Automatic Airborne Assault 2018

The Sheriff of Nottingham

1 hour ago, bluntz27 said:

Yeh same mate, been doing dinafem for 3 years now. always top quality buds. :yinyang:

Touche! I also find their strains very, very mould resistant, which is clearly from them selecting the most mould resistant plants out of a batch and backcrossing them to create strong, resistant plants at like F5. An example would be the Dinafem OG Kush which I had come down in early November with only about 1% mould. In November! Whereas I had another OG Kush (that wasn't from Dinafem), which rotted to fuck in late October! Like 90% rotted. I won't say what breeder that one was from. But I think a lot of Dinafem's stuff is F5 or F6, and selected for resistance as much as potency. So the strains are pretty solid all around. Can't fault them. But I have certainly learnt to steer clear of some breeders out there, which are nowhere close to Dinafem in my opinion. The Dina gear seems to tick all the boxes - potency, yields, finishing times, mould resistance etc. Can't fault it.

• Like 3

I know what you mean mate. Ive only ever done dutch passion and seedsman before that.

Respect to you for taking the ladies outdoors for real sunshine. :smokin:

• Like 2

On 07/09/2018 at 3:07 PM, bluntz27 said:

Yeh same mate, been doing dinafem for 3 years now. always top quality buds. :yinyang:

That's what we like to hear and so glad we have not let you down :yep:

@The Sheriff of Nottingham Nice to see harvesting has started now your early hard work is starting to pay off and just like any good outdoor grower you are already scoping out plots for next season's adventures  :yep:

As buds start to dry you'll have to drop back in with a few weights if you don't mind?

The season is not over yet so I'll drop back in on the next update :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bluntz27 said:

@Dinafem-Mark Never mate, blue kush, og kush, critical +/c+2, ww xxl/ww. have always been consistant and genetically perfect for me. Thankyou dinafem!! :) 

No problem brother  :yep:

Glad our genetics are serving you well  ;)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

A few more shots from the White Widow XXL auto...

large.img_9293.jpg

large.img_9294.jpg

large.img_9309.jpg

And the Blue Kush auto...

large.img_9305.jpg

large.img_9314.jpglarge.img_9311.jpg

And now on to the Quick Critical which is budding up really quick, true to it's name...

large.img_9337.jpg

large.img_9325.jpg

large.img_9324.jpg

large.img_9353.jpglarge.img_9352.jpg

large.img_9346.jpg

Dry bud shots coming in the next update...

:yinyang:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bluntz27 said:

:clapping:bloody hell that critical is HUGE!! How you chopping it chainsaw or axe? :thumsup:

lol yeah I know mate. This strain is ridiculously vigorous! She wasn't even germinated until 22nd June, after the summer solstice, and was planted around 5th July. Yet she has grown to that size in about 10-11 weeks! She grew about 5 feet in August alone! Imagine if I had started her 2 months earlier, in late April. Instead of it being a late plant out, in July, as was the case with this Quick Critical.

Yet again, Dinafem genetics setting a benchmark here. I haven't weighed the White Widow XXL yet, but she is looking to be around 3-4 ounces dry. The best bud to leaf ratio I have ever seen, on any outdoor plant. Had my first smoke of it last night, and it is fantastic! Banging high grade! Exceptional mould resistance on the WW XXL as well. Not a spec of rot on it. Also, I didn't document it, but I had an auto from a different breeder in that same plot, and it was about 30-40% moulded. Speaks volumes about the quality of genetics, and Dinafem as a breeder... ticks all the boxes. 

• Like 2

yeh @The Sheriff of Nottingham, they are excellent, the only strain from dinafem that moulded bad was sour diesel auto it was a monster bud bout 2 ounce on a stick and lost half of it due to white mold. Should of cut it up to dry, but it looked effing amazing  :wallbash:  you live and learn.

• Like 2

That white widow auto xxl had a fair size stem brother :yep:

Nice to see she's down and drying ;)

Now onto quick critical  ;)

I'm going to say that "quick" strains are going to be the way forward for UK growers. Such a bad climate for outdoor growing which makes autos perfect and appealing. With quick critical you should get a much faster finish, which should help reduce bud rot and allow a faster harvest time. 

I'm hoping late September to early October will see this strain finished. 

This is her first outdoor season and so far performing very well indeed and as expected  :yep:

Thanks for the update brother, I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Cheers mate @Dinafem-Mark the White Widow is dry now and I have been sampling some of her. Fantastic smoke! I'll do a review soon. I skinned up a joint of it the other day and it was the most high that I have been in about 2 months! Definitely more potent than the Sour Diesel auto that I have been smoking lately. It could be on par with the C+ 2.0 auto, but that is very hard to beat. I'll have to give my final verdict after a longer cure. 

As for the Quick Critical, I will be visiting her tomorrow for an update. She should be in week 3-4 of flower now, somewhere around that. So yeah, I see an early October harvest on this. Definitely the way forward for us outdoor growers in cooler, wetter climates. Mind you the Dinafem OG Kush & Cheese that I cut down in late October/early November 2 years ago, didn't have any mould on them either. Unfortunately I couldn't say the same for some of my other stuff from other breeders that came down the same time. So it's definitely the strong, reinforced Dinafem genetics that keeps the mould at bay, as much as it is the weather or finishing times. 

Off the back of my success with the WW XXL, I'm going to have another shot at the Moby Dick XXL next year. See if I can beat the WW XXL in terms of size and potency lol I did have a Moby Dick XXL in a hanging basket this year, but it was one of the ones that got hit by slugs back in May. So need to have another crack at that. Going with the Amnesia XXL next year as well. And of course the Gorilla auto ;) one gorilla in a basket, one gorilla in the 'Dinatopia' plot and another in the cornfield. Dinatopia, where the Quick Critical is located, has already been prepped for next season and awaiting spring... :) 

• Like 1

Check out this serpent...

large.screen_shot_2018_09__y2KHE.jpg

large.screen_shot_2018_09__g8XtG.jpg

large.screen_shot_2018_09__RhAUa.jpg

Also been having a lot of issues with Hornets this year...

large.img_9390.jpg

large.img_9394.jpg

And now onto the Quick Critical, which is roughly in week 4 of flower...

large.img_9425.jpg

large.img_9476.jpg

large.img_9458.jpg

large.img_9435.jpg

large.img_9421.jpg

large.img_9504.jpglarge.img_9503.jpg

large.img_9491.jpg

I can't get any shots of the main coala and the top of the plant, as she is about 9 feet tall now. If she was germed in late April, instead of late June, I can see this plant being a 15 footer. Easy. 

Hard to say how long she has left to go.. would you say about 2 more weeks? @Dinafem-Mark

large.img_9497.jpg

large.img_9498.jpg

large.img_9456.jpglarge.img_9454.jpg

large.img_9433.jpg

I also have another problem... we have a massive storm rolling in tonight, with winds of 50-60mph forecast. Our record wind speed for September is 48mph, so tonight may be a record breaker for wind speed. We're going to get at least 50mph, which is quite concerning. When you consider that 25mph was enough to snap the Quick Kush back in August, then I definitely have reason for concern. Especially if it does reach 60mph winds, with 55mph forecast for 1-2am according to BBC weather.

Fingers crossed it survives, but I am worried for her. On my recent visit, I attempted to stabilise the plant better by tying it to support stakes, and using string to anchor it down. I'm not convinced this will hold though, as the plant was still blowing like crazy, all over the shop, and the wind was only around 20mph at that time. Can't imagine what 50-60mph would do to it! I have already lost one side branch and the worst is still to come. It's getting very windy here now, around 30mph. The rain is starting to fall too. All the chillies and potted plants have come inside. Here we go. :unsure: 

Wish me luck... and I will see you on the other side. 

• Like 7