Jibbas in the mist

Jibba jabba

Afternoon Uk420 

Firstly just to quickly say thanks for all the positivity and kind words.

So as I said last time a pot up was due so now they are in 3.5 ltrs of coco, They both had a sprinkle of granules to, 

large.E9B95481-2D5F-4904-864A-BF94EF887039.jpeglarge.7885FBA1-A0BD-48B4-A851-A49CC177DD92.jpeglarge.6C891C96-B093-44B0-8F8A-2B997609C7FB.jpeglarge.3F966175-C004-407F-8FE9-E2A78ED893F6.jpeg

They seam to want to grow vertically, so I think I have put a stop on that once and for all, plenty of side growth on both, I am debating potting them up again into 6s but feel it will be pointless waste of time, as I have yielded every similar in both, I think I will stick with the 3.5s unless anybody wants to convince me otherwise.

Currently feeding An grow, @ 1ml per ltr.

haven't got a clue what the temps are doing until my new temp thing turns up, I managed to break both of my others all at once, heatings is on and thermostat is set so it should be ok.

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

They seam to want to grow vertically, so I think I have put a stop on that once and for all

Nice looking plant JJ.

What’s the plan pal? Topping or bending?

From what you got out of that Quick Critical in a 3.5 litre it’s hard to argue if you decide to keep this one in the same mate.:hippy:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rick Grimes said:

Topping or bending?

A bit of both mate,

Just seeing how it goes, winging it, as usual, 

Cheers,Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

A bit of both mate,

Just seeing how it goes, winging it, as usual, 

Cheers,Jj:yinyang:

Sometimes this is the best approach  :yep:

Nice job on the potting up buddy. The girls are most definitely going to appreciate that extra medium to spread those roots out  ;)

Everything looks good from this end buddy  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

verything looks good from this end buddy

Cheers mark :hippy:

Checked out the max wattage last nite, 353 is the max, for the driver,so as they(I believe) the nicha leds run at 40% capacity  so should be fairly efficient, I was looking at some ppfd measurements a week or so ago and they were tested on full power, so there we are. 

Take it easy :yinyang:Jj 

• Like 4

On 06/11/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jibba jabba said:

Cheers mark :hippy:

Checked out the max wattage last nite, 353 is the max, for the driver,so as they(I believe) the nicha leds run at 40% capacity  so should be fairly efficient, I was looking at some ppfd measurements a week or so ago and they were tested on full power, so there we are. 

Take it easy :yinyang:Jj 

So would that be about 140w of actual power mate if working at 40%?

Forgive my nievety but LED is new to me  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

So would that be about 140w of actual power mate if working at 40%

No mate, 353 watts is running them at 40% of their capacity, they could run a lot more watts if I added some cooling, but that should do nicely.

The way I understand it it with the samsung lm561c’s you run them lower power to increase the efficiency, so basically the nicha chips can run a fair bit harder, up to 260watt a board so I have been informed, so running them at 175 watts each is just over half of their full power, but because they are powerful you have to have good clearance, that’s my understanding of it anyway.

Takr it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

On 08/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, Jibba jabba said:

No mate, 353 watts is running them at 40% of their capacity, they could run a lot more watts if I added some cooling, but that should do nicely.

The way I understand it it with the samsung lm561c’s you run them lower power to increase the efficiency, so basically the nicha chips can run a fair bit harder, up to 260watt a board so I have been informed, so running them at 175 watts each is just over half of their full power, but because they are powerful you have to have good clearance, that’s my understanding of it anyway.

Takr it easy.Jj:yinyang:

Thanks for clearing that up brother. LED is new to me so I'm leaving as we go but learning fast :yep:

I do still think hps will outdo an LED but this is fastly changing. The LED lights coming out now are as good as the trusted hps. Less power used and more productive :yep:

Very interesting times  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I do still think hps will outdo an LED but this is fastly changing

Hi Mark,

I looked into LEDs several years ago and decided they weren't quite there yet but imo they're at the stage now where the pros out-weigh the cons.

I've invested in a set from dialaduck and atm they are out-performing hps at 22 days flowering.

I was running a 150hps (not sure what the draw is at the wall) now with the led it's 100w (that's dimmed) but also covers the whole area, the hps didn't.

I think quality will be improved massively, possible small loss on yield but we'll have to wait and see.........exciting times bud......:yep:

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Hi Mark,

I looked into LEDs several years ago and decided they weren't quite there yet but imo they're at the stage now where the pros out-weigh the cons.

I've invested in a set from dialaduck and atm they are out-performing hps at 22 days flowering.

I was running a 150hps (not sure what the draw is at the wall) now with the led it's 100w (that's dimmed) but also covers the whole area, the hps didn't.

I think quality will be improved massively, possible small loss on yield but we'll have to wait and see.........exciting times bud......:yep:

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

I totally agree mate. 2-3 years ago we were not there with the LED tech but now we are :bong:

I've seen a massive switch from traditional hid lighting making the move to LED and on a huge scale. If they were not out performing the traditional light I can firmly say the big growers Would not swap. They are all moving to LED due to 2 reasons

Less electric 

Less heat generated 

That's 2 big reason to make the switch + a 5 years life span and no bulb swapping  ;)

Another few years and I see it all being LED  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I think quality will be improved massively

I think you will be very pleased with your new light Stu, would love to see your girl under it, it will be very interesting to see how it compares to your previous set up.

No worries  @Dinafem-Mark I am not really one to get involved in the old hps/ led battle, but as you say times are changing,

and what a bright future it is looking to be.

Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

I think you will be very pleased with your new light

Cheers bud, it's certainly doing the business, considering it's only a few years ago the very mention of led would get you tarred and feathered on here.......:rofl::rofl:

I'm not tech savvy enough (and too bloody old) to do pics and stuff so a description will have to do.........:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 4