Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy LED grow.

assault and battery

I thought I’d do these ladies as a stand alone diary in the Sweet Seeds forum. 

I won these seeds months ago in the photographic competition (under my previous name - I think most people have worked out it’s me) 

I’ve got two more strains by SweetSeeds in the garden, both autos - trainwrecks and XL green poison, so to say I’m a big fan of Sweet Seeds would be telling no lies. I’m not sure what magic is sprinkled into their seeds before they post them out but I’ve never had a bad grow from them yet. 

Ok, the set up-

Tent is a secret jardin Lodge 120 

(120cmX90X145) the lamp is my old old LED (Apollo 12, drawing 420w +/-5% actual watts) 

Phresh Filter (massively over sized) and 8” black orchid extraction fan. 

Passive intakes. 

Soil - Jacks Magic, no amendments, 

Nutrients. - House & Garden Roots Excelurator

BioBizz Fishmix 

Biobizz Bloom 

Vitalink Calmag 

Great white micorhizal fungi. 

large.1446D30E-82AA-4017-BFE5-B836695A0F84.jpeg

the seeds were put straight into dampened soil and hatched under a T5 on the 16th June. They were all up on the 18th and repotted into these pots on the 24th. All with miccorhizal (I spell it many ways but hopefully you know what I mean) except the one at the centre back, indicated with the plant label. It’s considerably smaller than its co-stars, it might be its lack of friendly fungi, but as all were seeds and not cuts we’ll never know from this grow. 

Today they recieved 1.5ml/l of Biobizz Fishmix and .25L/L of root excelurator. 

The weather in the tent over the last week has had highs of 32.5C and lows of 22.8C (not happy with this large swing in temps but it’s summer and the tents still finding its happy place -so I’ll suck it up) the humidity - which I personally don’t give a hoot about until I’m in flower- has seen highs of 55% and lows of 33% RH.

Im new to fish mix and biobizz in general so I’ll be seeing how I get on and possibly making the move permanently.... I do love a bit of snake oil though...

Theres 6 girls in the tent, but only 4 will be flowered this time round, I’ll pick the lucky 4 nearer the time, the two remainders will be assigned to a life of being abused to practice new and old training/cloning techniques.

Fingers crosses this will be a text book grow... 

who am I kidding? 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

Fingers crosses this will be a text book grow... 

When you are on form mate your plants look awesome so I wouldn`t expect anything less.

I rate sweet seeds too.

good luck with this one :)

• Like 4

@Key

sounds bloody delicious! Never found a sweetseeds I don’t like - except the smell of Green Poison - that really turned me off, until it was dried and cured then it was lovely. That’s why I’ve shoved the autos outside this time. 

@ratdog

thanks very much. I cracked open the fish mix this morning expecting it to be super pungent but I was pleasantly suprised. It reminds me of my childhood and all the tropical fish and terrapins we had. Dried fish food is what I’m getting and it’s not unpleasant lol if my girls look half as good on the fish as yours do then I’m a happy bunny. 

Most of this crop  will be used to experiment with Rosin making so as of the end of the year I can give up the fags. 

I’ve given up nearly all the fun things I love so it seems like it’s time. 

• Like 4

I like the smell of fishmix out of the bottle, but for fucks sake do not leave it lying around already mixed it will start honking after about 12 hours and if you spill it I think I will become your least favourite member here lol

as for Green Poison, a friend had a bud and showed his friends, they said there was something wrong with it, it shouldn`t smell like that it must be contaminated lol

• Like 3

Hi my friend, thanks for sharing a new diary with our Crystal Candy® :punk:

Sweet smokes and good luck! 
jaypp

• Like 1

A quick update. 

The weather has been hot....so temps have been all over...

highs of 32.2 lows of 22.8 - still a massive swing but they’re soldiering on. 

All 6 ladies were topped at the third node. 

I would have liked to have repotted before topping but it’s not to be so we’ll just crack on. 

large.AC5B4562-D8C6-45C0-B688-99E2FF67F46E.jpeg

Once theyve got over the topping they’ll be potted up to 7litre pots then 18 litre pots. 

New tent en route to give them more space, new light also on the way. 

large.ACE2BE92-718E-40B1-BE31-90C0DB14F71F.jpeg

Invisible Sun ISH250W KIT powered by Samsung LM561c S6 top bin 

i dont know what it means but fuck it sounds good yeah?...

some bold claims on the on the site so I’ll give it a whirl 

back soon! 

• Like 6

@assault and battery 

Good to see you back online and posting with a new thread, such a shame that you discontinued the last one, will make sure to look out for your updates on this one.

As others have said you cant go wrong with sweet seeds, a few of my friends on other forums have ran their autos and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Its a shame your IHG seeds hermied on the last run, ive got a square dance cut (Buckeye purple x dosido) that was passed to me by a friend who found them in a pack of IHG seeds and that fucker also likes to drop pollen, which is a shame as she is a nice cut.

Also surprised to hear you thought the fish mix didnt stink that much, i cant bare the smell of it lol, much prefer the biogrow has a lovely dark chocolate smell to it.

@ratdog is correct, dont leave the fishmix or any of those biobizz organic nutes in a bucket of waterovernight as they will start to stink up the place nasty and will leave a kind of film in the res, looks like stringy bits starting to separate. I left some in a spray bottle for about a week and once i opened it the smell was horrendous 

Have you had a go at trying to make any rosin yet then from your last crop?

Wish you all the best with the grow

• Like 1

@blazeee

Hello there again! Yeah I'm back, I've got a bad case of 'the fear' though - my last grow got composted. I cried but i felt a massive sense of relief... but nothing happened so I just thought I need to live my life how i want to and not worry about what could be... just be prepared. So here I am again. albeit with a new name :) 

I was so desperate for a nice smoke ASAP I popped some sweet seeds on as they always deliver but as soon as these are done and my jars are full I'm going back to explore the granola funk x SOG seeds - i had a few half way through flower that were looking amazing before i culled them. One in particular had double fused stems everywhere, it was kind of topping its self along every branch. really quite bizarre but beautiful. I cut one stem right through and it was like a figure 8 - each side of the branch had its own independent xylem and phloem etc.  Ive never seen a plant like it before, is it more common than I think? have you seen that? - I'm so gutted i lost my bottle on that grow. I think they were going to be something special.

As for the fish mix, apparently if you open a fresh new bottle its not too bad, but it starts to get worse the more u open the bottle... and yes i  discovered the stench when you leave half a bottle made up in the shed on a hot day....... still, it disguised the smell of the autos at the bottom of the garden for a while.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this fish mix though, I normally have calmag issues before now but so far Ive not needed it, I'll be using bloom along side because it feels wrong not to (i need to feel more involved lol) and I know @ratdog is using it along side and if he thinks its good then I'm all for following suit :yep:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, assault and battery said:

I'm so gutted i lost my bottle on that grow. I think they were going to be something special.

I had the same a while back mate, I had purchased my first pack of the lauded killer skunk from ugorg and had a few on the go looking great, then the fear set in and I chopped them all, expensive times lol

Just par for the course with growing imo, like the obligatory stomach problems that arrive from a cop car parking outside your house for 4 hours during full flower lol

I do use fishmix at about 2-2.5ml with bloom at 1-1.5 ml plant depending.

Glad you like it mate, I wont use anything else indoors and out (veg patch) now

• Like 1

@ratdog  

It's a fucking daft situation, I love my weed, but it makes me so bloody paranoid. I have to remind myself that no one that matters to me would love me any less and its not like I'd face a firing squad, but yeah, as soon as I see a sniff of blue lights around here (we get a lot) Im in pieces. We had a few plod parked at the bottom of the road dealing with a minor incident recently and I had to laugh as the house they were parked outside had some 8" acoustic ducting hanging out the bedroom window, swinging in a light breeze lol. Fair play, in this heat who can blame them....?

Ive been using the fishmix on the veg too but i was in town yesterday and saw maxicrop seaweed which Ive read about on here and wondered if that would be good for the veg instead (it was cheaper than fishmix). I also have a bottle of neem oil that I don't know what I'm supposed to do with (all the gear and no idea) do you ever use Neem? if so how? Ive read about soil drenches and foliar spraying but not sure its something I should use routinely or as and when, or at all.  

Ive not gone above 2ml with the fish mix yet. the autos seem happy at that rate so far....but then I'm a bugger for starving them so I'm watching like a hawk :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, assault and battery said:

Ive been using the fishmix on the veg too but i was in town yesterday and saw maxicrop seaweed which Ive read about on here and wondered if that would be good for the veg instead

It`s not a feed mate, just root stim and micro nutes, I use this too, have done for years, I didn`t think to mention it, it`s the first thing the seeds get and give it till flipping time usually.

I tried neem but it fucked up a lot of plants in the polytunnel on the allotment so never dared to spray my plants with it, I use ivermectin (harkers) for mites/thrips, kills them right off and isn`t systemic apparently, safe to use on birds!

If you want to foliar feed, use fishmix at 1ml , I`ve done it before but it was more of a fashion but it wont do any damage at all.

• Like 1

@ratdog Ah brilliant. I'll grab some maxi crop and ditch my uber expensive H&G roots Excelurator stuff. The neem can return to the back of the cupboard. 

I like the idea of foliar feeding but its faffy, and im not sure I want to spray fish mix... ewww.