large.IMG_8689.JPG

large.IMG_8688.JPGlarge.IMG_8687.JPG

large.IMG_8697.JPG

large.IMG_8677.JPG

large.IMG_8693.JPG

Quick Critical+ (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8691.JPG

large.IMG_8698.JPG

This is the top of the Quick Critical+. Still no signs of flowering as of yet. It still looks to be in pre-flower, which has been the case for going on 3 weeks now...

large.IMG_8680.JPG

large.IMG_8683.JPG

The side branches are starting to get hammered by critters. That is expected every year though, of course...

large.IMG_8682.JPG

large.IMG_8692.JPG

Plenty of lateral growth and side branches on this now... it will definitely be a heavy yielder.

large.IMG_8678.JPG

large.IMG_8681.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark Do you know if these Quick strains are F1’s from an auto x photoperiod cross? Or have Dinafem taken the resulting F1’s and back crossed them to F2 or F3? I know that would drastically reduce the autoflowering trait as it would be photo x photo at F2 onwards. That would maybe explain why they are taking longer to start flowering...?

The reason I mention that... is that my Sweet Seeds FV's (auto x photoperiod) have been started later (1st July) and they are always going into full flower by mid August.

This Quick Critical+ definitely seems to be a bit later than their versions and probably won't start flowering for another week or, two. Which is why I wonder whether the F1's have been backcrossed? Or it could just be a later phenotype, that is more photoperiod dominant, than autoflowering. From my understanding, F1's can lean either way to more autoflowering, or more photoperiod dominant. At least i think...?

Anyway, that's just my observations on this strain so far. The growth and vigour has been outstanding. It's just taking a bit longer than expected to start flowering...

White Widow XXL auto (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8674.JPG

large.IMG_8669.JPG

large.IMG_8667.JPG

large.IMG_8660.JPG

large.IMG_8666.JPG

Blue Kush auto (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8663.JPG

large.IMG_8676.JPG

Groupshot...

large.IMG_8665.JPG

large.IMG_8675.JPG

I have overestimated the timescale on the cornfield autos. I was anticipating a first week of September harvest on these, but by the looks of things, they will be coming down in August.

The white hairs have all but disappeared, where the buds have now fully formed, and THC is being caked on with each passing day. It’s hard to say how long they have left exactly, as they are only about 7 weeks old, but they are looking almost done in my opinion. Maybe another 10-14 days? I will try to let them go another 2 weeks, at least (to week 9), but I can see these being chopped last week of August.

In previous years, the earliest I have chopped autos in the cornfield, has been last week of September, which would make these Blue Kush and White Widow autos the earliest cornfield plants, by a month! But then again, they were started 2-3 weeks earlier than normal, and vegged at a different spot before transplant. Maybe they got more sunlight hours and sunlight intensity due to the earlier start (closer to summer solstice), shaving off a week or so in growing time. That’s just a theory though…

Anyway, until the next time :bong:

• Like 5

Absolutely pissing it down this morning. Getting a bit worried as I have 3 autos out that are in week 7-8 now and getting quite heavy with buds. And it has been damp and humid in general the past week or so, which might force my hand with harvesting in the coming week.

Despite being bulletproof last year, I found two tiny spots of mould on the C+ 2.0 auto on the last visit, but it was more on a leafs than the actual buds. But it has me fearing the worst with all this damp weather. The Critical is in a spot that it is quite a bit more mould prone than the cornfield. It is scheduled for harvest in the last week of August, but I might bring that forward a week. Hard to tell with these though as it has only been 7-8 weeks (7 weeks for cornfield autos), yet they almost look ready. Pretty sure they need another 2 weeks still though... weather depending.

• Like 3

So another week has passed... 

And it is starting to feel like autumn is creeping in...

large.IMG_8841.JPG

The Quick Critical which was germinated in late June, is now standing at around 7 foot...

large.IMG_8821.JPG

large.IMG_8825.JPG

large.IMG_8824.JPG

This Quick Critical is finally kicking into flower... with all side branches showing the first signs. This marks the first week of flower, and buds aplenty should be visible on my next visit... 

large.IMG_8822.JPG

By my reckoning, this should be finished around 6 weeks from now, which puts us into the first week of October. Possibly second week. I don't want to be cutting anything later than October 10th this year, so we will see how she finishes up. Fingers crossed she fattens up nice and quickly, as she is supposed to. So far I can't fault the growth as she went out very late for a photoperiod, in late June, and has managed to grow 7 feet in about 8 weeks. More or less a foot of growth each week! She is definitely vigorous!

Critical+ 2.0 auto (8 weeks old)

large.IMG_8827.JPG

large.IMG_8826.JPG

large.IMG_8829.JPG

large.IMG_8837.JPGlarge.IMG_8835.JPG

large.IMG_8839.JPG

I have removed a lot of the fan leaves on this Critical+ 2.0 auto to help improve airflow, as I am noticing some mould in several spots. Nothing significant, but enough mould spots to warrant a slight cause for concern. I will almost certainly be chopping her on my next visit, I suspect... at around 9 weeks. She looks pretty well cooked already, but I want to leave her another 5-7 days, if possible. Weather and mould permitting. She stinks of mint and perfume. This plant looks almost identical to last year's Critical+ 2.0. And if the smoke and potency is anything like last year's, I am in for a banging treat with this one...

Eery skies as rain get's ready to fall...

large.IMG_8830.JPG

Blue Kush auto (7-8 weeks old)

large.IMG_8810.JPGlarge.IMG_8806.JPGlarge.IMG_8814.JPG

White Widow XXL auto (7-8 weeks old)

large.IMG_8817.JPGlarge.IMG_8816.JPGlarge.IMG_8812.JPGlarge.IMG_8807.JPG

large.IMG_8815.JPG

Groupshots...

large.IMG_8809.JPGlarge.IMG_8808.JPG

large.IMG_8818.JPG

@Dinafem-Mark I would appreciate your input mate regarding harvest times for these autos. The White Widow XXL for instance, looks about ready for the chop now. Yet she isn't even at 8 weeks old yet, I make it 7 weeks, 4 days... or 53 days since germination. She has only been flowering for 4-5 weeks. Surely she can't be ready this early? And yet she looks almost fully cooked. Even the lower branches look almost done. What are your thoughts...? Chop now? Another 5-7 days? Another 10-14 days? No mould yet so I could push her another week, easy. Pointless if she's done already though... what do you reckon?

The Blue Kush auto on the other hand is a little bit behind the WW, with the lower buds looking a lot more underdeveloped than the main coala. The divide between upper and lower bud maturity is much wider on the BK than on the WW. And the main coala on the Blue Kush is not looking quite as advanced as the White Widow. I would say she is maybe 5-7 days behind her sister. I will try to leave her another week, but I need to stay on top of mould wth this BK as the buds are tighter and more compact. I have noticed a spot or two of mould on this today, lower down on the plant. I will say this though, the Blue Kush auto stinks waaaaay worse than the WW XXL though!!! Proper fruity, blueberry smell. Can't wait to sample both!

The Critical+ 2.0 auto will get chopped this weekend coming I think mate. Unless you recommend an additional week...? :yinyang:

• Like 5

On 13/08/2018 at 9:04 PM, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

The reason I mention that... is that my Sweet Seeds FV's (auto x photoperiod) have been started later (1st July) and they are always going into full flower by mid August.

This Quick Critical+ definitely seems to be a bit later than their versions and probably won't start flowering for another week or, two. Which is why I wonder whether the F1's have been backcrossed? Or it could just be a later phenotype, that is more photoperiod dominant, than autoflowering. From my understanding, F1's can lean either way to more autoflowering, or more photoperiod dominant. At least i think...?

Anyway, that's just my observations on this strain so far. The growth and vigour has been outstanding. It's just taking a bit longer than expected to start flowering...

White Widow XXL auto (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8674.JPG

large.IMG_8669.JPG

large.IMG_8667.JPG

large.IMG_8660.JPG

large.IMG_8666.JPG

Blue Kush auto (7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8663.JPG

large.IMG_8676.JPG

Groupshot...

large.IMG_8665.JPG

large.IMG_8675.JPG

I have overestimated the timescale on the cornfield autos. I was anticipating a first week of September harvest on these, but by the looks of things, they will be coming down in August.

The white hairs have all but disappeared, where the buds have now fully formed, and THC is being caked on with each passing day. It’s hard to say how long they have left exactly, as they are only about 7 weeks old, but they are looking almost done in my opinion. Maybe another 10-14 days? I will try to let them go another 2 weeks, at least (to week 9), but I can see these being chopped last week of August.

These we have totally removed the autoflowering trait and it was done over 5 generations of breeding, the aim is to leave a faster flowering strain, photoperiod dependant. 

The only part of the "auto" gene is the ability to flower faster, producing a yield 10-15% faster but not auto or earlier to enter bloom.

Critical enters bloom anytime now so will quick critical. The main thing will be quick critical will be done atleast 2-3 weeks faster than her critical parent  :yep:

Let me have an ask around the breed team to see if these would be classed as f1,f3 etc :bong:

I know you like your info buddy  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

On 20/08/2018 at 9:03 PM, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I would appreciate your input mate regarding harvest times for these autos. The White Widow XXL for instance, looks about ready for the chop now. Yet she isn't even at 8 weeks old yet, I make it 7 weeks, 4 days... or 53 days since germination. She has only been flowering for 4-5 weeks. Surely she can't be ready this early? And yet she looks almost fully cooked. Even the lower branches look almost done. What are your thoughts...? Chop now? Another 5-7 days? Another 10-14 days? No mould yet so I could push her another week, easy. Pointless if she's done already though... what do you reckon?

She can be done and dusted in 60 days brother so your right on track. 

Do you have a scope to check trichome development and colour? 

Typically 65-77 days is more normal for auto white but we have seen finishes in 60-63 days from germination. Looks like you got a fast pheno my friend  ;)

Keep the updates coming brother, we love your work.

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

These we have totally removed the autoflowering trait and it was done over 5 generations of breeding, the aim is to leave a faster flowering strain, photoperiod dependant. 

The only part of the "auto" gene is the ability to flower faster, producing a yield 10-15% faster but not auto or earlier to enter bloom.

Critical enters bloom anytime now so will quick critical. The main thing will be quick critical will be done atleast 2-3 weeks faster than her critical parent  :yep:

Let me have an ask around the breed team to see if these would be classed as f1,f3 etc :bong:

I know you like your info buddy  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers for elaborating on that for me mate. That has clarified things plenty now. Don't worry about making enquiries about what F stage it is at, it's not really relevant. And you are probably busy enough as it is. I now know that it has been bred over 5 generations and does not have any autoflowering traits, as you say. It's just much faster and more efficient at budding up. Cheers for explaining that part.

I wasn't sure because some of the photo x auto F1's go into flower around late July/early August, so I wasn't sure if that was the case with this one. But it turns out it flowers at normal time, like a normal photoperiod, but is just much quicker to finish the flower cycle. So hopefully I will be chopping in about 5-6 weeks then ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

Cheers for elaborating on that for me mate. That has clarified things plenty now. Don't worry about making enquiries about what F stage it is at, it's not really relevant. And you are probably busy enough as it is. I now know that it has been bred over 5 generations and does not have any autoflowering traits, as you say. It's just much faster and more efficient at budding up. Cheers for explaining that part.

I wasn't sure because some of the photo x auto F1's go into flower around late July/early August, so I wasn't sure if that was the case with this one. But it turns out it flowers at normal time, like a normal photoperiod, but is just much quicker to finish the flower cycle. So hopefully I will be chopping in about 5-6 weeks then ;) 

Exactly brother, she's going to take 45 days to bloom instead of the normal 56 so 6 weeks should see this lady cooked. Possibly 7, depending on when she enters/entered bloom  ;)

Should be a interesting on mate and one we are watching with interest  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

She can be done and dusted in 60 days brother so your right on track. 

Do you have a scope to check trichome development and colour? 

Typically 65-77 days is more normal for auto white but we have seen finishes in 60-63 days from germination. Looks like you got a fast pheno my friend  ;)

Keep the updates coming brother, we love your work.

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers for that advice. I will have a check on my next visit, probably on Sunday, and I may well take the main coala, or the whole plant if it is done. It definitely did not look far off being ready, on Monday. And another 4 days have passed since then. Soon to be a week come my next visit. I should think it would be fully cooked by then. So I will probably chop regardless, given that you say it can finish in 60 days. It just seemed abnormally early to me... given that it's not even week 8 yet... not that I am complaining though lol as that is insanely quick. And I think she may be my best looking auto ever, possibly...

I might also chop the main coala of the Blue Kush auto on my next visit, if any more mould is starting to take hold. It was only a little spec or two on my last visit, but I don't want to risk it. I don't want to lose the main coala because she absolutely stinks! And the weather isn't great right now, or over the next few days. I will chop the main coala if any more mould has popped up. So far the Dinafem strains have been extremely mould resilient though. They have definitely stood up to the cooler, wetter weather.

The C+ 2.0 auto will be getting cut tomorrow I think. At least the main coala anyway. I want to get it down before the rain arrives. Strong possibility of showers tomorrow evening and rain all day on Sunday. It looked fully cooked on my last visit anyway, at 8 weeks, so no point leaving it. Taking a bit of a risk in doing so as the plot is slightly swampy, and buds are obviously quite close to the ground, being an auto. So not as much of a breeze reaching them. So I'm going to go ahead and crop this tomorrow. Very similar looking to the C+ 2.0 I did in the basket last year. Very uniform strain. :yinyang:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Exactly brother, she's going to take 45 days to bloom instead of the normal 56 so 6 weeks should see this lady cooked. Possibly 7, depending on when she enters/entered bloom  ;)

Should be a interesting on mate and one we are watching with interest  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Cool. I'll get some dry bud shots up in the coming days of the Bubba and the Diesel. I have got into the habit of mixing them both into spliffs together, for a crazy smoke lol 

You'll also see some harvested bud shots from the C+ 2.0 auto, possibly tomorrow. No doubt there will be some harvested WW pics coming within the next few days as well. Both are practically ready for the chop. And one is getting chopped tomorrow :smokin:

• Like 1

Okay, so I chopped the C+ 2.0 auto today at 63 days since germination...

Super quick, just like the WW XXL. These Dinafem autos are by far the quickest plants to finish, that I have ever grown. They definitely seem to be getting quicker every year!

large.IMG_8915.jpg

large.IMG_8918.jpg

Main coala before the trim...

large.IMG_8919.jpglarge.IMG_8916.jpg

And here she is trimmed up (a bit)...

large.IMG_8920.jpg

I chopped one of the lower nugs as well, which almost looks done... absolutely caked in THC, just like the C+ 2.0 auto that I did last year...

large.IMG_8921.jpg

I only chopped the main coala, and have left the side branches to go another week, maybe... but mould is moving in. It doesn't help that this is a bit of a swamp plot, so not ideal as we move into autumn. This is what is left, which is still quite a bit lol 

large.IMG_8917.jpg

As always, the Critical+ 2.0 auto delivers. Nice big buds covered in THC, very quick to finish and very good in the mould resistance department. Like I said, this plot is far from ideal given it's swampy nature, but she has withstood the wet, humid weather over the past few weeks during flower, and I have reaped the rewards. And my God does she stink!

That's two years on the trot now, that the C+ 2.0 has over-performed for me. This is an exceptional strain, that will no doubt be on my list again next year as well. You can't go wrong with this one. Both last year and this year, my Critical+ 2.0 autos were only getting about 5-6 hours of direct sunlight, which is far from the ideal 12 hours. Yet they have delivered the goods. Big yields for autos. I simply cannot fault this strain. I have to say, at this stage it is the best auto strain I have grown, in terms of potency, yield and mould resistance. Dinafem have hit the nail on the head with this one. 10/10. 

And this is only partially harvested...

large.IMG_8922.jpg

I went for a little climb as well. Scouting out some new spots to put a hanging basket or two next season... 

large.IMG_8923.jpg

large.IMG_8925.jpg

I have found one really good spot (not the pictures above), where I intend to put 2 baskets wth Dinafem strains next year. Already getting excited for next season now lol 

I am gong to be going all out with autos in 2019, with staggered plantings between late April - early July. I will compensate for the cooler weather on the early plantings, by giving them all day direct sunlight from dawn to dust. I'll probably start some in a glasshouse as well to help with temperatures. But the quality of autos now, has made photoperiods redundant in my eyes. At least for me. I know the photos obviously yield a lot more due to a longer growing season, but I just much prefer a July/August harvest. And the auto buds this year are incredible! :smokin:

Dinafem is the best breeder out there IMO @Dinafem-Mark fantastic, potent, early genetics. Can't wait to see that auto Gorilla next season ;) 

• Like 6

Chopped some White Widow XXL at day 60. 

large.IMG_9031.JPG

large.IMG_9018.JPG

large.IMG_9027.JPG

large.IMG_9029.JPG

large.IMG_9032.JPG

Daaang, these buds are frosty!

large.IMG_9039.JPG

large.IMG_9035.JPG

I only chopped a small bit. Some of the main coala, and a few side branch nugs. I will go back for the rest in the coming days... but my goodness, this WW XXL is a frost factory. Not the smelliest of plants, but certainly one of the best looking!!

Here is the Blue Kush auto at day 60. I'm chopping the main coala at 65 days. 

large.IMG_9022.JPG

large.IMG_9021.JPG

large.IMG_9023.JPG

I also harvested the second round of Critical+ 2.0 auto a week later, fully cooked...

large.img_9059.jpg

Unfortunately, caterpillars have got to the C+ 2.0 auto, eating into some of the remaining buds and making holes, causing mould to form around the damaged sections. This is really annoying... 

large.img_9052.jpg

large.img_9054.jpg

But I still managed to harvest a large amount of bud on this C+ 2.0 auto, and I still have a bit more to go back for which still needs a couple more days to finish up... meaning 3 staggered harvests in total on her. This auto has yielded really well. I would say it is in the 2 ounce region.

This is what I took today... all lower branch nugs... as I took the main coala over a week ago now...

large.img_9068.jpg

Just a word on the C+ 2.0 auto... Fuck me! She absolutely reeeeeeks. No chance of drying it at your house without a carbon filter. In terms of smell, it is a solid 10/10. This is without a shadow of the doubt the smelliest plant I have ever grown. A real skunky, sweaty, cheesy stench. My goodness! This one definitely smells stronger than the C+ 2.0 auto that I grew out last year. Both plants look exactly the same though. What's more is that I have grown the C+ 2.0 photoperiod a few years ago, and the buds off that didn't stink anywhere near as much as the buds on this auto version. I mean bloody hell. I would say one nug from this would let off the smell equivalent of 10 Sour Diesel autos nugs. It is just insanely stinky. I wouldn't want to grow this in my back garden, that's one thing for sure...

Here is the Quick Critical... in week 1 of flower...

large.img_9043.jpg

large.img_9042.jpg

large.img_9046.jpglarge.img_9045.jpg

large.img_9056.jpg

large.img_9062.jpg

• Like 8

Here is the White Widow XXL auto, after the main coala had been harvested... still plenty of side branches left on this thing (which have also since come down now)... 

large.img_9087.jpg

After the main coala had been cut off...large.img_9082.jpg

These are some of the frostiest buds I have ever seen outdoors, ever... the pictures do not do it justice...

large.img_9093.jpg

large.img_9084.jpg

large.img_9108.jpglarge.img_9107.jpglarge.img_9104.jpg

large.img_9123.jpg

Some fantastic genetics in this WW XXL - seed to harvest in 60 days, MASSIVE yields (looks like 3-4 ounces), buds CAKED in THC, zero mould. Providing it smokes well, it will get a 10/10 from me. A fantastic plant all round. Hard to beat. Dinafem have really struck gold with this one. The main coala alone was a good meter in length lol 

Blue Kush auto 

large.img_9083.jpg

large.img_9097.jpg

large.img_9117.jpg

large.img_9101.jpglarge.img_9100.jpg

This girl absolutely stinks! It reeks way more than the WW XXL! 

I left some of the Blue Kush branches to go a few days longer, but took the main coala due to mould fears. It looked fully cooked anyway. But some of the lower branches had been slightly affected by mould. It's opened up the canopy a lot more for airflow to get in as well, by removing the main coala...

large.img_9103.jpg

Here are some more pics of the Quick Critical, starting to bud up everywhere now...

large.img_9140.jpg

large.img_9137.jpg

large.img_9138.jpg

large.img_9146.jpg

large.img_9142.jpg

:yinyang:

• Like 6

On 9/2/2018 at 1:28 PM, bluntz27 said:

hi, @The Sheriff of Nottingham. Great growing! I love growing autos from dinafem always good quality. Happy growing mate  :bong:

Cheers mate! And yeah, Dinafem have converted me into an auto person. I definitely think it will be autos all the way next year. I have 7 jars full of Dinafem buds already, and more still drying. That's only from a handful of autos as well...

• Like 2