2018 - Inapond13's Dinafem Greenhouse Grow

inapond13

Lets start off with a group shot taken yesterday morning:

large.DSCF4487.JPG

And a couple of the buds from the plant on the right:

large.DSCF4491.JPGlarge.DSCF4492.JPGlarge.DSCF4488.JPG

This plant in now hanging in the the attic to dry.  I chopped half yesterday and half today.  The top buds are really nice and not many small buds were put into the trim pile.

Here is a picture once defoliated:

large.DSCF4496.JPG

large.DSCF4495.JPG

And a few pics of the buds once trimmed:

large.DSCF4498.JPGlarge.DSCF4503.JPGlarge.DSCF4505.JPG

and finally they have been laid to rest in the attic with a fan blowing over them:

large.DSCF4507.JPG

This plant was east to trim, no bud rot at all as expected and had no insects on the buds.  The left hand plant will come down over the next couple of days as I get a few hours without the kids.  Buds in my attic at this time of year usually take about 2 weeks to dry so unfortunately it will be a little while yet for dry weights and smoke report but they will most certainly follow.  I am very happy with what I harvested so far...

Edited by inapond13
spelling
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, inapond13 said:

I am very happy with what I harvested so far.

At the end of the day brother this is all that counts  :yep:

Nice to see you be started to harvest ;) plant one is down, trimmed and hanging with plant 2 coming down by week's end :bong:

I'll keep dropping in buddy  :yep: as you harvest the final plant and drop a smoke report when the time is right  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

I was able to start the trimming of the remaining Critical +2.0 today.  I started with a defoliate of all leaves that I didn't want in the trim pile for processing later.

Here she is naked...

large.DSCF4508.JPG

And here are a few shots close up:

large.DSCF4509.JPGlarge.DSCF4510.JPGlarge.DSCF4511.JPGlarge.DSCF4512.JPG

The buds from this plant are smaller than the first but there is a much stronger smell and the buds are stickier to the touch.  Trimming is a bit slower with this plant mainly due to the smaller buds.  Really looking forward to trying these little buds though :smoke:.  I should have the rest down by the end of the week.

Snip snip...

Edited by inapond13
spelling
  • Like 4

Looks like she's swelled really nicely! Must be great to be able to control your greenhouse, I'm hoping to get power out to mine this winter :)

• Like 1

@beezee Power in the greenhouse is a no going back moment, like getting the jumbo organic porridge in Aldi rather than the basic stuff :-)

I wouldn't want to be without my fans, heater and dehumidifier ever again...  I have never had any budrot since having the dehumidifier, before it there was always a bit and I would be picking it out way before the end of flower, constantly affecting yield...

• Like 2

Dehumidifier will be the first item on my list after power goes in! I've been out sealing it all today and manuring the beds... Next seasons autos should be stunning :D

• Like 2

I have just finished the trimming and all branches are now hanging in the attic to dry. 

The right hand plant is on the top three rows and the left hand plant is on the bottom row:

large.DSCF4513.JPG

Just need to let them dry than get them curing in some jars...

• Like 4

On 16/11/2018 at 0:12 PM, inapond13 said:

I have just finished the trimming and all branches are now hanging in the attic to dry. 

The right hand plant is on the top three rows and the left hand plant is on the bottom row:

large.DSCF4513.JPG

Just need to let them dry than get them curing in some jars...

Not a bad haul from this outdoor season. It's most definitely been a strange one so it's nice to see flowers hanging  :yep:

I've extended the deadline for completion until November 30th which should give enough time for a final weigh in and your thoughts on the end product  :)

Thanks for taking part this year buddy. Will you be back next season?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks Mark, yes this season has been a strange one for me and given me plenty to think about for next season.  I plan to grow auto's and photos next season with hopefully better results.  The White Widow auto's seem to be performing well with other growers so will probably be on my list.

The last of the buds came down from the attic today and have been weighed and put into jars.  

So, my two Dinafem Critical +2.0 plants grown in my greenhouse at lat 53.5° produced the following:

Left hand plant - 22g

Right hand plant - 35g

(2 oz total)

As you can imagine, I was expecting more from these plants earlier in the season but as they matured into flower it became obvious that they were not growing optimally and yield would be low.  They have though produced 2 oz of nice smokeable bud that I will most certainly enjoy.

The right hand plant came down last Sunday and is starting to develop a smell now in the jar.  It is subtle at first, then a complex citrus lemony smell develops.  I'm sure as curing continues, this will only get better.

I have tried the right hand plant in a joint earlier today.  I have a cold and a cough at the moment so my taste and smell isn't working too good.  It smokes well, the stone is a bit of a creeper, only really feeling it by the end of the joint but then a really nice body high developing, with a bit of mild euphoria.  It also lasted a decent amount of time.  I was productive and got things done that I needed to.  I'll look forward to fully curing this as I think the flavours will develop really well and when I can taste it properly.

The left hand plant has only just come out of the attic and needs a few days before a sample.  The smell currently is a little greener than the other but lemony hints can still be detected.  I think these buds will have a different smell from the right plant once cured but only time will tell with that.

Here are some dry bud pictures:

Right plant

large.DSCF4521.JPGlarge.DSCF4523.JPGlarge.DSCF4524.JPGlarge.DSCF4525.JPGlarge.DSCF4527.JPGlarge.DSCF4528.JPG

Left plant

large.DSCF4521.JPGlarge.DSCF4520.JPGlarge.DSCF4517.JPGlarge.DSCF4516.JPGlarge.DSCF4515.JPG

And a picture of the jars:

large.DSCF4529.JPG

I'll provide a better smoke report in a couple of weeks after a cure.

This ends my Dinafem outdoor adventure for 2018.  Thank you all at Dinafem and especially Mark for facilitating this.  Roll on 2019... :oldtoker:

• Like 4

On 29/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, inapond13 said:

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks Mark, yes this season has been a strange one for me and given me plenty to think about for next season.  I plan to grow auto's and photos next season with hopefully better results.  The White Widow auto's seem to be performing well with other growers so will probably be on my list.

The last of the buds came down from the attic today and have been weighed and put into jars.  

So, my two Dinafem Critical +2.0 plants grown in my greenhouse at lat 53.5° produced the following:

Left hand plant - 22g

Right hand plant - 35g

(2 oz total)

As you can imagine, I was expecting more from these plants earlier in the season but as they matured into flower it became obvious that they were not growing optimally and yield would be low.  They have though produced 2 oz of nice smokeable bud that I will most certainly enjoy.

The right hand plant came down last Sunday and is starting to develop a smell now in the jar.  It is subtle at first, then a complex citrus lemony smell develops.  I'm sure as curing continues, this will only get better.

I have tried the right hand plant in a joint earlier today.  I have a cold and a cough at the moment so my taste and smell isn't working too good.  It smokes well, the stone is a bit of a creeper, only really feeling it by the end of the joint but then a really nice body high developing, with a bit of mild euphoria.  It also lasted a decent amount of time.  I was productive and got things done that I needed to.  I'll look forward to fully curing this as I think the flavours will develop really well and when I can taste it properly.

The left hand plant has only just come out of the attic and needs a few days before a sample.  The smell currently is a little greener than the other but lemony hints can still be detected.  I think these buds will have a different smell from the right plant once cured but only time will tell with that.

Here are some dry bud pictures:

Right plant

large.DSCF4521.JPGlarge.DSCF4523.JPGlarge.DSCF4524.JPGlarge.DSCF4525.JPGlarge.DSCF4527.JPGlarge.DSCF4528.JPG

Left plant

large.DSCF4521.JPGlarge.DSCF4520.JPGlarge.DSCF4517.JPGlarge.DSCF4516.JPGlarge.DSCF4515.JPG

And a picture of the jars:

large.DSCF4529.JPG

I'll provide a better smoke report in a couple of weeks after a cure.

This ends my Dinafem outdoor adventure for 2018.  Thank you all at Dinafem and especially Mark for facilitating this.  Roll on 2019... :oldtoker:

Now this is how you end a diary  ;)

Take this year as a learning experience mate. 2oz of sun grown bud is not a bad end result in any way but I do think with better timing and strain selection this will make your 2019 outdoor grow season much better :yep:

I've really enjoyed this diary. Defitely has a chance of placing in the top 3 :)

Thanks so much for taking part this season my friend  ;)

Stay tuned to the outdoor section as winners will be announced this week  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The season has finally ended today as I have cut down the two very unhappy PAK girls that have struggled all year.  Yield will hopefully be enough for a joint per plant.  It makes me chuckle to think of that.  Better to laugh than cry aye :D

I have named the PAK 1 & 2

Here is PAK 1 after a trim:

large.DSCF4535.JPGlarge.DSCF4533.JPG

And PAK 2:

large.DSCF4531.JPGlarge.DSCF4530.JPGlarge.DSCF4532.JPG

The purple colouring is lovely and it is a real shame that a UK greenhouse isn't a good place to grow these very temperamental girls.  Probably someone else could do a better job than me but I would recommend efforts outdoors in the UK to be put into another strain.

• Like 3

Critical +2.0 Smoke Report

I've been smoking the Critical +2.0's for a few weeks now and curing has proceeded nicely.  I have also added some Boveda 62% into the mason jars with the herb now.

The plant that yielded most and had the bigger buds is the nicest of the two.  The smell when opening the jar is of citrus and fuel.  It is very pleasant.  The smoke is very smooth and has a really nice taste that I like to play with when I exhale, blowing a bit of smoke through my nose.  I don't usually do this.  The effect is good but not great.  The stone is slow to come on, only really coming on as I finish the joint but increases over the next few minutes and then leaving me quite content for the next couple of hours.  The effect on me is a moderate body stone and a mild head high.  It's nice but leaves me wanting something else.

The lower yielding plant had quite small but well formed buds.  The smell when opening the jar is different that the first.  A little spicy.  It's a smell that is familiar to me but I can't quite place it, maybe a food or maybe something completely different??? I get slightly distracted from the taste of this one because the effect is even less than that of the other plant but with the same characteristics - effect slow to come and a mild to moderate body stone and mild head high.  There isn't as much flavour in the smoke either.  Saying that though, I haven't been smoking it for a week or so, so the cure may have developed the flavours a bit more now.  I'll go roll one after this post to test it out :skin_up:

The smoke, taste and effects aren't bad, just not as nice as the other plant.  I imagine that I will quite get into it once the other jar is empty.

Happy Christmas everyone...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 11:26 AM, inapond13 said:

Critical +2.0 Smoke Report

I've been smoking the Critical +2.0's for a few weeks now and curing has proceeded nicely.  I have also added some Boveda 62% into the mason jars with the herb now.

The plant that yielded most and had the bigger buds is the nicest of the two.  The smell when opening the jar is of citrus and fuel.  It is very pleasant.  The smoke is very smooth and has a really nice taste that I like to play with when I exhale, blowing a bit of smoke through my nose.  I don't usually do this.  The effect is good but not great.  The stone is slow to come on, only really coming on as I finish the joint but increases over the next few minutes and then leaving me quite content for the next couple of hours.  The effect on me is a moderate body stone and a mild head high.  It's nice but leaves me wanting something else.

The lower yielding plant had quite small but well formed buds.  The smell when opening the jar is different that the first.  A little spicy.  It's a smell that is familiar to me but I can't quite place it, maybe a food or maybe something completely different??? I get slightly distracted from the taste of this one because the effect is even less than that of the other plant but with the same characteristics - effect slow to come and a mild to moderate body stone and mild head high.  There isn't as much flavour in the smoke either.  Saying that though, I haven't been smoking it for a week or so, so the cure may have developed the flavours a bit more now.  I'll go roll one after this post to test it out :skin_up:

The smoke, taste and effects aren't bad, just not as nice as the other plant.  I imagine that I will quite get into it once the other jar is empty.

Happy Christmas everyone...

A great way to finish the 2018 outdoor grow season  ;)

Thanks for the final write up mate and for the final images of our PAK. Not the biggest producer but to go until late December in the UK must be a record. What day dud they actually come down mate @inapond13?

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 1