A very interesting spin which pretty much alingns with my own longtime thoughts on the matter.

The placebo effect itself is an incredibly interesting subject and topic worthy in its own right really.

Enjoy

• Like 3

That first speaker was Tony Robbins mate some  of his early stuff was good and easy to understand and follow

eta seeing Stallone on the intro reminded me of this    shaggy dog story

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 1

Great story @Jimboo

:)

Tony Robbins has grown on me.  At first I didn't like the enthusiasm, I think it's an American/British thing though. 

They all seem constantly enthusiastic compared to us over here lol

But the guy speaks alot of sense and I like how he never brings god/religion into stuff. 

Tom bilyeo who I slated earlier in the thread has grown on me too I have to admit..

All in all I think adopting a more positive mindset has more going for it than I previously gave credit.  

I'm learning so much every day it's hard to implement everything consistently but I'm working on a few keys areas and concentrating my efforts there for now.

The great thing is you got nothing to lose my simply choosing to be happier everyday. And it really is a choice.  Sussing that^ for me has been half the battle I think.

That and not relying on other people or outside influence for my own sense of contentment/achievement/pleasure.  Or blaming other people and outside influences for my own failures.  Basic self awareness really but something I've neglected my whole life really.

Taking complete and total responsibility for yourself, your actions and your place in the world is daunting and we subconsciously avoid it like the plague.

But it's also one of the most liberating and empowering things to have happened to me so far this life time.

It's almost like being "in control" for want of a better term.

I like it.

• Like 4

I let life happen to me rather than direct it and its getting old.  I got a plan but its just breaking out of the cycle and trying not to doubt myself so much I know I'm more than capable at achieving stuff I just get lazy, there comes a time tho that the fear of not doing something out ways the fear of just doing it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Great story @Jimboo

:)

Tony Robbins has grown on me.  At firstit's I didn't like the I think it's an American/British thing though. 

They all seem constantly enthusiastic compared to us over here lol

I think the enthusiasm Has built up with him during the years,I think it's like a showman/singer/whatever working an audience, The stuff I started with was over 25 years ago on cassette before the internet.He was more straight talking imho I followed him for a few years until he got a bit Jesusy 

• Like 1

@Evelyn Pickaxe

Yes pix! :)

I dunno what your plan is man but whatever it is go for it!

We spend our whole lives waiting "for the right moment" or "inspiration" or "motivation" or some other bullshit excuse not to get started.

Just start.

Smash it or not, what have you really got to lose? Really?

I'm gonna go mad the next year or two I couldn't give a fuck if I go bankrupt umpteen times in the next tens years!

I got nothing now so if I lose everything whats the big deal??

Go big or go home innit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

you live anywhere near bristol ?

Otherside of the bridge mucka, can't believe you forgotten after all the stick hip given me in chat for it over the years  lol

• Like 1

420 night out!!! Whoop whoop!!!

Practice your best heckles boyos!!

lol

But seriously though,

Pix man that's awesome!  If I can get there I will, but whether I do or not doesn't matter.

Just get up there grab the mic and do your thing bro.

This country is crying out for some new comedy talent. No disrespect to the many good comedians out there but there's way to much generic shit and don't get me started on the likes of mckyntyre or however u spell it....

Buzzing for you man. Properly.

Gonna be a wicked night for sure

• Like 1

I think, therefore I am? Total rubbish.

Common sense tells us: 

DO, therefore I am.

I really get a kick out of the types who are all for "power of positive thinking" but blame organized religion for everything. Prayers aren't answered if you don't believe they will be, is the source for their cliche

:rofl:

we had matey in the pub the other day that was spreading a buy local message and drink green. Handed out flyers to everyone, left some on the bar then ordered a beer from Belgium ignoring the Kennet and Avon brewery stuff thats brewed a few mile up the road, which we of course reminded him of and he looked like a right lemon. There are an awful lot of woo woo yogurt weavers about. If you talk the talk you gotta walk the walk innit.

• Like 1