AirPotNoodle - HSO - Bubbas Gift - Soil - LED

leapsure skemor

Thanks guys, though I don't think I came up with the idea - I'm sure some people wrap their standard Airpots in them. I remembered this mini carbon filter I made years ago for a micro grow, I'm not sure if it was my idea back then or googles' but it's a similar technique.

post-42689-1247671165_thumb.jpgpost-42689-1247671199_thumb.jpgpost-42689-1247671323_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

On 07/06/2018 at 1:03 PM, vortex said:

cracking stuff ....  never seen tights used before tho.......  great idea ... 

theres a rather ......LARGE .......  lady i know so im going to ask her for one of her old stockings    and do the same .................

.....   with a whelie bin  lol 

lol this had me in stitches lol

Great to see a more light hearted approach and just what I intended. This is meant to be fun and so far I'm loving this ;)

Lots of variety, various grow tech's and more importantly a bit of community fun  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

not saying theres a lot of large ladies  about here ....  but  down the school the other day i threw a bag of malteasers over the floor .......

.......  best game of hungry hippos ive ever played  lol 

seriously tho....  could you use a hessian sack  to grow  as this should let air to the roots too ??  

paniking a tad as  the news just said theres  a MASSIVE  storm due to hit on thursday with gales up to 70mph forcast ......  hoping my ladies down at the plot will be ok .....

Edited by vortex
  • Like 5

On 13/06/2018 at 9:48 PM, vortex said:

not saying theres a lot of large ladies  about here ....  but  down the school the other day i threw a bag of malteasers over the floor .......

.......  best game of hungry hippos ive ever played  lol

Thanks brother that's my cuppa spit over the monitor lol

One if the funnier comments I've seen :yep:

@vortex Have you checked the ladies since the "storm" . It was quite windy up this way but plants are fine :yep:

Fingers crossed brother.

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Thanks brother that's my cuppa spit over the monitor lol

One if the funnier comments I've seen :yep:

@vortex Have you checked the ladies since the "storm" . It was quite windy up this way but plants are fine :yep:

Fingers crossed brother.

Kind regards 

Mark..

hoping to get up there and check them this week mate ....  fingers crossed ahhh ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vortex said:

hoping to get up there and check them this week mate ....  fingers crossed ahhh ??

Keep us posted brother  @vortex:yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

I'll start this update with a couple of progress photos up to more recent times. It's been a slow veg under just the little CFL - until a few days ago when I got the main light back up and running.

10th June

large_10.6.jpg

16th June

large_16.6.jpg

Topped at the 3rd on the 20th

large.5b3170f22b3d7_20.6(3).jpg

I took the opportunity to get in her tights and there wasn't much to see really. I assume the roots are building density on the inside. The reason I went for the airpot idea is to avoid root bound issues in the sense of root circling. I'm thinking she'll just stop growing when the roots are at full capacity 

large.DSC_0065.jpg

Comfrey mulch keeping moisture in at the surface..

large_20.6.jpg

After topping on the 20th - Probably should have eased her under the newly fixed light but I wanted to get things organised.

large.5b3170f2d3f45_20.6(4).jpg

26th June - brings us up to date. I caught temps at 31 this afternoon and shes looking a bit droopy tonight. I don't think she's overwatered, it's pretty hard to do with all those holes..perhaps just dealing with a lot of stresses right now (topped/light intensity increase/heat) and battling to live her best life. I misted her several times with rhizowater to...i don't know, cool her down? Check out the purple stemmage and 6 fingered leaves.

large.5b3170f73d5bb_25(18).jpglarge.5b3170f607a28_25(12).jpglarge.5b3170f4c5a9e_25(4).jpglarge.5b3170f55a8ea_25(6).jpg

Looking forward to getting the old top transplanted into a 10l airpot.

large.5b3170f69fd98_25(17).jpg

• Like 4

I just had to post that before I lost it all somehow. This is a fun little project and I'm enjoying this subforum and being a part of it. Good luck to all, thanks for looking in and I'm going to have a nosey at what you're all up to now.

• Like 3

Nice one :yep:

I'm gonna be one of the last ones to start at this rate, but at least I've got the advantage of seeing all the good ideas before I start! 

Good luck with the grow matey.

Waste not want not as my old man used to say so great use of the top portion :yep: (I am correct in thinking that the top was chopped and cloned?)

Quite surprised at the slow root growth as this girl tends to go to work on her rootzone first then focused on actual vegative growth. That said she's been under a low lumen light until recent so I'm sure this will kick in growth in all ways now she has more light ;)

Thanks for the update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :haveadab:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark

Looking good mate and definitely a good idea to use the tops as a clone, it works and you'll get an extra jar or 2 at the end, I'll pull up my seat and watch the show :smokin:

• Like 2