@Crentz Worth a try mate especially on a couple of lower branches  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

E2a- Congratulations on the 420th post in this thread :bong:

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

Change of plan. 

I will be running the Migro 400 now instead of the 600, I think the Migro 600 would be overkill in this space:yep:

I have two Migro 100's already so here's what you get in the upgrade plus cables and hanging ratchets;)

large.IMG_0632.JPG

large.IMG_0633.JPG

large.IMG_0634.JPG

large.IMG_0635.JPG

large.IMG_0636.JPG

• Like 5

@Crentz nice looking piece if not mate which will make a nice home for the HSO test strains. 

Is this company UK based mate? I was going to go with true northern led but shipping is as much as a panel.

This company I may look into :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark They are based in Ireland mate:yep:

These tester strains are taking their sweet time showing what sex they are, I’m itching to get them setup in the dwc system and let the real fun begin:D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some bad news:thumbdown:

I have already found one male and killed it two days ago, today three more plants showed sex. 

Another two males and one female:(

There’s one plant left to show sex and it’s the platinum Yeti that’s one week behind the rest, these all took three weeks to even show sex. 

I will put the female in the dwc bucket tomorrow and put her back to 18/6, the two males will be chopped and the platinum Yeti will go into the 2x2 tent until it shows sex:yep:

I’ll have to Veg the female out and take clones to get a full tent for this run:yes:

large.2D2BFB52-9DC2-4956-B00E-EB8961B46274.jpeg

large.F0826C6E-DD37-4A15-84C6-83539110E85C.jpeg

Platinum Yeti 

large.4CA6A09B-128D-4EC0-9399-B7E646A34049.jpeg

Hers one of the males just starting to show sacks. 

large.FAB29D33-9112-444F-9048-27CCC49D4FCD.jpeg

Close up of the male. 

large.DB251942-9C97-41C7-AF8E-59E5949BBAAC.jpeg

Female starting to flower. 

large.BD09B59C-A37B-432F-8CB6-0260634DC9DC.jpeg

Pistils starting to sprout. 

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 5

I hope that female platinum yeti f3 is a female mate. That way you'll atleast be able to clone both strains and do a full run of both :yep:

This is the thing with regular seeds you just don't know what your going to get lol

Typically is a 70-30 ratio in favour of the female gene. So going off that most of the remaining seeds should be ladies ;)

1 question mate. Have you tried to sex regular seeds this early before? And did that happen faster?  Or faster? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

@HSO-Mark Yeah the Platinum Yeti turned out to be female so I’m happy I’ve got at least two, this hasn’t been much of a diary so far but I’ll start adding all the necessary info once I have the clones going:yep:

Good news is the unknown female strain is an aggressive grower and I’ve gotten a taste of how she stretches in flower, very similar to the Platinum Yeti so I think that’s what it might be:yes:

This is my first run ever with regular seeds mate so I’m not use to the extra time needed, with the upgrades to the grow room and starting from clone this should be a good one:D

I was going to put the first male in the 2x2 and grow it out by was advised not to, someone told me even in separate tents the pollen gets everywhere;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crentz said:

This is my first run ever with regular seeds mate so I’m not use to the extra time needed, with the upgrades to the grow room and starting from clone this should be a good one:D

I thought it was your first regular endeavour  ;)

With flipping the plants so young that's 1 big reason they took so long to show. Normally if I'm growing photos (look out for a diary soon ;) )

I tend to do a 8 week veg so after week 6 I can sex With out flipping the light cycle, but this is a cool way to. My dad used to take cuts to sex but after 2 weeks rooting then 2 more to show it can be done just as fast without messing with lighting regime  ;)

If your not breeding cull those males brother as you've been as used it can get "everywhere"

Now at least you have 1 lady of each strain, a newly added to grow room, let's get the fun begun lol

See you next time buddy ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

@HSO-Mark I look forward to seeing your diary mate:yep:

Things are looking up, just got word I’ll be testing nutrients this run also, a uk company called Biogreen. 

Ever heard of them?

• Like 1

On 22/08/2018 at 9:37 PM, Crentz said:

Biogreen. 

Ever heard of them?

I have not come across this nutrient brand my friend but so many new products and companies hit the market every year. Sometimes it is hard to keep track lol

Let us know how you get on mate, always good to try new products  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

Oh been keeping watch on Insta. Mothers look to be doing really well :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thanks man;)

Yeah the mother plants are exploding, it’s a shame I haven’t got the room to flower them out. 

I have one Migro 100 over each plant dialled down to 50 watts. 

large.6A855218-5751-4B2E-9B95-812399C9751E.jpeg

large.B4C2CC2B-5F3B-4FE4-B1A0-D57EFC050BEC.jpeg

• Like 6

What will you be doing brother, taking cuts and keeping the mother plants around. Flower out the cuttings then decide if mother's are worth keeping? 

They are exploding in the systems and the Migro LED are performing really well :bong: even dialed down 50% ;)

Thanks for the update brother  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@HSO-Mark took cuttings last Sunday and they are in the aeroponics system, no signs of root development yet:yep:

I will run the best four cuttings and kill off the mothers once they root, will take more cuttings before I flip just in case these are keepers:yes:

Depending on how these perform if there’s something worth keeping I’ll probably do a full run again next time with that strain, if not I’ll run the Gift of Fire and Bubba 76;)

• Like 2

On 08/09/2018 at 10:47 PM, Crentz said:

@HSO-Mark took cuttings last Sunday and they are in the aeroponics system, no signs of root development yet:yep:

I will run the best four cuttings and kill off the mothers once they root, will take more cuttings before I flip just in case these are keepers:yes:

Depending on how these perform if there’s something worth keeping I’ll probably do a full run again next time with that strain, if not I’ll run the Gift of Fire and Bubba 76;)

Sounds like a plan my friend  :bong:

I would expect you'll find a keeper or 2 brother  :yep:

Thanks for the update and your plans moving forward  :)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1