Whiteys on the Haze

jadenugs

Hello and welcome to my Dinafem outdoor diary.

White widow xxl auto
Haze 2 auto.

A big thanks to @Dinafem-Mark and Dinafem for providing me with the seeds for diary :)

large.20180427_105133.jpg

One of each will be planted at two plots alongside some HSO beans. There will be a Bubba kush auto at each plot too, providing they germinate ok with me forgetting to freeze them after last year. I have faith though.

This is what I'll be using for soil prep and feed. The organic moisture retainer will only be used at plot 2, along with some coco, as plot 2 is sandy well draining soil.

large.5aec62d684343_calcifiedseaweed.jpglarge.15250956141313.jpglarge.potash.jpglarge.5aec62cb83706_seaweedmeal.jpglarge.5aec62bf88091_moistureretainer.jpg

I'll be starting them off in soil association approved  organic seedling compost sometime soon. I'm waiting for some biodegradable nursery bags to arrive which I'll sit inside pots for support until plant out.

large.15252488403450.jpg

Plot 1
This is a plot I used last year and have done well with it in past years. The only trouble with it is people shooting nearby in late season, hence I'm only doing autos this year so they'll be harvested before the shooting season starts (hopefully lol).

Here's the plot on entering from my usual way in

large.5aec6313a6fc6_plot1.jpg

Holes dug and fed with:
Potash 40g
Bone meal 50g
Calcified seaweed meal 70g
Handful of chicken shit pellets.

large_fed.jpg

Feeds mixed in to about a spade's depth and covered over with moss for camouflage. 

large.recovered.jpg

Plot 2
I've been looking all winter for some plots. As some of you will know I had my plot 2 from last year ripped and lost a monster plant. Found a few potential plots but all had their downfalls or risks. This is the best I could come up with and it could possibly be left alone until close to harvest as it's awkward to get to without being seen. However, I'll do my best to get to it for some updates :yep:

5 and half hours to tunnel into brambles and open an area of 5 x 3.5m. A much larger area than I need for a few autos but if it's successful it's there for future use. The soil is very sandy and there's no water source nearby so for this reason I've added some organic moisture retaining seaweed that is meant to hold many times it's volume in water, and also some cheap coco blocks have been left to expand.

My entrance tunnel looking from inside the plot

large.15247342802331.jpg.jpg

The whole plot

large.15247342650420.jpg.jpg

Holes dug and fed with:
Potash 40g
Bone meal 70g
Calcified seaweed meal 70g
Organic moisture retainer 200g
Handful of chicken shit pellets

large.20180430_142426.jpg

The feed was then mixed in to a spade's depth and a 10L coco block left on each hole to expand. They'll all get a feed of seaweed meal on plant out.

I'll update when I pop the seeds.
Good luck to all gg'ers out there this season :yep:

• Like 15

Looking good mate, I hope you get some more of them monster autos like you grew last year! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my slow progress.

The nursery bags I ordered from China never arrived.  Ordered some more from the UK that I never sourced before and they should be here today or tomorrow.

Then the beans can hit the dirt :D

• Like 3

Thanks for getting your Dinafem outdoor adventure up and running mate :yep:

I've checked your plot prep out over on the HSO sub-forum and as expected it looks spot on :bong:

You have last season's crown to defend so best of luck brother  :yep:

This is going to be a blast ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

@Moobman

Thanks for looking in dude, you got a grow on this year?

@beezee

They are just like fabric pots but white and a lot thinner, and they're biodegradable  so the rootball should have plenty freedom to explode.

I'm gonna sit them in small pots or plastic cups until  plant out. They've arrived but I messed up with the size. I ordered 80mm by 100mm but this is the flat area. When you open them out the diameter is only about 50mm :doh:

Should be ok though for 10 days.

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers mate, everything has been a bit rushed at the last minute with not being able to find decent plots sooner. Hopefully everything should be ok but I'm not sure how much direct sunlight I'll get at the new plot 2 :)

• Like 6

Cool that's sort of what I had in mind, interested to see if they work out as I imagine the roots could get damaged transporting them. 

• Like 4

@beezee

That's what I thought with them being smaller than expected, that they'll be loose in their protection pots and get damaged in transit. I think they'll fit nicely in some small plastic disposable cups. If not I'll wrap them in some cloth and put back in the pots/cups so they don't move around ;) I'm hoping it works anyway lol

• Like 4