I've personally found that thinking that im not good enough, not trying hard enough, not thinking enough, not clever enough has ended up in the opposite of it because it makes me try even harder than i probably would if i thought i was any of those things. Eventually you come to realisations that you've actually been pushing and trying way harder than alot of people. But i guess in the background of my mind, i know i can get to whatever it is but i suppose it creeps up on me rather than seeing the finish line from a distance.

Also with new ideas, ive found it important to have my own thoughts about it first before being informed of the way other people think or presume about it, so then i can compare my thoughts to theirs and see the difference. I notice what i dont know and instead of looking at whatever it is and going "eh?" or "i dont know" i go "OHHHH, my brain is telling me that there is something new there, that i havent seen" then i try to fathom it out. I try to distance myself from myself too and concentrate on the ideas and the stuff rather than me.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first speaker is Eddie Tomas, he has a no nonense approach, less of the metaphysical/spiritual aspects.

More about the grind and grit. But he's an inspiring speaker no doubt, hopefully some folk agree.. enjoy

because I never see a doctor for any of my physical and mental problems I have no true diagnoses, I have total confidence in myself and my bodies ability to heal me, I think my immune system is totally intact, I have no interest in financial success if I have money I give it away i'm ok with lifes basic needs, I don't grieve for anyone I am always optimistic about people health and don't worry when people around me are ill, I cant love or hate. I try keep away from people because of my different way of thinking and the way I feel about lifes problems, I accually like being me.

On 10/25/2018 at 0:09 AM, wu-tang-sam said:

I'm not sure how having my head staved in and losing everything in a heartbeat fits into "I am, law of attraction" philosophy lol. Without drifting into a discussion about fate, life paths and possibly karma.

Suffice to say, this is where the harmful/ counter productive element of it came in. 

Instead of focusing on learning to recognise faces again, dealing with the rage and emotional lability, building myself up physically so I didn't need to sleep 20 hours a day and coping with the vertigo; I was obsessing over what I'd said/thought to create this (outside of the physical world I mean), and what I was doing wrong to not be healing.

It was all very harmful in that sense during that period. Put my attention in completely the wrong place and probably set me back a few years in recovery.

This really reminded me of a documentary I watched a few months back, it`s a beautiful story of recovering from a severe assault by building a town and taking realistic pictures of the characters in the guys stories trying to remember.

• 2 weeks later...