Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy LED grow.

assault and battery

37 days old, seem to love the new light, temperatures are holding beautifully at 26.2 - 28.8 the lamp runs pretty cool to the touch. It’s a joy.

large.A00336C0-2E57-4BB0-B540-2888DC94A9F5.jpeglarge.FD11D4DD-E486-4A5D-8CB1-0E95647BAAB4.jpeg

still not watered or fed since potting up, the top half of the pots are pretty dry but resisting giving them any more until they’re on the verge of desperate then I’ll hit them with more root stim. 

The biggest girls will be topped again soon to keep them in line with the rest. 

I might pop the old LED back in with it soon but should be putting in another quantum lamp when it’s time to flower. 

So far, so good. 

Edited by assault and battery
  • Like 9

Wow, they`ve come on a lot since pot up, looking good mate. I would perhaps be looking to train 4-6 main branches then trim off everything else as it grows and it should be ok space wise

• Like 1

@ratdog

thank you, I’ve got loads more space. The tents 2.4m wide, what I don’t have is loads of money to buy the 4 extra lamps it’d need to fill it.. so I will try to keep them confined, do you think I should just tie down the biggest girls now rather top them again? 

• Like 1

I reckon tying them would be good, I grew a killer skunk by training the branches right around the outside of the pot like mini hedge laying once and reaped 5 3/4 ounces in a very small foot print, also did it to a SAD with very similar results.

• Like 2

That’s brilliant - I’ll give it a go. I’d be happy with 2oz per plant, but more is always welcome. I’m secretly hoping for 3 oz but new light, diff nutes, ....any thing could happen lol 

• Like 1

Looking good. I've grown this out a couple of times, different seeds and all 4 plants have stretched like a good un. Easily 3 times, big long colas. I'd recommend only flowering 4-6 mains and getting rid of the fluff low down less you got lots of light. Nice weed, smells amazing. Really sweet smell at first, but i've got some a year old now and its gone quite cheesy. Good mood, but can make me a dumb ass / confuse my addled mind when i chong too much . I reckon i got  2.75 to 3oz  per plant after about a 3 1/2 - 4 week veg from popping so decent yielders too.

• Like 2

Cut up and tied up. 

4 main shoots. Tied down.

large.1BD56B8C-BDC7-446D-B749-D6270F9ECA1D.jpeg

while moving the pots about I noticed a few small white roots protruding down low and underneath - another week and maybe I can flip? 

• Like 7

@assault and battery Looks like there going to turn in to some right bushes.

Maybe give them another couple weeks, i would wait until some of those shoots start to fill up in the middle before you flip them

Whats the score with that quantum board that youve got? Ive heard about them but never looked too in depth to them, love the daylight spectrum though, very much prefer it to the blurple led that youve got.

How much did you get it for and how much power does it use / put out?

• Like 2

Hi @blazeee

i have to confess to not understanding all the techy hoo ha so this is what I’ve ripped off the site that I bought my light from..

The ISH250w Kit is our flagship light, a superior product to both the Chinese and US kits. Designed and assembled in the UK, we use our own ISH288 boards which have added balancing resistors to give a more even spread of light and these also give the leds a longer lifespan, the ISH250w kit will outperform a 500W HID lighting system in both yields and quality.

2 mkits are equal to a 1000w single ended Gavita. 

Lamp efficacy with s6 flux bin 2.59 umol/J, 179Lm/w

Board level efficacy with s6 flux 2.72 umol/J

Currently Available in 3000k

So that’s what it claims. The company is invisible sun, based in uk, the kit costs 225 or 245 made up for you (I chose that option) if the claims are true then I’m happy to use it. I’m torn wether to buy another one or use keys guide he put up to build a diff diy one. They come in around the same price. 

Sorry I’m not much help. All the gear but still no idea. :) 

• Like 1

@assault and battery Thanks for the link mate, just checked them out, i also saw the link to keys thread after posting here earlier.

Was just curious as a buddy of mine has had to move his tent up to the loft and is struggling with the temps up there, so i was thinking LED's would be perfect for him. I will have to show him the link or keys guide when i next see him.

I dont have a clue when it comes to LED's either, my only experience has been with a couple of those cheap chinese led's from ebay that briefly got used for vegging with, only downside about them was the fan used to cool them was louder than the extraction on the tent lol 

• Like 2

@blazeee

Totally agree about the fans, mines got loads, and it gave off a lot of heat, these new leds seem to be finally living up to the hype they’ve been lying about for years ... at least I hope they have, 

If it works well then it’s a game changer for summer and loft growing. The heat sink on this unit never gets any more than Luke warm. The only thing I don’t like is it really looks like a diy job. I’m amazed every time I accidentally touch it I’m not electrocuted but I’m assured it’s all good lol 

• Like 5

Let’s speed things up.. 

2 lights

large.812DF9AD-8819-477D-96E1-C0B826A3F3AF.jpeg

i need to get in there and position the girls better - everyone’s had a feed of 2ml/l fish mix, .25ml/lroots excelurator, no cal/mag which is a first. I’d read about LED and cal/mag deficiency and experienced it constantly with the blurple. 

I did have thrips but their dead and so we carry on. One more week of veg and then fingers crossed - I can flip.

• Like 6

49 days old...

The lights are now at the recommended 18" above the canopy. (they looked level in real life)

Another feed at 2.5ml/ Fishmix, 

These fabric posts are a pain in the arse, I read that they were but bought them anyway...they dry out pretty quickly and make a bloody mess. Other wise, all good. 

More tying down/adjusting today. a couple of the leggier girls looked a bit hungry so I upped the food for everyone...

I have been doing a little defoliation every few days to open up more sites but they're growing back at quite a rate. just before flowering Ill strip out anything too lanky.

Cant wait to get flowering...feels like an eternity.

large.B565EBA5-91E4-4A4C-85DD-EDAF8412D600.jpeglarge.71FA922F-4729-419F-A730-AEBA4F518BBE.jpeg

@unity

As requested, tag along with me.. :) I think it'll be a while before the flower show starts though....

• Like 6

large.73BC3F68-CDF3-4C97-85EC-975D13251A5C.jpeg

filling out a bit now. 

What do you think @ratdog more veg or flip soon? I’ve been supercropping - with some success but I did snap a couple clean in half but otherwise all good. 

I just need them ready by Xmas at the latest... 

• Like 8