Hurrah! Hurrah! We chose the Mazar.

• 2 weeks later...

We regularly read other growers diary and admire the lovely husbandry and stealth guerrilla tactics, but as others are wondering, so too are we: "Where is the rain?. How are my girls coping?"

A few people have advised level headedness, have pointed to the fact that for millennia now cannabis plants have been grown in semi-arid as well as wetter climes, but you never really know until you visit your plot, in what predicament you will find your girls in.  

So today we chose to make a special trip in.

Wow. The. Camouflage. Was.Monstrous.

Seriously, I think one of the brambles took a chunk out of my shin. Another creeper wrapped itself around my ankle and yanked me down.  It was not fun.  Why do you laugh?

Anyhow, they are coping just fine!! They all seem to be around about the same size, give or take a foot, and they all seem to be flowering at the same time too! We were really impressed with this homogeny and we can see how it will come of use later on when cropping season comes.

The ground as not too dry, but what we found was that the girls were well established and seemed to be drinking from reserves in the ground.

There were hardly any competing nettles this year and the flowers themselves seemed not to need any legging as they had sprouted healthy bud laden laterals that did not deserve trimming.

All in all they looked superb.

xx

large.P7140018.JPGlarge.P7140012.JPGlarge.P7140014.JPGlarge.P7140011.JPGlarge.P7140013.JPGlarge.P7140010.JPGlarge.P7140009.JPGlarge.P7140008.JPGlarge.P7140001.JPGlarge.P7140005.JPGlarge.P7140007.JPG

• Like 1

those pictures would bring a tear of joy to a glass eye... wonderful stuff lois, great plot, great work! (dem genes!)

hope it all goes the distance and you are rewarded bountifully...

:cheers:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here we are again, a few weeks before the expected chop and my Husband and I were Aching to see how the Girls are.

They have had it hot nearly ever since they went out in May and for the last couple of days they finally had some rain too, but the decision on going in today was purely based on the fact that according to Real Gorilla Seeds the girls are meant to be ready late August to Mid September, this gives us just one month to prepare and to check on them before we go in with secateurs.

The surrounding dry and yellow vegetation testified to the fact that the weather had not been kind, yet our girls seemed to do better for it! Some had decked, due to the winds these last couple of days, but were immediately put right.   All of them are in full flower with the actual plot smelling distinctly like a candy store and the flowers consisting of what seems like 2 obvious phenos, one pink and one white; as we know these features change but what we do know for certain is that they are coming down end of August.  

Like it said on the tin.-

Take a look

large.P7310003.JPGlarge.P7310004.JPGlarge.P7310001.JPGlarge.P7310005.JPGlarge.P7310023.JPGlarge.P7310022.JPGlarge.P7310021.JPGlarge.P7310020.JPGlarge.P7310018.JPGlarge.P7310016.JPGlarge.P7310015.JPGlarge.P7310014.JPGlarge.P7310008.JPGlarge.P7310010.JPGlarge.P7310011.JPGlarge.P7310013.JPG

Beautiful guys , there starting to stack up them huge long colas there known for , top job especially with this shocking hot summer with no rain :yep: 

• Like 3

Wow I love the stature of those plants. I hope they will be available again for next year because they're on my wishlist now!
Long colas with lots and lots of perfect size round buds. It would perhaps make me a little scared about mold to have such density on outdoor flowers - I hope everything works out well for you.

Edit - oh yeah and with such homogenous plants I'm sure they must be either F1 or a cross stabilized for many generations. If it's an F1 I hope RGS will keep making F1 seeds every year:)

Edited by blackone
  • Like 3