Hurrah! Hurrah! We chose the Mazar.

So, its that time of year again and we have noticed that some of you have began the arduous, yet rewarding task of guerrilla grow activities. Chopping, digging, weeding, that sort of thing. Most of you (smart ones) purchased seeds from our good friends and RGS, and yes, so did we!! 

But we went one step further, because as we know 'Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance' (or so Choppers likes to tell us) and purchased our Royal Mazar way back in November. Fast forward to May and our Girls were popped with another super germination rate. My Husband tried something different this time, so after soaking the seeds in H2O for a night and a day, and popping them in a moist container over a hot plate in the dark, we placed the seeds in a tray of coco helter skelter.  A handful of days later we had very vigorous seedlings. He subsequently transplanted them to individual containers for rooting and vegging.

The next part of our prep work was our plot .Having visited just before the New Year on a number of occasions, we attempted to expand the plot a tiny fraction, with good results as you shall see in a moment.

Next we popped into the plot only a few days after we germinated, and had a major dig up, chasing back the persistent nettles.  We also spread a couple of buckets of Carbon Gold, as a soil improver, dug it in and finally the forecast for rain later that evening soaked it through.

This year we also did a great deal of coppicing and chopping, hopefully letting more light in and taking better advantage of those active light hours, but also dropping elderberries in order to create a fortress-like camouflage.

Today we have just returned from another dig-up, having confirmed that our plot has not yet been compromised.  

Ladies and gents we are ready to roll!!!HURRAH! HURRAY! Its Royal Mazar!! Time!!

Take a look at our efforts and let us know what you all think.

Happy Planting everyone!

large.P5030001.JPGlarge.P5020071.JPGlarge.P5020069.JPGlarge.P5040006.JPG

large.P5050007.JPG

large.P4290059.JPGlarge.P5030004.JPGlarge.P4290061.JPGlarge.P4290063.JPGlarge.P4290064.JPG

large.P4290059.JPG

BEFORE

large.P4290060.JPG

AFTER

large.P5140004.JPGlarge.5af9eca94e053_P51400062.jpglarge.P5140001.JPGlarge.P5140002.JPG

Edited by lois lane
  • Like 1

Oh boi iv been patiently waiting for this one to start ,.. this is going to be one hell of a show, Ill be over here in the corner don't mind me as you were,.. :eat:

• Like 6

haha   weird as  hell  as  i popped 2 royal mazar just this morning ....... 

plot looking lovely thee mate   ....   i think i will be watching this diary closley ...:skin_up:

• Like 2

Royal mazar sounds and looks nice, whats the mazar part of it. looks like a bumper harvest coming your way.:skin_up:

• Like 2

Something strangely satisfying about seeing a freshly prepared plot... 

Good luck to you, not that you'll need it  :yep:

• Like 1

Alright there @lois lane 

I have some proper plot envy here, looks amazing, can’t wait to see all those mazars up and blooming, 

properly prepaired plots preform pretty pukka, probably.

Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

Looking forward to watching that plot fill up. 

All the best for this year :yep: 

• Like 1

We knew that everything was running late this year, even the birds had nested late in April, so we also instinctively knew that the little seedlings would not have had as many odds at survival if we had planted them out prior to this weekend.

Checking the weather every day, we intended to plant out on days surrounding rain fall, which proved to be increasingly difficult as the week went on, but finally we settled on May the 19th.   An auspicious day, according to a close friend, not because of the Royals issue, so much as Markle and her family are thought to be associated with Cannabis and its cultivation. We also assumed that on the day of the royal fiasco people would be busy invariable having lovely bbqs and get-togethers, and given that the weather was glorious the chances of a encounter with a nature or dog walker would also be reduced.

The afternoon before our plant-out we slipped into the plot for 3-4 hours to prepare cages, and in we went the following with a box full of very small plants, some tools and our camouflage boiler suits.

On hands and knees both my Husband and I began to plant one flower after another, marvelling at the vivaciousness and colour, some had even establish a root system that went right round their pot, in a couple of days !

Cage after cage, we worked in the Sun, hoping, praying that they would take, yearning even more so for some rain.  

And then all Hell broke loose...

From up the side of the embankment came the loud growl of a moped or a dirt-bike (or two?!?) venturing the track and round the bend.  Immediately dropping all our tools we dove face first into a forest of nettles (that had been feeding on the same nutes and shite we were giving our plot; the feckers were enormous).  Barely breathing we watched through the green, hoping whoever the intruders may be, that they do not stumble onto our little site by serendipity or accident.  Eventually, after what seemed like hours, we heard the bike ride away, and so picking up our tools and cages we continued our labour of love.

Now, you would think that on this plot we had seen it all; horse and moped riders, scouts making camps, pigeon, pheasant and clay pigeon hunters.  Ravenous rabbits with insatiable appetites, muntjac and small deer, even a red kite ffs!! But what happened next just takes the cake.

From above the ridge, beyond sight, we heard a loud hum, like a small engine or a massive bee?..or even a feckin DRONE!!! 

As the hum came closer VERY FAST, my husband and I made for the nettles again just in time for me to glance at a passing para-copter who seemed to be headed away from us.  

Back again on the field, with the distant hum of the annoying para, we carried on with our work and were startled when the hum seemed to be almost directly above us, having been a great distance away only a moment ago!  My husbands command came loud and clear, two words: GET OUT!

Flinging small plants and pots everywhere, springing through dense vegetation, I ran up the bank and nearly up a tree, into obscurity, with my husband following suit a moment later.

We turned, half expectant to see the annoying para above, and were treated to the view of his rear as he spun the glider somewhere into oblivion; he hadn't noticed us, not once.

We packed quickly and quietly, not returning to fix the cages, arms, legs, faces stinging like heck from our brush with the nettles.

Returning this morning we slipped in not knowing what to expect.

There had been no rain and we had not been given the chance make a final check, tidy-up, tuck the girls in so to speak.  I was half expecting to be faced by the loss of a couple of plants at least, you buy the ticket, you take the ride, am I right?, but what we encountered was surreal.  Not one lost!  A couple looking sad, but none lost.

We made sure we left nothing out of place, took one last look at our girls and silently hoped for water.

As I am concluding this post it has just showered like a boss and the Sun is out to blast em!!!!

large.P5180001.JPGlarge.P5180002.JPGlarge.P5180003.JPGlarge.P5180004.JPGlarge.P5190005.JPGlarge.P5190006.JPGlarge.P5210007.JPGlarge.P5210009.JPGlarge.P5210009.JPGlarge.P5210012.JPGlarge.P5210013.JPG

:haveadab:

• Like 1

All part of the fun lol 

Glad it all worked out ok, and no casualties :yep: 

• Like 2

@lois lane When i signed up to UK420 a few months ago. The first diary entry i read was you and your husbands 2017 project. I've have been eagerly awaiting this one (Like many others i'm sure) Inspirational ! Best of luck for this one.

• Like 4