AirPotNoodle - HSO - Bubbas Gift - Soil - LED

leapsure skemor

I'm pleased to say I'll be joining you all on this challenge - Thanks @HSO-Mark. Whilst waiting for the seeds to drop, I've done a little prepping.

I'm planning to run a 10l pot of Bubbas Gift (edited) in the background - for a bit of extra learning about this new-to-me strain. This will leave one back up seed for the pot noodle in case anything goes wrong.

I've never done a pot noodle challenge before so if I'm breaking any rules or codes of honor just let me know, I have spare pot noodles! King Size pots are currently £1.00 each at Tesco if it helps @smokie1 b c f c

large.5af02e739864f_AirPotNoodlePrep(1).JPGlarge.5af02e7492ab3_AirPotNoodlePrep(2).JPGlarge.5af02e758fb65_AirPotNoodlePrep(3).JPG

large.5af02e6860edc_AirPotNoodlePrep(4).JPGlarge.5af02e69753c9_AirPotNoodlePrep(5).JPGlarge.5af02e6a5dc69_AirPotNoodlePrep(6).JPG

large.5af02e6b5dbfe_AirPotNoodlePrep(7).JPGlarge.5af02e6c3e4ae_AirPotNoodlePrep(8).JPGlarge.5af02e6d23f1b_AirPotNoodlePrep(9).JPG

large.5af02e6e08cb0_AirPotNoodlePrep(10).JPGlarge.5af02e6f0a4f7_AirPotNoodlePrep(11).JPGlarge.5af02e6fde99a_AirPotNoodlePrep(12).JPG

large.5af02e70c7ca6_AirPotNoodlePrep(13).JPGlarge.5af02e71ba33b_AirPotNoodlePrep(14).JPGlarge.5af02e72bb505_AirPotNoodlePrep(15).JPG

Edited by leapsure skemor
  • Like 8

looking good, that airpot you made will give loads of air to them roots. :smokin:

yeah i have a look when i go shopping, i normally use sainsburys, but if tesco have them il find one, as no luck last time in s/burys. :wallbash:

• Like 2

What is the white ring that you added to the top ? It doesn't look like it came with the pot noodle.

Edited by Cantharellus
  • Like 3

Hi @Cantharellus, no it didn't come with the pot noodle - i found it in the shed. I'm not adding a ceramic dripper/built in bubbler etc, simply going to be hand watering so the plastic ring sits on top of the medium centrally, holding the tights open and allowing watering to be done at a decent speed without water running off the soil surface/out of all the holes immediately. As can be seen from the pictures there is no secret medium being used but I can store the ring up the plant stem if it's going to be a rule breaker and just drop it down to the soil for waterings. I thought the tights would stop everything drying out so quickly and lower risk of nasties getting in the soil.

• Like 1

Those tights are clever. I wasn't sure about the white thing as I have never had a pot noodle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cantharellus said:

Those tights are clever. I wasn't sure about the white thing as I have never had a pot noodle.

Ah I see, sorry for the long winded explanation then! It's the outer case from a spool of plumbers Ptfe tape.

Never had a pot noodle? I had a chicken and mushroom one in the 90's and then three in the last 48 hours. You're not missing much lol

• Like 3

Well, there's another reason to borrow a ladies tights. :)

They make great intake filters also.

Clever tactic ensuring a good supply of air to the roots.

May the best plant win!

• Like 3

Interesting approach dude, this competition is bringing all-sorts to the table, looking forward to seeing how you do 

• Like 3

Now this is bringing out the creative side from everyone involved  :bong:

Super creative idea which in theory should work out extremely well :yep:

Good luck my friend. You know I'll be watching this one with great interest  :yep:

Let's see what you can do :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement everybody. Good to see quite a few people up and running with the rest of us having a bit of catching up to do! The seeds arrived on the 21st, nice one Mark - and I got cracking: -

No Soak - Direct to Final Pot

Water + 4ml per litre Rhizo

21st May PM

large.5b09522fae484_21(1).jpglarge.5b09523046d65_21(2).jpglarge.5b095230b775d_21(3).jpglarge.5b0952314119f_21(4).jpglarge.5b095231b8023_21(5).jpg

25th May AM

large_25.jpg

26th May AM

large_26.jpg

She's under a 30w CFL now, with limited LED overspill, As space becomes available, she'll be taking a central position under the main light. I was originally going to run a 10l airpot Bubba Gift for comparison but have decided I have too much Indica going on at the moment and will do some 12/12 sativa doms along with the flowering of the pot noodle. Everything else in there is auto on 20/4 lighting so I'm anticipating 6-8 weeks veg....maybe more. 

• Like 6

And the fun has started  ;)

So glad the seeds have landed now you can get underway ;)

Here's to successful germination and a fantastic grow :bong:

Good luck mate I'll drop back in on the next update to check progress out. 

All being well we will have another new bubbas gift to welcome to UK420  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

She's alive! Here are a series of photos taken between the last update and today.

large.noodleveg.jpglarge.noodleveg1.jpg

Feed introduced at 0.5ml per litre (Oldtimers Grow).

large.noodleveg2.jpglarge.noodleveg3.jpg

She fell off her little perch ( I knocked her) and she took it on the chin suffering only a little leaf damage. The crinkled leaf was there before. She's also throwing out asymmetrical pairs of leaves on the growth tip which is a bit runty but I don't love her any less for it, she is a Gift.

large.noodleveg4.jpglarge.noodleveg5.jpg

Here's some wild Comfrey I'm going to de-bug and use as a mulch, maybe a little tea too. I love this stuff for outdoor grows. Takes care of the slugs, works as a mulch and decent nutrient levels too. I don't think flowering is the best time to pick the Comfrey leaves, plus wild Comfrey is not supposedly as potent as the sterilized version found on allotments but I think the little Bubba will benefit from the mulch through letting the roots access all the precious medium.

large.wildcomfrey.jpglarge.5b190a67bb49a_wildcomfrey(2).jpg

Shes still underneath the 30w CFL. I've had an issue with the main LED light (partial faliure) but there should be enough light for her to share and veg along for a few weeks. I'll have something new and shiny in place in time for flowering.

• Like 5

cracking stuff ....  never seen tights used before tho.......  great idea ... 

theres a rather ......LARGE .......  lady i know so im going to ask her for one of her old stockings    and do the same .................

.....   with a whelie bin  lol 

• Like 5