Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy LED grow.

assault and battery

I would give them a couple more weeks tbh, I wouldn`t worry about height, but if you are you can still train them.

Looking nice and happy there though :)

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

I agree @ratdog - I’m just so bloody impatient... it’ll be worth it in the end though I’m sure. 

Fucking ridiculous sized pots. Never again. :) 

• Like 3

Looking cracking. Good move on the feed. These will go off when you flip. 17l definitely big pots! I use fabric pots too and feel your pain. They are a pia if you let them dry out. But I think they are worth it. If mine dry out too much I'll Bottom water them, then top water 1/2hr later .  Looking forward to the stretch !

• Like 2

15 hours ago, assault and battery said:

Fucking ridiculous sized pots.

Not if they perform with a great yield mate, it`s all good, I like to veg for as long as possible these days :)

• Like 3

...day 62 of veg, 

ive stopped training them and let them get on with it for the last week or so, they’re a bit bushy but they’ve suddenly started wanted watering more frequently so that’s enough for me, im turning to 12/12

there were 6 but now there’s 5, one just didn’t seem to get over the earlier thrip invasion and seemed sickly compared to the others, I decided to take her out rather than have one limping on but the other girls seem happier too now they’ve got a bit of space. 

Here they are. The centre one is the smallest one and probably hasn’t quite caught up but she’s still happy so that’ll do. - I just can’t wait any longer, I’ve no patience and I’m amazed I lasted this long :) 

large.98A35C6E-F931-4FB0-BD4A-0FB93F7D02D0.jpeg

Temps sat between 20 - 26 c, feed has been approx 4 litres each every two days. 2ml fish mix, .25ml roots excel, still no calmag (yay) - edit :4 litres doesn’t seem much to me but fabric pots are a pain. I might rethink my watering strategy/technique 

I’ve turned my lights up to their fullest (somewhere from 200-250 w each) and darkness will start tomorrow now at 7pm. (I’m going for lights on in daytime to benefit from the solar power we get) 

flowers soon - but cant wait for the stretch to begin, then end.

Edited by assault and battery
Confusing
  • Like 4

What a jungle! you are doing a very fine job with your ladies ;)

Sweet smokes and good luck! 
jaypp

• Like 2

Day 5 of Flower:

Thrips have returned with a vengeance, so today I took out most of the underneath leaf/weak branches, defoliated a lot more than I wanted to but I really need to open them up to get a dose of pyrethrum 5ec on them tonight before lights out. 

Theyll be sprayed until dripping and then have a root drench. They’re looking a bit sorry I think but they’re all responding to the light change and I’m hoping I haven’t pissed them off too much. 

Here they are, there’s a few critical Kush in there as gap fillers too. 

large.A195531C-91CB-4405-A0AE-30B9541E8623.jpeg

Theyre all sat in their washing up bowls - which helps with watering and I’ve noticed that there’s lots of thick white roots piercing the bottom of the bag so I’m confident they’ve rooted out plentifully. 

Fingers crossed the thrips dissapear but i think I’m going to be fighting these to the end... 

temps between 19-26 c 

feed still at 2ml/l fish mix .25ml/l roots excel. 

• Like 3

That sounds good. I wanted to get harkers Mectin stuff but ordered online and it’s taking forever to arrive so went and found the pyrethrum today out of desperation. 

Bloody hate it, it’s like having the botanical clap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, assault and battery said:

Fingers crossed the thrips dissapear but i think I’m going to be fighting these to the end...

You need to nail them asap mate, they will ruin your hard work, they do as much damage as mites imo, you still have time and they are not flowering up yet so I would nuke them as far as you are comfortable with

• Like 2

I’m open to suggestions. @ratdog should I use the harkers when it arrives? Or just do the pyrethrum again in a few days? 

Or both? 

• Like 1

Day 8 of flower

I’ve given the ladies a thorough soaking with pyrethrum 5ec, at 4ml/l to eradicate the thrips 

i did it an hour before lights out and each plant was moved to the non-lit end of the tent while I worked on it and left there until lights back on the morning. 

Acouple of the girls really didn’t fare well but aside from their battle scars they’re powering on and I’m confident they’ll pull through. 

I need to treat them again really but I’m worried how they’ll cope, i want to add some nematodes to try and conquer the problem but I think they might die due to the pyrethrum... 

Any experience using them anyone? 

Crispy but hanging in there

large.B1A56BCA-4CA8-4B9A-B026-75B3500D4436.jpeg

Group shot 

large.B1C0641C-A20B-4C24-B55E-ECE427F84537.jpeg

The girls are too bunched up and competing for space. 

More quantum’s to be added by end of next week, allowing the ladies extra room. 

Edited by assault and battery
Date
  • Like 4

How many quantum boards are you going to be running m8? & whats the watts? did i hear you say each ones equivalent to 500w of HID?

will be great to compare if your running same wattage :yinyang:

• Like 2

the two in there at the moment are both 250w draw. Which together is meant to be comparable to 1000w single ended gavita - (the web site claims not me... ) but the foot prints only 1.2m so I’m buying another unit from the site sponsors diy led that will be over 500w to fill the other end and space the ladies out a bit. 

Ive gone a bit all out on this with the boards but fuck it - why not? 

I hope I do them justice.

• Like 3