Automatic Airborne Assault 2018

The Sheriff of Nottingham

Okay, so the bottle autos are doing great. The OG Kush CBD auto will be chopped in the coming days and has done really, really well. Plenty of buds covered in crystals on this thing. She looks different to the one I grew last year as well. Can't fault it one bit though!

large.IMG_7815.JPG

large.IMG_7817.JPG

large.IMG_7816.JPG

The Bubba Kush auto is still a week or two away yet, but is doing fine...  considering she lost her main coala due to the nitrogen burn. The coala just died so I removed it. The ferts were way too strong so I hold my hands up. Like the OG Kush CBD though, lots of bud sites and side branches on this Bubba still so it's all good. These two should give me a decent yield considering they are my 'early' autos. 

large.IMG_7820.JPGlarge.IMG_7819.JPG

large.IMG_7824.JPG

The focus is fucked on my camera so it's hard to get decent close ups as it just blurs. Hence why most shots aren't close ups. 

The Sour D auto is looking great. She is about 2-3 weeks into flower now and still putting on size and side branches. I can tell this one is going to be a cracker. I think she might finish bigger than the C+ 2.0 auto I did in the basket last year. I reckon she has another 4-5 weeks to go. Really can't wait for this one though. More so than any other plant I have going this year.

large.IMG_7848.JPG

large.IMG_7850.JPG

large.IMG_7838.JPG

large.IMG_7841.JPG

large.IMG_7839.JPG

large.IMG_7843.JPGlarge.IMG_7840.JPG

large.IMG_7845.JPG

Despite the baking hot heatwave and drought conditions, the slugs have still managed to get to one of the plants. The Quick Kush has been hammered in the past few days. It was the biggest of the 3 plants, but it has had it's main growing point eaten completely fucksake. I have gone slug pellet crazy now. It should recover, but it is a bit of a setback seeing as it will begin flowering in a few weeks now that we are in July already.

large.IMG_7827.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 auto

large.IMG_7828.JPG

Quick Critical

large.IMG_7829.JPG

Quick Kush (slug attack)

large.IMG_7831.JPG

Blue Kush auto (10 days old - cornfield bound)

large.IMG_7854.JPG

White Widow XXL auto (10 days old - cornfield bound)

large.IMG_7852.JPG

:oldtoker:

• Like 6

A small update...

Harvested the OG Kush CBD auto at around 9 weeks. She is currently drying. I notice this one has a very fruity, almost bubblegum like smell. The one I did last year was more 'kushy'. Can't wait to sample her, either way. Could have done better with this, if it wasn't grown in a 1.5L drinks bottle and nute burned lol 

large.IMG_7931.JPG

large.IMG_7930.JPGlarge.IMG_7933.JPGlarge.IMG_7934.JPG

large.IMG_7926.JPG

Side branches drying outdoors, with the main coala in the cupboard.

large.IMG_7935.JPG

The Bubba Kush auto is still around a week or so from finishing. I can see this one going a good 11 weeks. 

large.IMG_7923.JPG

large.IMG_7929.JPG

large.IMG_7928.JPG

large.IMG_7920.JPG

Oh and we have 'lift off' in the cornfield... Blue Kush auto and White Widow XXL.

large.IMG_7936.JPG

large.IMG_7940.JPGlarge.IMG_7939.JPGlarge.IMG_7938.JPG

The other plants are doing well. The Sour Diesel auto is really coming along now. I think she will be ready in about 3 weeks. I'll get some pics of the Sour D on my next plot visit as I got spooked by a helicopter flying over low and dashed out before stopping for pics, in case I got spotted.

The Quick Kush that got munched is recovering, but still looks a bit of a mess. Although she has been topped by the slugs so she is growing outwards more.

The Quick Critical is doing it's thing, although not growing quite as vigorously as the tried and tested Critical+ 2.0 auto which is going into growth overdrive. It was my best auto last year, and the strongest auto I have grown yet... will it be a repeat again this year? 

large.IMG_7919.JPG

:yinyang:

• Like 7

The Bubba Kush auto in the 2L bottle has been chopped today, meaning she went a good 11 weeks...

large.IMG_8074.JPG

large.IMG_8078.JPG

large.IMG_8080.JPG

Trimmed some of these buds up...

large.IMG_8075.JPG

large.IMG_8076.JPG

And now drying...

large.IMG_8077.JPG

A few more pics from the other day...

White Widow XXL

large.IMG_8022.JPG

Blue Kush auto

large.IMG_8021.JPG

19 days old...

large.IMG_8024.JPG

Sour D auto

large.IMG_8036.JPG

large.IMG_8035.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 auto

large.IMG_8031.JPG

Quick Critical

large.IMG_8030.JPG

Quick Kush

large.IMG_8032.JPG

• Like 8

Alright there @The Sheriff of Nottingham

When I heard about this growing up trees malarkey I thought you were on to a winner, perhaps with a bit more prep you can smash it next time.

Tho that said it was nice to see some more ladies out in the ground :yep: hopefully they take right off.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

Cheers mate @Jibba jabba

Yeah I made the mistake of being naive this year, to think that slugs and snails couldn't reach the hanging baskets. They didn't last year, but this year they managed to get to them. The little slimy sods got 2 of my 3 baskets. That Sour D auto is the sole survivor. 

I wish I put pellets down to begin with, but now I know to use slug/snail protection from the get go next year. I don't have to worry about cages though, as deer, rabbits, badgers etc obviously aren't a problem for a basket in the trees. It's all just a bit of fun as well doing these basket grows lol 

Take care mate. 

• Like 4

Sour Diesel auto (63 days from seed)

large.IMG_8136.JPG

large.IMG_8135.JPG

Sour Diesel side branch

large.IMG_8137.JPG

I reckon I have another 7-10 days left to go on this Sour Diesel auto. Hard to say at the moment though, as it could be less. Or more. I know it is going to fatten up a lot more in the coming days now. And the trichomes are piling on. We are at 8 weeks now, but I will probably try to push it to 10 weeks, weather and mould permitting. I anticipate an August 1st harvest on this.

Critical+ 2.0 auto (25 days old)

large.IMG_8131.JPG

large.IMG_8132.JPG

Quick Critical (25 days old)

large.IMG_8129.JPG

large.IMG_8134.JPG

Pre-flowers are starting to appear on the Quick Critical, during week 4. This should finish by mid September. 

Quick Kush (25 days old)

large.IMG_8130.JPG

large.IMG_8133.JPG

This Quick Kush well ahead of the Quick Critical in terms of flowering. She is behaving almost like an auto, going into flower around week 3-4, but the growth has been very vigorous, despite a fairly severe slug attack on this Quick Kush, just 2 weeks ago. She is doing very well. I am anticipating an early-mid September harvest on this, when you factor in the flowering duration. 

large.IMG_8128.JPG

I think because these 'early' strains weren't even germinated until after the summer solstice, it has meant that the declining light hours has put them into flower nice and early. Almost too early, given the late start. If they were germinated in early May (instead of late June), they would have got 8 weeks veg instead of 3, and they probably would have started flowering a week or so before these ones, in early-mid July. But it was a late release by Dinafem, as in late on in the season, so the start date was not in my control. Nonetheless, I can report that these are doing well. They're probably only getting 4 hours of direct sunlight a day as well, so they are doing pretty darn well... @Dinafem-Mark

And now onto the cornfield...

Blue Kush auto (21 days old)

large.IMG_8139.JPG

White Widow XXL (21 days old)

large.IMG_8138.JPG

The Blue Kush auto and WW XXL are really thriving in the cornfield, with supplemented hand watering. Every year the cornfield always produces. Both are already well into flower, and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up my best plants of the season. Not bad for 21 days old. These will easily double in size in the next fortnight. Looking at an early-mid September finish on these. 

large.IMG_8140.JPG

• Like 6

Sour Diesel auto (9 weeks old)

large.IMG_8258.JPG

large.IMG_8255.JPG

large.IMG_8263.JPG

large.IMG_8269.JPGlarge.IMG_8267.JPG

I harvested the main coala, but will let the rest of the plant go another 5-7 days. 

large.IMG_8261.JPGlarge.IMG_8260.JPG

large.IMG_8275.JPG

Blue Kush auto (4 weeks old)

large.IMG_8247.JPG

large.IMG_8244.JPG

White Widow XXL (4 weeks old)

large.IMG_8248.JPG

large.IMG_8243.JPGlarge.IMG_8251.JPG

• Like 7

A bit of bad news unfortunately on this update. Off the back of a record breaking heatwave and drought, we got hit by some stormy weather and 100kmh winds that managed to snap the stem of the Quick Kush. I arrived to the plot to find it on it's side, lying on the ground, with the stalk attached by literally just a thread. I attempted to prop it back up and tape it, but the the thread was severed in the process, completely detaching the plant at the base, so there was no saving this one and it is done for. Bloody annoying. First plant I have ever lost to wind damage.

The Critical's in the same spot both took a bit of wind damage as well, and are leaning slightly due to the wind, but they're fine besides that. I have put up a bit of support around them as well to try and prevent this from happening again. Everything else is doing fine. The Quick Kush is a bad loss, but I can't have many complaints this season. It has gone relatively well.

Sour Diesel auto - second (staggered) harvest at 10 weeks

large.IMG_8365.JPG

large.IMG_8369.JPG

Critical+ 2.0 auto (5-6 weeks old)

large.IMG_8370.JPGlarge.IMG_8364.JPGlarge.IMG_8363.JPG

Quick Critical (5-6 weeks old)

large.IMG_8362.JPG

large.IMG_8360.JPGlarge.IMG_8361.JPG

White Widow XXL (4-5 weeks old)

large.IMG_8376.JPG

large.IMG_8384.JPG

large.IMG_8372.JPG

Blue Kush auto (4-5 weeks old)

large.IMG_8382.JPG

large.IMG_8374.JPG

large.IMG_8381.JPGlarge.IMG_8377.JPG

:yinyang:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

hit by some stormy weather

Alright there sheriff :cowboy:

Thats unlucky mate, no one likes to see that, the rest look grand tho.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there sheriff :cowboy:

Thats unlucky mate, no one likes to see that, the rest look grand tho.

Thanks mate. Yeah, but as unlucky as that it is, I suppose you have to account for at least 1-2 losses a year. The wind isn't something I can control.

On the whole, this season has gone fairly smoothly. I can't exactly have many complaints. The rest of the plants are looking good, as you say. 

All the best pal. 

• Like 2

You have the right attitude for an outdoor farmer brother. Every season is a mystery as we are playing in mother nature's sand box and we all know how unpredictable this can be ;)

Nice to see the early autos being harvested with the remaining autos looking good ;)

Sorry to hear about the snapped quick kush. These winds were crazy. Could you not clone her where she snapped?

Everything else is looking on point my friend and I'll be back in on the next update to see how things are going :)

Until then ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

You have the right attitude for an outdoor farmer brother. Every season is a mystery as we are playing in mother nature's sand box and we all know how unpredictable this can be ;)

Nice to see the early autos being harvested with the remaining autos looking good ;)

Sorry to hear about the snapped quick kush. These winds were crazy. Could you not clone her where she snapped?

Everything else is looking on point my friend and I'll be back in on the next update to see how things are going :)

Until then ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Good to see you around old pal. I hope you're feeling good and refreshed after that much needed break! You certainly picked the right time to step away, with the weather we've been having this summer! Great time to kick back, and chill. With a spliff lol 

Regarding the Quick Kush, she was definitely a write off. I had gone to the Isle of Wight with the mrs and baby, the day before the storms started, and didn't get back to the mainland until 3 days after the storm hit, so it had been snapped and lying on the ground for a few days I'm guessing. Slugs and critters had got to work on the leaves. I remember being up at night in the B&B, the night the storms hit, worrying about my plants back home, as the wind and rain lashed against the windows :unsure:. And the next day it was all I could think about, seeing the twigs, leaves and branches in the street, outside our B&B. I was genuinely preparing myself for the worst when I got home.

I was actually kind of relived to see that there wasn't more damage. I thought the cornfield ones would have been damaged for sure as it gets quite windy in that spot. But just the one casualty overall thankfully, the Quick Kush. The idea of cloning it didn't even cross my mind at the time. I suppose because it is quite late on in the season, and this Quick Kush was actually about 2 weeks into flower as well (very early compared to the Quick Critical), so that would have posed a problem I think, if vegetative growth had stopped pretty much, and flowering had began. Or is it okay to clone flowering plants?

And if I didn't get naive about slugs back in May, I would have had another 2 hanging baskets being harvested right now as well. Makes you wonder... But I am already planning for next year. I've got a new auto plot scoped out, my best yet, that I want to see full of some monster, THC infused Dinafem autos next summer. Wouldn't mind seeing a 'Gorilla auto' in there next June, if you catch my gist ;)  

All the best mate!

• Like 1

Or is it okay to clone flowering plants?

For sure this can be done but you will face 1 issue. The plant will not only need to root but revert back into a vegative stage. This could take longer than rooting a clone taken in the veg stage :yep:

And if I didn't get naive about slugs back in May, I would have had another 2 hanging baskets being harvested right now as well. Makes you wonder.

You were going off last season brother where you had no slug issues so it was logical that none would occur this season but as we know logic and outdoor growing do not mix lol

Next season you'll be more prepared for the critter attack and prevention  :bong:

Wouldn't mind seeing a 'Gorilla auto' in there next June, if you catch my gist ;)  

Hmmmm. Interesting ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Lot's of staggered harvests on these autos this year... round 3 here....

large.IMG_8539.JPG

Lower branch nugs, eh :wassnnme:

large.IMG_8540.JPG

Right, now pop on your seatbelt.... things are about to get 'auto crazy'....

Critical+ 2.0 auto (6-7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8541.JPG

large.IMG_8543.JPG

large.IMG_8544.JPG

Quick Critical (6-7 weeks old)

large.IMG_8545.JPG

large.IMG_8547.JPG

large.IMG_8548.JPG

large.IMG_8546.JPG

White Widow XXL auto (6 weeks old)

large.IMG_8525.JPG

large.IMG_8535.JPGlarge.IMG_8533.JPGlarge.IMG_8530.JPG

large.IMG_8528.JPG

Blue Kush auto (6 weeks old)

large.IMG_8526.JPG

large.IMG_8536.JPG

Groupshot...

large.IMG_8527.JPG

large.IMG_8537.JPG

I am looking at a harvest on the 3 remaining autos during the first week of September. Could be as early as 1st September, as I reckon they have 3-4 weeks left. Not bad considering they were planted out at the end of June, to replenish losses. The Quick Critical is still yet to start flowering properly, so I envision an October harvest on this one.

2018 will officially be 'the year of the auto' for me. No need to wait 5-6 months for a photoperiod to finish, when you can harvest quality auto buds in 2-3 months and still fill the jars. Less risk, less time in the ground, less management, less plot visits and you're harvesting in a far better window, before the autumn rain and cold arrives, and subsequently mould. Loving the autos this year!

Thanks you Dinafem for these fantastic auto genetics! The buds I am harvesting this summer are better than indoor. Fingers crossed we get this weather next summer as well!!!!!! :yep:

• Like 4

On 06/08/2018 at 7:06 PM, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

Thanks you Dinafem for these fantastic auto genetics! The buds I am harvesting this summer are better than indoor. Fingers crossed we get this weather next summer as well!!!!!! :yep:

You are more than welcome my friend and your doing a fantastic job this season with our autoflowering genetics  :bong:

This was a mass auto update, and also showing our quick critical growing well in the UK climate ;)

I do think that autos are the way forward with outdoor growing as you can get multiple harvests, take up less room and you can time the finishes to your needs :yep:

Thanks for showcasing a lot of our Auto line this season mate, your doing a fine job  :bong:

Until the next outdoor update  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1