Whiteys on the Haze

jadenugs

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers bro, they didn't get off to a good start and they aren't very big but the quality is definately there. Some of the stickiest outdoor buds I've grown tbh :)

Update coming up.

• Like 2

Update on my Dinafem girls.

Went up the plot on the 16th and they'd got on with it a bit in the 2 weeks since the last visit, so not too bad really after a terrible start. I took some organic potash mixed with seaweed meal to give them all a feed but I found a bit of rot on my WW  and on one of the HSO's so I never fed those two and shared it between the Haze 2 and the other 2 HSO's, as I knew I'd have to chop those two soon. The rot was right on the top buds of both plants so I was a bit disappointed, but just cut the buds off and salvaged what I could for a taster. Been drying for just over a week so will try them soon :)

Here's the usual group shot, Haze 2 at the front and WW xxl directly behind it to the left.

large.group.jpg

The Haze 2, nice and frosty with no signs of rot so she had a feed to keep her going another couple of weeks.

large.5b8054b18e1f4_haze2(1).jpglarge.5b8054c037b1b_haze2(2).jpg

The WW starting to ripen up nicely and smelling wonderful, really nice and fruity. Shame about the rot though, you can't see it in these pics, it's on the back of the main top bud.

large.5b8054cea4b51_wwxxl(1).jpglarge.5b8054dd802ae_wwxxl(2).jpg

So I top dressed the Haze 2 and decided to return in a week to chop the WW, so went back up there on the 23rd.
I reckon the WW could have gone a bit longer and there were no signs of any more rot but I thought I'll chop her to be on the safe side (made a big mistake last year with my Critical Jack by pushing it a week too long and lost the whole plant which was quite a big un lol ).

Group shot

large.5b805660cdbca_groupR.jpg

Haze 2 looking very sticky. Looking at the trichs I suppose I could have chopped her but no signs of rot whatsoever so I've left her out hoping for some amber trichs and I will probably take her next week seeing as the weather is changing.

large.5b80567ef08d0_haze2(1)R.jpglarge.5b80568f07cb3_haze2(2)R.jpg

From another angle

large.5b80569e53651_haze2(3)R.jpg

WW xxl absolutely drenched in resin and ready to bring home :)
I hope she tastes as nice as she smells. You can see where I took her top bud the previous week, on the 2nd pic to the right.
Chopped her and trimmed at the plot so she's hanging to dry now. I haven't bothered with drying pics as there's not much to show so I'll post some bud pics when dried :)

large.5b8056e1d945c_wwxxl(1)R.jpglarge.5b8056f11dd5e_wwxxl(2)R.jpg

A few pics of her side buds to finish off the update

large.5b8056ff91c91_wwxxl(4)R.jpglarge.5b80570e42f36_wwxxl(5)R.jpglarge.5b8057242cfe7_wwxxl(6)R.jpg

So I'm just waiting on the Haze 2 to ripen up now and will update when I chop her.
Thanks for looking and happy gardening :)

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, beezee said:

Nice looking buds on the haze mate, but I'm confused as to how you have zero side branches lol

lol I was thinking the same. Maybe due to the rootballs not being big enough to fill a litre pot lol

Bad start and no water all summer might have something to do with it.  Shows how resilient they are though.

• Like 3

Yeah man, my heart wasn't really with it this year, struggling to find plots and I only decided to use this one again at the last minute. I think it will be safe for autos though in future so I'll get on with it earlier next year and put more planning into it ;)

• Like 3

Could do mate but I think the soil is fine there, I've worked it for years. Just the bad start they got I reckon. Me and autos don't mix for some reason lol

I've never had to water this plot but if we have a summer like this one next year I'll be lugging some water there, without a doubt!

• Like 3

Congratulations @jadenugssome lovely frosty looking buds there! Glad to hear you are doing well...  Good to see you got some out in the end.... Have you got any corn field grows going?  

• Like 2

Cheers dude @MacGanja

I never bothered with the corn fields in the end. Was tempted to put a late C+2 auto in one for a tester but never got around to it. Might do it next year for a staggered harvest, now I know they are stilling growing corn there ;) I wasn't sure they'd be planting corn there again but they have so it looks like they grow corn there every year.

Hope you're well mate

• Like 2

Went up the plot yesterday as planned to harvest the Haze 2.

Had a fair bit of rain over the last week and you guessed, I found some rot about 2/3rds down the main. Had to cut out 3 small buds from it.

So it was harvested at 90 days from germination.

After removing the cage last visit it was leaning over from the wind but ok. Must be all the weight lol

Sorry Dinafem, just kidding, she's done great after my late unorganised start with no water all through a red hot dry summer until the last month. If she'd had water early on I'm sure she'd have grown to a decent size before flowering ;)

large.5b891f608beef_Haze2@90days(1).jpg

You can see the rot on the outside of the bud 2/3rds down the main on the above pic and on this next closer one. Thought I'd got away with just one bud but it had spread around the inside to two other neighbouring buds.

large.5b891f7912137_Haze2@90days(2).jpg

Some close ups of her main bud, very nice and frosty with some nice colours coming through.

large.5b891f912189e_Haze2@90days(3).jpglarge.5b891fa8bce1c_Haze2@90days(4).jpglarge.5b891ff002d71_Haze2@90days(5).jpg

So she's hanging to dry now, I'll post a smoke report when she's been in the jar for a while.

Thanks for looking and happy cultivating :D

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Plot is looking in tip top shape mate  ;)

With the crazy heat we have had this season I'm noticing but rot striking a little earlier than expected, you've done the best thing by harvesting the effected haze auto mate :yep:

Some lovely autumn colours starting to show ;)

All in all a love my looking plot :bong:

Thanks for the outdoor update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 24/08/2018 at 9:59 PM, beezee said:

Chuck a load of coco in there after your done, the worms should mix it up a bit over winter. Be ideal for autos then!

On 24/08/2018 at 10:05 PM, jadenugs said:

Could do mate but I think the soil is fine there, I've worked it for years. Just the bad start they got I reckon.

Just re read your post mate and realised that even though the soil is good, it would be a lot better for autos with some coco thrown in.

Cheers for the sound advice dude ;) I still need to up my game though in their first 2 crucial weeks after germing lol

• Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers dude, I smoked the tiny bit of Haze I harvested from the other plot that I stopped documenting and I really liked the effect, nicely uplifting but smooth on my anxiety, put me in a great mood :)

It hadn't had a cure, just a quick dry so can't really comment on the taste. I think I remember it being fruity though. I'll get a report up on both that and the Widow when they've cured a bit longer and I can recognise the tastes better  :yep:

• Like 3