Best Haze in seed form for that incensy/frankincense smell/taste

Amanojaku

16 hours ago, Lean Bear said:

Love a sat. Still to grow old timers haze but is planned when the stars align. Ace seeds have some excellent haze / sativa strains. Sounds like golden tiger could be up your street.... They also produce very stable fen lines from experience.

Nice one cheers man, I'll look into those. Are old timer's haze seeds available online or is it clone only/those in the know sort of deal? 

23 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

I was going to recommend connoseur genetics too, he does a lot of cool stuff with hazes and I'd love to have another crack at the SSSDH I didnt have a good crack the first time round. On his instagram he's mentioned he's working with "the church" and other stuff that has the incense, old church, sagey sort of smell. My kind of thing tbh! 

All these recommendations are exactly what I'm after, so I can dig a bit and see what' gonna give me the best chance of finding that special haze flavour and smell. Fucking love it! When you walk back in the room that you smoked some in 5 mins earlier and its like the priest has been by with his frankincense. Weird, because I used to be a catholic and I hated the shit out of going to Church on sunday haha

Edited by Amanojaku
  • Like 2

I've grown several naturally purple strains over the past few years (not cold temp purpling) and they all shared a perfumey/incense flavour and smell.

Every GDP/estes variety I grew had the flavour and smell, and a test strain I was sent by Soma which was meant to be sogouda x ogkush has it in spades it smells like joss sticks in the air when I return to the room after dabbing rosin made with it. I am pretty sure that the terpene profile you are after is quite predominate in the GDP crosses, and it may be something to do with anthocynin.

E2A: FWIW several test growers for Chim reported a lack of church/incense in the frankies and crosses. It was supposed to be a 'new york haze/piff' in seed form...

Edited by The lone stoner
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Amanojaku said:

I play and make underground trippy techno stuff mate

sounds bang up my street brother. i do admit i have mellowed as @ratdog said "old man " cos i like jazz  turns oot he likes jazz too.

but getting back to the techno ,getting back to the techno, getting back to the techno .

sorry ............................yeah i used to go to a party by a crew called "teeth out" from the kent area. great times not techno as such.

but some was played. i rediscovered techno in 2008 after a long break. i love discovering new music and styles genres ect ect .

i recently learnt to mix not proper like on deck or cdj`s on a dj console thingy i only did it cos i wanted to see if i could.

decks too much cash and ting , i know you can get them trackor things but to be honest i cant be arsed.

much love bro and i hope you find you haze that suits . smile is a great sat buzz with enough body if left longer in flower.

she`s a bit kinda than oldtimes .

Edited by catfish
  • Like 1

Is that frankies incense haze related to the piff aka uptown haze ? Be interesting to know the father to chimeras cross if he used that cut. I've read a bit about the hype around that cut & sounds one to try. It was kept well guarded around the NYC area. 

I saw it called church as well, guessing it's got nothing to do with ghs- the church. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Welsh Tom said:

Is that frankies incense haze related to the piff aka uptown haze ? Be interesting to know the father to chimeras cross if he used that cut. I've read a bit about the hype around that cut & sounds one to try. It was kept well guarded around the NYC area. 

I saw it called church as well, guessing it's got nothing to do with ghs- the church. 

yes it was meant to be a piff/uptown/new york haze cross. I seem to recall the cross was with jacques, chimeras worked jack herer. there are threads aplenty on another forum.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, panik said:

Check out our Chimera stock mate we have some Haze I think has originated from Tom hill stock , ..Frankies Incence Haze, ...Haze x BlockHead, ...Haze x Chem D, ...Incence Haze x BlockHead ,... Incence Haze x Jack, … cannacopia seedsman Haze x C99, lots SamSkunkman Haze's and plenty of other hazes on the site .. :yep: 

HAZE'S In Stock

was going to suggest that I saw that Incense Haze from Chimera, looks nice that

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The lone stoner said:

I've grown several naturally purple strains over the past few years (not cold temp purpling) and they all shared a perfumey/incense flavour and smell.

Every GDP/estes variety I grew had the flavour and smell, and a test strain I was sent by Soma which was meant to be sogouda x ogkush has it in spades it smells like joss sticks in the air when I return to the room after dabbing rosin made with it. I am pretty sure that the terpene profile you are after is quite predominate in the GDP crosses, and it may be something to do with anthocynin.

E2A: FWIW several test growers for Chim reported a lack of church/incense in the frankies and crosses. It was supposed to be a 'new york haze/piff' in seed form...

Interesting. It's definitely a rare terpene profile that gives the frankincensey smell......maybe one day people will figure that out and dial it in better so we're not always just crossing our fingers hoping for the best when growing/breeding. I mean, I guess you could look at what terpenes are in frankincense itself...

I read about 'piff' - which seems to be a misused term now, as I see Insta dealers using it occasionally and I highly doubt they have THE piff. Which is uptown/nyc haze if I'm correct? Some pheno of SSH that was super incensey? I remember going down a rabbit hole on another forum about it. If that's true about the chimera stuff not having the right terpene profiles that seems unfortunate, especially as they seem to have aimed for that specifically.

Anyone else got any experience growing the chimera stuff? Thought it might be a little too good to be true, but who knows....maybe the right phenos are rare. 

18 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

Some ot1 haze at 16 weeks.large.15578new_129.jpg

Looks nice mate! I need to get in the pms on here and find some fellow south coasters with decent haze clones :g:

17 hours ago, catfish said:

sounds bang up my street brother. i do admit i have mellowed as @ratdog said "old man " cos i like jazz  turns oot he likes jazz too.

but getting back to the techno ,getting back to the techno, getting back to the techno .

sorry ............................yeah i used to go to a party by a crew called "teeth out" from the kent area. great times not techno as such.

but some was played. i rediscovered techno in 2008 after a long break. i love discovering new music and styles genres ect ect .

i recently learnt to mix not proper like on deck or cdj`s on a dj console thingy i only did it cos i wanted to see if i could.

decks too much cash and ting , i know you can get them trackor things but to be honest i cant be arsed.

much love bro and i hope you find you haze that suits . smile is a great sat buzz with enough body if left longer in flower.

she`s a bit kinda than oldtimes .

Good stuff mate :yep:  It's good to express the ol creativity, one way or another. I djed with a laptop for a few years when it was a cool new thing, but went back to vinyl eventually, then cdjs with a memory stick. Feels like cheating! Cos it is a bit haha. Have fun with the djing mate, it's a fun challenge to learn it :rockon:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, monkeypig said:

I'm running one of those at the moment in my Intense diary.

Will be interested to hear a smoke report mate, will keep an eye on your diary :yep: