2018 - Inapond13's Dinafem Greenhouse Grow

inapond13

2 weeks feed and 2ish of plain water should see them done about perfectly mate.

All the best of greenhouse growers luck to you for the next few weeks my man.

• Like 2

Today has been lovely and sunny and it has got me thinking about the days when it isn't, which may be quite often until harvest time.  So I have decided to dig out the LED grow lights I have that I have previously used for starting off my early autos in March this year.  They may not do much but the bit of extra light, especially on dull days should do nothing but help them, especially the lower buds that the lights are closer to.

Here are some pics from just now:

large.DSCF4450.JPGlarge.DSCF4447.JPG

I have them running on a timer from 9am til 6pm so they currently won't be standing out when it gets darker.  On a sunny day like today, they are only noticeable from quite close and from certain angles and because I know they are there.  I am not directly overlooked so I am confident that they will not be noticed by anyone.  I do have a 300W Blurple LED panel that I was considering using but I think this would stick out like a sore thumb, so I have scrapped that idea.

Here are a couple of pictures of the biggest bud:

large.DSCF4449.JPGlarge.DSCF4448.JPG

They are getting much frostier now.  Until the next update...

• Like 8

You look bang on track to me my friend  :yep:

Everything your doing correct and your going to be rewarded come harvest :bong:

Have you thought about using molasses as a booster? I know it's not a pk boost but I've always found it beneficial in bloom especially with trichome development, which is looking great by the way :yep: actually a very over looked product. It helps provide the soil with a good amount of macro- and micro-nutrients and helping to reduce and potential pathogens  ;)

Worth using imo at 1 tablespoon per 5l of water :yep:

Next year I'll be getting a green house so I'll be taking a lot of pointers from you. I've loved watching this grow. Now with the added LED your set for a solid finish to this season  ;)

Keep the outdoor updates coming, not long left now matey :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 6

I have actually used molasses this grow but just once as I used up my supply.  I have used it on previous grows also.  I'll need to pop into the local health food shop and pick up another.  Thanks for the kind words and popping by...

• Like 3

@inapond13, those LEDs reminds me of that WALL-E robot, sat there admiring your plants. <_<

But on a more serious note, noticed your GH floor is paved, have you considered raising the pots up off the cold floor on some bricks or blocks of wood? I ask this cos cold roots can cause problems - nute lockout, increase risk of mould, or am I being too finicky and over concerned?

Good job so far, hope you make the finish line and break your fast. :v:

:oldtoker:

Edited by Mcgarret
  • Like 4

@Mcgarret It is something that I have been aware of and I had planned on keeping some polystyrene sheets to one side for this exact purpose.  I have let it completely slip my mind though, so thanks for the reminder.  I think they will be alright just for now as the greenhouse is heated (18°C min) but I will ensure that they are off the ground in the coming weeks before I go on holiday. 

Yep, I can't wait until I get back from holiday at the end of October, returning to the plants full of massive buds (hopefully).  Once dry, that first joint will be extra sweet, and probably knock me right out as will have been a couple of months without any.  Will be a good test of the potency though.  Always hard to tell true potency when smoking every day.

As I know I haven't got any at the moment it really isn't bothering me and has actually allowed me to be a bit more proactive, and no munchies, so it's pretty easy to lose a few pounds before hitting the pool :punk:

Thanks for your comments...

• Like 4

So, it's only 4 days since the last update and the greenhouse is still a happy place.

Temps and humidity at 8.15am this morning:

large.DSCF4451.JPG

I have upped my minimum temp in the greenhouse to 20°C and my heater seems to be handling it at the moment.

I thought I would show all the nutrients I have been using and detail today's feed exactly:

large.DSCF4453.JPG

7 1/2 litres of water from water butt in greenhouse

1 x heaped tbspn of Molasses

15 mls PK Booster (Plant Magic Oldtimers Organic PK 4-8) {2ml / litre}

15 mls Fish Mix {2ml / litre}

30 mls Bio-Bloom {4ml / litre}

20 mls Seaweed Extract (have't added this for a while but did today) {2.8ml / litre}

Between the 2 plants they get this mix every other day at present.  They probably don't need the molasses in every feed but as they only have 9 days left while I can feed them due to holiday, I don't think it will do any harm.

The Formulex was used early on in growth but I don't use it at this stage.

On to the plants:

large.DSCF4455.JPG

The plant on the left that started to get brown pistils earlier than the other:

large.DSCF4456.JPGlarge.DSCF4457.JPG

The plant on the right:

large.DSCF4458.JPGlarge.DSCF4459.JPGlarge.DSCF4460.JPG

I would still like to see some explosive growth on these buds.  Maybe the PK booster will help but I suspect it is due to the light levels in the greenhouse while they have been in flower.  On sunny days it is no issue but we have had quite a lot of rainy and overcast days :thumbdown:.  I still have WALL-E watching over my plants from 9am til 6pm daily.

Now a quick update on the very unhappy PAK's that I have already written off:

large.DSCF4461.JPGlarge.DSCF4462.JPGlarge.DSCF4463.JPG

They are doing no harm where they are but they no longer get any love or attention.  I may get enough for a single joint out of each.

I think that the Critical's will give me a decent harvest but I don't think I will reach my 10 oz target due to small buds.  I am seriously considering getting an attic grow on the go over winter.  I have all the equipment already and tried a grow in there about 8 years ago.  I did it in the summer though and I was constantly fighting a losing battle with high temps and low humidity and I ended up moving the plants into the greenhouse where they were much happier.  Over winter though, after my holiday, the temps shouldn't be a problem.  I just need to re-arrange the attic and set everything up again.

The other thing I was considering was to put the grow tent in the greenhouse over winter?  Anyone heard of this before?

I have been looking at strains to grow and I'm currently getting drawn to some of the sativa dominant strains like Original Amnesia and Critical Jack.  I'll probably go down this route if I make the decision to do the winter grow.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Until the next update..

• Like 4

The Critical +2.0's are still healthy and conditions in the greenhouse are good.  Most pistils on both plants are brown but the buds are still much smaller than I would of liked.  There are still a few white pistils and the trichomes are mainly clear so there is still a bit of ripening to occur.

I have finally succumbed to removing a couple of lower buds to quick dry and I will sample them tonight.  I've not had any weed for a while so what I've taken off will be shared between 2 joints and then I can assess the effect.

I have taken the 2 small buds from the right hand plant and the plant on the left, even though it started to have brown pistils earlier, has a lot more white pistils than the plant on the right.

Here is a picture of the 2 buds just removed:

large.DSCF4467.JPG

The quick dry method I use is to wrap the buds in moist kitchen paper in a plastic takeaway container with the lid on and blast in the microwave for 11 seconds at a time.  After each blast, I open up to expose the buds and leave outside for 5 minutes to completely cool and steam to stop evaporating.  Then repeat until dry.  If the kitchen paper drys out before the buds, re-moisten.  If the paper gets dry, it is likely to burn the buds and paper.

I know quick drying is crap, but at times, needs must and this is the best quick method I have tried (and I have tried quite a few).  You can go plant to dry bud in around 30 mins.  I will most certainly not be doing this with my main harvest.

Smell - These 2 plants smell completely different.  The one on the left has a nice citrus smell but the one on the right has hardly any smell at all currently.  I imagine after curing, the smell will develop though.

I'll let you guys know how these little buds smoked in the next update which will either be on Sunday or Monday.  Then it will be a week away on holiday.  When I come back it will be chop and trimming time.  It will be really nice to finally get some bud in the jars again...

• Like 4

Things in the greenhouse look spot on mate :yep:

Keeping temps in range and not to far away from harvest now. I would say 10-14 more day's will be plenty and see this season concluded. 

Have a nice week vacation my friend  :bong:

All being well the plants will be finished when you return ;)

How was the sample you took mate?

All the best 

Mark..

The plants received their last feed yesterday and from tomorrow will get a daily 1 minute from a soaker hose on a timer for while I am on holiday.  Plants are still healthy and are frosting up nicely.  They seem to be putting a little bit of weight on so that is nice to see.  Next week when I'm back from my holiday should be the perfect time to crop, but will re-assess when I get back.

Thanks to the reminder from @Mcgarret I have now lifted the plants off from the flagged floor using some bits of wood.  Better to be safe than sorry...

Here is the group pic:

large.DSCF4469.JPG

Left plant:

large.DSCF4470.JPGlarge.DSCF4471.JPG

Right Plant:

large.DSCF4472.JPGlarge.DSCF4473.JPGlarge.DSCF4474.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks for your comments.  The sample smoke I had the other night had a great effect.  Really hit the spot.  Can't wait for the main event...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I got back of holiday around midnight last night and the first thing I did (after putting the kids straight to bed) was to go and check on the security situation on my greenhouse, as it is always a worry when away.  The door was still locked, windows intact and fans still going so I was happy and went back in out of the 2°C conditions.

This morning I have been in to check on the plants and all is good.

Greenhouse conditions while away are as follows:

Max temp: 25°C (out 12°C)

Min temp: 15°C (out -1°C)

Max Humidity: 62%

Min Humidity: 35%

I am happy with all of the above considering the outside low temperature.  Humidity is bang on to keep mould at bay thanks to the dehumidifier.

Group shot:

large.DSCF4476.JPG

Left plant:

large.DSCF4477.JPGlarge.DSCF4478.JPG

Right plant:

large.DSCF4479.JPGlarge.DSCF4480.JPG

I have also had a look at the trichomes with a jewellers loupe and they are all still mainly clear, maybe going a bit milky but none are amber yet.  Neither of the plants are showing any sign of mould or infections.

The left plant still has a few new white pistils forming but I can't see any on the plant on the right.

Both plants have been on plain tap water for a week.  I'm thinking a little longer until full cooked, what do you reckon @Dinafem-Mark???

Thanks for looking in...

• Like 4

Getting there mate, this cold snap is a pain in the arse eh. Seems your keeping it under control tho so more power to ya ;)

Looks like you`ll get a nice crop at the end of this one & as for asking about a grow tent inside the g/house? Why not, no different really to me with my tent in a shed really. I`d be wary when opening the tent tho at night, best have the lights off i`d imagine!

Cheers for now.

• Like 2

Nice to see you back from vacation mate and even better to see that your security measures held up and plants are looking in tip top shape  :bong:

Going of the picture's your super close. Personally 5 more day's and the scissors out and your fingers sticky time ;)

Defitely the easy forward for a small outdoor grow in the UK  :bong:

Good luck as you enter the final week ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your kind words @H + H2O @Dinafem-Mark. We are very close to the end now with these two plants.  The following pictures were from Sunday but family commitments and a very sad funeral I attended yesterday, means that this is the first chance I've had to put them up.

I now have a few amber trichs but just a very few on the right hand plant and this will be the one that will get chopped first.  The left is not far behind.

The two together:

large.DSCF4481.JPG

Left Plant:

large.DSCF4482.JPGlarge.DSCF4483.JPG

Right plant:

large.DSCF4484.JPGlarge.DSCF4485.JPGlarge.DSCF4486.JPG

I am very happy with their development at the end with chop imminent.  The buds are not massive but I will get quite a lot of nice medium sized buds which hopefully will be a great smoke.

Plants just on plain water about every three days but they aren't drinking that much now.  Next update should be chop time.  Thanks for stopping by...

• Like 8

@inapond13 Your super close my friend if not harvested by now :yep:

Thank you for taking the time to update mate especially with family issues and a funeral to attend :)

Keep us posted as harvest is approaching fast  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1