Whiteys on the Haze

jadenugs

lol that is cheap! Still they're not for me, this year has been much easier getting plants to plots and planting out :)

• Like 2

Looking good @jadenugs, some hard work has gone into the bramble location... I have also scouted a bramble location but there is no obvious was in... Which is a good thing... But also bad for me.. Also the soil is crap so will have to bring it to site, is this what you did through the tunnel? 

• Like 2

On 17/05/2018 at 3:42 PM, jadenugs said:

Cheers mate, everything has been a bit rushed at the last minute with not being able to find decent plots sooner. Hopefully everything should be ok but I'm not sure how much direct sunlight I'll get at the new plot 2 :)

Your going to do fine brother I'm confident in that  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@MacGanja

Cheers mate, I haven't taken any soil to the plot, just using the Sandy soil there with added coco and organic moisture retainer which is basically a certain dried seaweed that holds many times it's volume in water once it's hydrated.

The tunnel is for stealth and the entrance is next to a bush so won't  be seen from anywhere hopefully :)

Good luck with yours dude.

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers mate, I'm hoping so :)

Seeds were wet last weekend and went into compost on Sunday. 5 were up yesterday, one of each strain including the HSO ones. I'll update when they've all (hopefully) surfaced.

• Like 4

On 17/05/2018 at 3:42 PM, jadenugs said:

@Moobman

Thanks for looking in dude, you got a grow on this year?

@beezee

They are just like fabric pots but white and a lot thinner, and they're biodegradable  so the rootball should have plenty freedom to explode.

I'm gonna sit them in small pots or plastic cups until  plant out. They've arrived but I messed up with the size. I ordered 80mm by 100mm but this is the flat area. When you open them out the diameter is only about 50mm :doh:

Should be ok though for 10 days.

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers mate, everything has been a bit rushed at the last minute with not being able to find decent plots sooner. Hopefully everything should be ok but I'm not sure how much direct sunlight I'll get at the new plot 2 :)

Yes mate just a bit of a lazy grow in the greenhouse section not expecting to much bud this year as im waiting for my house to get painted so i cant put up my greenhouse yet :(

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for your concern lads, means a lot. Mark is right, life has been a bit hectic for me lately but I'm ok :)

Right, time for a long overdue update.

Life has been full on for me for the past few months and my grow has suffered from the start.
Actually the grow isn't very good at all but I must honour the diary for the free seeds.

Major high temps in the my attic veg cab coupled with a shit choice in seedling compost messed things up from the start so here's the story so far. I don't have all the info about germination as I didn't take notes so it's the best I can do from memory.

2 of each were put straight into compost instead of my usual paper towel method.
I had problems with the high temps and lost 2 due to drying out too quickly. Temps were very high and the compost set like concrete. So I got myself some root trainers and put some more in.

The fresh beans were germed in paper towels and went into clover mixed with perlite in the root trainers. Anyway, I ended up with two of each as planned. One of each in the nursery bags of rock hard compost at 3 weeks old and one of each in the root trainers at 2 weeks old when they were all planted out. The nursery bag ones at 3 weeks were starting to flower already at a few inch tall lol so they went to plot 2 because I didn't think this plot would do well anyway. Total waste of time really, due to my lack of care, attic temps and choice of compost so I won't be documenting these.

The root trainer ones did ok but hadn't really rooted out the root trainers properly at 2 weeks old. These went to plot 1.

So the next problem was getting them out of the root trainers without the root balls falling to bits. I opened them up, turned them over onto the ground and lifted the root trainers off, leaving them on the ground. Then I slid a trowel under each one in turn and placed in the holes still leaning against the trowel, filled in around and pulled the trowel out leaving the plants planted without too much stress to the roots and watered them in with some seaweed meal. The only feed they've had is this and what I prepped the holes with.

Here they are planted, caged and mulched on 15th June. Haze 2 at the front and WW xxl directly behind it on the left.

large.5b6f2a65237a6_plot1groupR.jpg

Haze 2 before caging

large.5b6f2a7dd2b40_plot1haze2R.jpg

WW xxl before caging

large.5b6f2a8e15a3d_plot1wwR.jpg

Here 2 weeks later on 29th June

large.5b6f2b5fa1ad7_groupR.jpg

Haze 2 from the side and above

large.5b6f2b6fb3a2c_Haze2R.jpglarge.5b6f2b805751a_Haze2aboveR.jpg

WW xxl from the side and above. You can see the soil drying out and cracking already, I didn't mulch inside the cages for fear of slugs getting over my copper collars.

large.5b6f2b90f288f_WhitewidowR.jpglarge.5b6f2ba172273_WhitewidowaboveR.jpg

And here's my little herb stalks a month later on 2nd August. Not much insect damage this year because the surrounding vegetation hasn't grown in around them. Shows what a bone dry summer can do lol At least my plants are doing better than the weeds and they've grown consistent with each other lol

large.5b6f2ee875c08_groupR.jpg

Haze 2

large.5b6f2f0fd0628_haze2R.jpglarge.5b6f2f241e494_haze2closerR.jpg

WW xxl

large.5b6f2f4103eda_whitewidowR.jpglarge.5b6f2f511ec67_whitewidowcloserR.jpg

@Dinafem-Mark I'm sorry I haven't done these much justice. Autos aint my thing but I'm gonna have to master them if I use this plot again as I daren't grow photos here after last years experience with people shooting nearby.
I'll try and get out to them again next week and see how they're doing.
Thanks for looking at my little 'erb stalks, hopefully they'll have fattened up a bit by next update but I'm not hoping for much as they didn't get off to a great start. As long as I get to try them out I'll be happy :yep:
Happy gardening :D

• Like 4

@beezee

Haha, yeah man, still rockin'.

How are you mate?

Yeah, all helps for a few hours work. The widow is looking tasty and I can't wait to try the Haze. Last haze grow I did were DP's super haze many moons ago and the high was amazing :)

• Like 3

Yeah not bad cheers mate, just recovered from some bug.

Need some half decent weather now so I can get to my plots...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@jadenugs Nice to see you are well brother, a few members were getting conceded lol

Thanks for doing a mass plot update, it definitely has not been an easy start to the season. Let's hope things calm down in your personal life and a bit of luck will help ;)

I'm still confident with the issues faced we will still see a nice outcome. 

Thanks again for finding the time for this outdoor update mate I'll drop back in the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2