Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy LED grow.

assault and battery

3 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

im not sure I want to spray fish mix... ewww. 

lol I haven`t bothered in years tbh, I don`t think it makes much difference as long as they are getting their food in the soil drench.

There was someone who put a clove of garlic in some neat maxicrop and left it a week or so and the thing was covered in good healthy white roots, it is good stuff, I get the green bottle with sequestered iron (brown bottle is fine if that`s all they have) , you don`t need lots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, assault and battery said:

@ratdog  

"no one that matters to me would love me any less and its not like I'd face a firing squad"

This is just it, I have my moments but I just have to remind myself that I'm under the 9 plant limit (mostly ;) ) and I probably would get a severe caution and a fine. At worst community service. Then I think fuck em, its a stupid law and if I go inside for it (highly, highly unlikely I remind myself) then I'll become a drugs lawyer and a bodybuilder in my 2 week sentence!

I've order tags from UK cannabis social club, I think its a good scheme, but they haven't arrived so hopefully the plod are too busy bothering pissed cider drinkers on sunny days, or protecting Trump.

Anyway I came here because the diary looks very intriguing and I'll be giving it a follow!

Ive just grown out some Sweet Seeds Honey Peach Auto CBD in a very rudimentary fashion; 40x40x140 tent and a Mars 300 light. Also during a heatwave and my general negligence when I'm one of those pissed cider drinkers in the sun for a few days. They pulled thorough away, chopped em today and they smell amazing! Really wanted some CBD to balance out my coconut space oil that I make for pain relief - I've been making it with Fruity Pebbles from Karma and it sends the missus into space!

She's not a smoker bless her but I love putting a big spoonful in my porridge and trying to walk the dog!

Never ran sweet seeds before but they were super easy and I got decent results out of a shitty light in a small setup. I used biobizz nutes too, just with good old thames tap water and one capful per 10l bucket of; Grow for veg; Grow, Bloom, Topmax and BioHeaven for flower (I'm a mug for marketing).

I reckon I've got an ounce per plant dry (that could be way out we will see), did 4 plants in that tiny tent, they exploded in growth after the first weeks couple of weeks and ended up growing around the light! The tips got a teeny bit burnt on one or two colas but they have come out great for a side project :) Strong main cola on all 4 with decent aux colas too, 2-4 per plant. 

muchas gracias @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp @Sweet Seeds-tommy ! I'll take some pics next time a do a proper diary!

@assault and battery Good luck with your grow dude, can't wait to see the results. Sorry didn't mean to hi jack your thread, just smoked one and started writing.

I'll be watching with interest and I'll let you all know how the honey peach smokes! 

• Like 3

@flash_cannon

No need to apologise - its always good to hear I'm not the only one who has these thoughts and moments of worry -  I struggle with the nine plant limit at times.... might as well be hung for a sheep etc...

I've got a bit of a seed buying addiction so I find it hard not to get multi-strain grows on the go and Ive always got too many plants for my space... hence buying (yet another) larger tent. I don't know anything about cannabis social clubs, I don't know any other active growers other than the names on here, I like the idea of it though but I'm not that brave to join one lol. I'm making my own one (wo)man stand in my own special way to contribute to the future research of Cannabis. I started off just wanting to grow my own for my own stoner purposes but being on this site and reading the contributions of the many knowledgeable and expert growers has led me to change and improve my life in ways I couldn't have imagined when I first started out and I couldn't imagine a life without my favourite plant now. 

I agree about sweet seeds. quality genetics and they practically grow themselves. 

Ive never ran anything from Karma but i think i may have some of their genetics... (if i haven't i will soon)

Can totally relate to being a sucker for marketing. I'm an advertisers dream.... if you pitch it right I'll buy it and regret it later.....lol

Honey Peach sounds a little bit delicious. no marketing necessary - then name alone sold it to me!

Thanks for dropping by :) 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

@flash_cannon

No need to apologise - its always good to hear I'm not the only one who has these thoughts and moments of worry -  I struggle with the nine plant limit at times.... might as well be hung for a sheep etc...

I've got a bit of a seed buying addiction so I find it hard not to get multi-strain grows on the go and Ive always got too many plants for my space... hence buying (yet another) larger tent. I don't know anything about cannabis social clubs, I don't know any other active growers other than the names on here, I like the idea of it though but I'm not that brave to join one lol. I'm making my own one (wo)man stand in my own special way to contribute to the future research of Cannabis. I started off just wanting to grow my own for my own stoner purposes but being on this site and reading the contributions of the many knowledgeable and expert growers has led me to change and improve my life in ways I couldn't have imagined when I first started out and I couldn't imagine a life without my favourite plant now. 

I agree about sweet seeds. quality genetics and they practically grow themselves. 

Ive never ran anything from Karma but i think i may have some of their genetics... (if i haven't i will soon)

Can totally relate to being a sucker for marketing. I'm an advertisers dream.... if you pitch it right I'll buy it and regret it later.....lol

Honey Peach sounds a little bit delicious. no marketing necessary - then name alone sold it to me!

Thanks for dropping by :) 

I totally understand the one (wo)man approach! I just started reading more about their idea (UKCSC) and I thought that they had a good movement going.

The community here is great and the help I’ve got has led to success in the tent which has improved my life too!

I know what you mean about 9 plants but there’s nothing to say they can’t be in 10 gallon pots ;)

I’m happy to give them my info and pay the £20 fee for memebership and the plant tags. No one has been caught with the tags on yet so I don’t know if it will make a difference but it’s an idea and seems like progress so I’m going for it.

Honey Peach smells just like it sounds! I’ll attach a pic :)

Also, Karma are incredibly good seeds - really high quality smoke and an Amsterdam high. I grew out Fruity pebbles but I’m gonna try some more. They came out better than some in house genetics I’ve just run for sure. A lot of people I’ve talked to say the same!

I like the idea of breeders forums though so I’m gonna start running more in here and others on this site.

happy growing !

• Like 1

I second the fish mix - brilliant stuff. I’m using fish mix throughout my grows and just adding some Biobizz bloom once they started flowering. That’s all - nothing else. I’ve just harvested my first girl and have two more vegging away growing like mad.

I also left some fish mix in my water sprayer for two days in the greenhouse. It was nasty. Worse than nasty. Nasty McNasty with extra helpings of nasty. Don’t do it, lol. 

• Like 3

@assault and battery

I know what you mean about the fear/paranoia and having to rip things down. I was helping my friend out with his grow and we had a load of those super orange glue x granola funk seeds on the go but had to rip them down a week in to 12/12 due to security issues, its still upsetting o think about as i havent got to see the outcome of those beans yet, still got aload left in the fridge to get back around to. That plant you found sounds really cool, ive never seen anything like that before.

I have also heard good things about the maxicrop, i know a lad on another site that uses it.

You can use the neem oil as part of an IPM (intergrated pest management) routine. It can be used to kill thrips and other pests, it will also leave your leafs looking really shiny. With the harkas harka mectin, if you ever use that i think it can be dangerous to dogs so bear that in mind. I use the old bottles of plant vitality that contains abamectin, and that is systemic, works great for killing thrips and spider mites etc, once i run out or if i cant get any more then the next best thing would be the harkas, and the harkas is nice and cheap, £10 for 5ml with a dilution rate of 1ml per L, if you ever get spider mites the harkas will work great, only use it in veg though not on flowering plants.

You can still use your roots excel with the fishmix. I use aptus start booster, its similar to the H&G stuff. When making clones i always add some in to the solution that i soak my jiffys in along with some superthrive. Stops them from yellowing up and i always get loads of thick healthy white roots blowing out of the jiffys.

Regarding foliar feeding i like to foliar feed in the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12, i like to foliar them with biogrow, abit of algamic and some cannaboost every 3-4 days. Im not sure how much of a difference it makes but my plants always look happy and are praying to the sky the next day.

Occasionaly ive had a few of my mother plants get deficiencies and ive foliar fed them with 2ml per L of biogrow and 0.25ml per L of canna mono trace and it has always fixed them right up.

Also karma genetics are good genetics, ive seen quite alot of good looking plants come from the headbanger seeds. 

• Like 2

@flash_cannon

thats a beauty you’ve got hanging there. I felt a pang of guilt seeing her - the one I took down today is being flash dried in the tent as I’m refusing to buy any but can’t be arsed to wait for a proper dry lol sloppy practice I know - but needs must. 

I think if this heat continues I’ll hang my plants like that (the next ones are coming down in a week or so) to slow the drying down . 

It took me a long time to realise that growing them is only half the challenge, the drying and curing is an art form in its self. 

• Like 3

Everyone’s been potted up into 17L root cube bags. New toys basically.. I’ve stuffed them into washing up bowls to help water them... I have no idea what I’m doing lol  

Jacks Magic Soil, and .25ml/l of H&G root excel,

they’re looking a bit pissed off and I admit I missed out the middle size pots... but they’ll get over it. 

New tent needs to arrive ASAP... 

the weather. Highs of 31 Lows of 23, the mad swing has reduced a teeny bit but not enough... bloody summer..

large.CA28E45F-48FA-4D7B-8283-E49821783C97.jpeglarge.16C21752-9D72-4F01-9993-57CA82987AA7.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

potted up into 17L

lol Fucking hell lol

I`ve only got one in a 15L and the rest are in 11`s, it`s going to be like a jungle in there, you might need to think about getting a few animals too lol

That root ball looks fecking awesome mate, really white! I would go easy on the watering for the first week or so, you don`t want the soil to get logged. Should be a good haul if you can keep them under control :)

• Like 3

@ratdog thanks mate. Not much going on uptop but the roots exploded for sure! 

those rootbags looked a lot smaller in the garden centre.... I gave everyone a 5L soaking but it’ll dry out in no time I expect (hope) 

still waiting for the new tent and light... I’m guesstimating about 2 weeks to fill those bags with roots??? Im not worried if it’s longer. The jars are about to be filled... at last lol 

Edited by assault and battery
I said two weeks, I’ve since looked again. I think 4 more likely
  • Like 1

large.CFBFC025-C709-4DA0-BE8F-B62CADCDE162.jpeg

As was pointed out - my pots are massive, so I’ve got a massive tent to accommodate, and a new light. I’m vegging under just this one quantum for now but will have to add the blurple led back in as they develop. I think two more of these quantum lights would do me nicely but I’m in trouble enough as it is buying this little lot.

I’ll post the proper spec tomorrow but it’s a uk bought quantum kit with a Samsung something or other. But it sounded the shit. 

Nonsense
  • Like 5

as ratdog has said its going to be a jungle in there ..as above so below and vice versa ..big roots big buds ..

awesome start though .

• Like 2

Just took down my sweet trainwreck auto from the garden, very happy with her. 

large.50137496-5FB6-4438-9B3D-100200F75D3D.jpeglarge.7ED07399-1994-446C-943C-6A8FB45142EF.jpeglarge.182A8F80-EB7A-4020-B763-B962215883BF.jpeg

since the price of supermarket plastic bags went through the roof I’ve taken to stealing the baskets instead. Baskets for life. 

Blurb
  • Like 6