or however the frig it's spelt!) and limonene, otherwise that churchy scent would be fairly common, as, like you said, those two are very common terpenes, and often found together. Maybe those two and a variety of the pinene terpenes. I've often found super piney strains like chemdawg or sour diesal nearly get that churchy smell, and they are loaded with pinene. Also eucalyptal could be part of the incense cocktail. Who knows, there are so many terpenes. Someone will figure this shit out one day in a lab! Look forward to it. Terpenes really do effect the high....

• Like 1

My Mum used to burn sage occasionally when she was going through her deep spiritual phase, and that smell always reminds me of the churchy/incense haze smell. Nerding out now, but a little digging about the terpenes in common sage species, found the table below. A crazy cocktail of some terps we're familiar with, and some I've personally never heard of. Maybe incensy Hazes just has a more complex terpene profile than your average weed plant, and that cocktail makes for the rare smell. Maybe. Sage terpenes:

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is JTCM-4-82-g006.jpg

• Like 1

From the wiki on actual frankincense:

"The chemistry of the essential oil is mainly monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, such as alpha-pinene, Limonene, alpha-Thujene, and beta-Pinene with small amounts of diterpenoid components..." 

Edited by Amanojaku
  • Like 2

had a few over the years  my guess is it comes from thai/mex genetics mixing somehow ,,last plant to have a strong incence smell i had was jonny blaze x azure haze  which is  bb x nevilles haze x bb x ssh 

• Like 1

This combination has been a favourite of mine for a long time, and you'll find several posts of mine referring to it over the years.

I've made crosses with every 'perfumey/incense' plant I've ever come across, one day I'll grow them all out, choose some parents and try to lock that terpene profile down.

• Like 3