2018 - Inapond13's Dinafem Greenhouse Grow

inapond13

@Dinafem-Mark  Sorry for being absent.  After my holidays I have not got back into the routine of doing my diary.  I'll start again now and keep it going to the end.

The summer cloud white paint has been essential this year due to all of the sun we had.  Light intensity stays high but the max temps I had in the greenhouse once it is applied was 32°C.  Before application I was getting over 40°C ans my plants were cooking.  I probably need to wipe it off now as it is getting later in the year and really need all the heat I can get in there now it is cold and cloudy.

My 2 x Critical +2.0's are doing really well and have just started to show a few pistils.  I'll get some pictures tomorrow and share.

The 2 x PAK's are still tiny.  They do not like the conditions in my greenhouse.  They have also just started to flower but only 1ft tall with no side branches.

I'll take some pictures and give a proper update tomorrow.

Until then...

• Like 3

Here are the pictures from this morning:

2 x Critical +2.0 (All the other pots in the picture are empty)

large.DSCF4390.JPG

Just starting to flower...

large.DSCF4391.JPG

These plants have had a few red spider mite issues.  I have currently added two types of predator mites and I seem to be getting on top of the problem.

These critical's are pretty big with loads of bud sites.  Both plants have been topped once and have had no additional training.

They have been fed either plain water (when I've been on holiday) or 2ml per litre of fishmix when I am hand watering.

2 x PAK

large.DSCF4392.JPGlarge.DSCF4393.JPGlarge.DSCF4394.JPG

So, these PAK's were planted at the same time as the C+2.0's and are only a fraction of the size.  They do not like something in my greenhouse.  Maybe it is the soil medium?  Light intensity?  I'm really not sure but do not see me growing the PAK's again.  It is a shame as many others have had great results indoors even though they take an age to veg.  Hopefully though, now that flowering is underway, I will get a nice bud from each plant.  I'm not holding out for more than one bud per plant though...

• Like 5

On 05/09/2018 at 9:41 AM, inapond13 said:

Maybe it is the soil medium?  Light intensity?  I'm really not sure but do not see me growing the PAK's again

It could be a number of things with pak mate, she's tricky indoors and not the best for outdoor growing  :yep:

On 04/09/2018 at 3:04 PM, inapond13 said:

Sorry for being absent.  After my holidays I have not got back into the routine of doing my diary.  I'll start again now and keep it going to the end.

Not a problem my friend, we all have personal lives and August tends to be a slow month on the forums due to 2 main factors. Children are off school and it's prime vacation time  ;)

Great to see you back and thank you for the outdoor update mate, I'll drop back in on the next :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

The Critical+ 2.0's have loads of bud sites and are happily in early flower.  I removed a few of the smaller lower branches and small bud sites just after the last update and the 2 plants are carrying on just fine.  I have also removed all large insect damaged leaves to improve light penetration and air flow.

Here are the 2 x Critical+ 2.0's just a few minutes ago:

large.DSCF4395.JPGlarge.DSCF4397.JPGlarge.DSCF4398.JPG

As you can see in the first pic and comparing it with last weeks picture, the top of the tallest plant is now a few inches above the wire compared with below a week ago.

I'm really looking forward to end of October / early November to find out what I end up with from these two.

Happy growing...

• Like 7

Oh yes well into bloom now and looking good :yep:

I would say about 2 weeks in maybe 3 which should see a late October finish  :yep:

With that said my brother has a critical pheno that is a massive yielding cut and that comes down every year on November the 5th :bong: Typically though critical and her variants (except quick and auto) tend to finish later October  :yep:

Looking really nice my friend. Finger,s crossed for a happy finish to the season :yep:

Until the next outdoor update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Another week in and the plants are still happy.  The red spider mite now seems to be under control.  The predators I have had in there seem to be keeping on top of the issue as well as my tomato plants.  I have never had RSM on my tomatoes before but they seem to be staying on the tomatoes and no longer on my weed plants.  I have had a similar effect with cucumbers in the past.  The RSM are more attracted to the cucumber / tomatoes and leave the weed alone.  If the RSM's get too bad on the veg plants, they can just be sacrificed.

As the weather has been very cold, wet and rainy lately, I thought it would be good to share the following:

9am this morning...

large.DSCF4399.JPG

Max over last 7 days...

large.DSCF4400.JPG

Min over last 7 days

large.DSCF4401.JPG

My greenhouse heater is doing pretty well.  It generally is able to maintain 10°C above ambient outdoor temperature which I am happy with.  Also the dehumidifier is working well to keep the humidity down.  It is very rarely over 65% even when raining outside.  I see the heater and dehumidifier as essential items for growing weed in my greenhouse, especially as the buds continue to develop.

On to the plants:

large.DSCF4402.JPGlarge.DSCF4403.JPGlarge.DSCF4404.JPGlarge.DSCF4405.JPGlarge.DSCF4407.JPG

Buds are a little bigger and a little frostier.

They are being fed every 2-3 days with Fish Mix & Bloom.  I have started pouring without measuring as my syringe no longer reaches into the bottles so I can't be that exact on dosage.  They also had a black strap molasses feed early last week.  There are no signs of over feeding so I thing I am doing ok.

@Dinafem-Mark I would be very happy with an early November finish, especially as I am going away for a week at the end of October and it would be great to come back to some nice ripe buds.  A full week away without checking the plants at that stage isn't ideal but I'm not stating at home while the rest of the family goes on holiday.  I have my automatic watering system set up to give them a flush while I'm away.

That's it for now... 

• Like 4

On 23/09/2018 at 9:37 AM, inapond13 said:

I would be very happy with an early November finish, especially as I am going away for a week at the end of October and it would be great to come back to some nice ripe buds.

By the look of things I think you'll be bang on mate. The buds look to be starting to stack that weight on but you can see they still have a way to go before it's harvest time  ;)

Normally I would be a little worried as this is outdoor but your managing your environment like a professional and I can't see any big issues occurring as conditions so far look perfect  ;)

Thank you for adding so much detail into your diary buddy. It let's other growers know exactly what your environment was like and I love the detail provided. 

As always thank you for the outdoor update, keep them coming and enjoy your week away ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Another week in and all is still going well.  Buds are getting bigger by the day but still have a long way to go.

Here are the 2 x Critical+ 2.0's at 7.30am this morning:

large.DSCF4408.JPGlarge.DSCF4409.JPGlarge.DSCF4410.JPGlarge.DSCF4411.JPG

The plants seem happy and healthy to me so I am just going to keep doing the same as I have been.  Feeding with Fish mix and bloom with every watering which is usually every 2-3 days.

The growing conditions in the greenhouse are remaining good.  I don't get any condensation at all due to the dehumidifier and temps aren't getting too low due to my heater.

Conditions at 7.30am this morning:

large.DSCF4412.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark I totally agree, if I didn't have the greenhouse with temp and humidity control I don't think that these plants would finish well at my latitude (53.5) unless light deprivation was implemented earlier in the season to trigger an earlier start to flowering.

I'm already looking forward to next weeks update.  I know that I look at my plants every day but I do like to see the weekly growth on here and every update I post, means that they are that much closer to the finish line...

• Like 6

Another week of development and another week closer to finishing.  I am slightly concerned over the rate of bud development.  They just seem to be staying really small.  Any input from anyone on this would be greatly appreciated.  Tag @Dinafem-Mark

As you can see, I have given them some vertical support with some yoyo's, being slightly hopeful that the buds are going to get much bigger.

Here is the two of them together:

large.DSCF4439.JPG

Also, the plant that is closest to the fan in the picture above seems to be getting brown pistils too early in my opinion.  The below bud is tiny, about the size of the end of your thumb:

large.DSCF4445.JPG

The other plant to the right is keeping white pistils at the moment and here are a few pics:

large.DSCF4440.JPGlarge.DSCF4441.JPGlarge.DSCF4442.JPG

Maybe I am just getting impatient as I haven't had anything to smoke for about a month now.

I am still feeding with fishmix and bloom but on the last feed I also added 1 tbspn of Epsom salts.

Pests are keeping at bay and humidity is staying below 65%.  Min temps about 18°C.

Any opinions on rate of current bud development and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for stopping by...

• Like 7

hi @inapond13,

nice setup, all under control with dehumidifier, heater, fans. :yep:
I ran a Critical+ 2.0 this summer but had to take early after 56 days flowering due to mould, (Lat 50.5º).
Keep an eye on that plant which has early brown pistils for mould...

As for bud size, have you considered a PK booster, or aren’t you that way inclined - too chemical?

Good luck with the girls, weather might warm up again but strength of sun is falling off and length of nights are increasing.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

Hi @Mcgarret,

If it is going to work I am happy to consider a PK booster, even though I do prefer organic.  I have never used one before.  Any suggestions or are they all much of a muchness?

• Like 2

@inapond13, hiya back :bong:

I’ve got 2 PK boosters - Atami Bloombastic and Plant Magic Platinum. I use both but half and half.

Add when buds are forming, usually 4 weeks into flower then stop 2 weeks before harvest and flush good and proper like.

Both bottles pretty old now cos I don’t run ‘big’ setup and hence still got the stuff so I’ll use it till its gone.

Think I prefer the Atami Bloombastic as it’s thicker. The Plant Magic Platinum feckn stinks. :fart:

Don’t know if there are better or organic ones around so yep muchness applies.

I grow in compost, indoors and outdoors in the summer, Autos and Subbie Regs, Female Photos, they all get the PK boosts.

Autos at half to 2 thirds strength seems to work fine for me.

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Thanks @Mcgarret, I've just popped to the local grow shop and come back with 1 litre of Plant Magic Organic PK 4-8 for £15.  The alternative was a BAC product for +£40 which was more than I wanted to pay.  Hopefully this will give the plants the boost that they need.  This one doesn't stink so bad, just a bit chemically...

• Like 3

Some nice frosting going on there dude.

Hopefully they'll get a rush on as the nights draw in put some weight on for you, especially after adding the PK boost ;)

Most probably the fan is causing the one to brown off her pistils early, if she's closest to it

• Like 2

Yes, @jadenugs I'm hoping it is just the fan and it won't affect the bud development so much.  First feed of PK boost will be today.  They can have 2 more weeks of feed and boost then I'm on holiday for a week and they can get plain water.  That will have to do as it is all I can offer them.  I don't have anyone that can feed them when away for me.  Hopefully those timings will work out good though...

• Like 3