Automatic Airborne Assault 2018

The Sheriff of Nottingham

Okay, I best get this diary up and running. Off the back of a colder than average winter, especially later on in the season, spring has now finally come on leaps and bounds in recent weeks, prompting me to get some early autos out. This year my grow will be relatively small in contrast to recent years, but it definitely will not disappoint! I will be using only the finest Dinafem autoflowering genetics, and I plan on doing the backbone of this grow up in the trees. :ninja:

Also, a big thanks to the man himself, the legend, @Dinafem-Mark who kindly facilitated the contribution of beans towards this diary. Below are the two autos that I currently have... OG Kush and OG Kush CBD running side by side, in a bit of a comparison. These are some early plant outs, especially for autos, so I do not anticipate massive harvests off either of them, which is also why I have gone with a slightly controversial grow medium. 2L bottles all the way for these two. I will attach these in the trees from rope in the coming days. Should give me a nice early harvest in late June / early July. 

Here is the regular OG Kush auto...

large.IMG_7069.JPG

And here is the OG Kush CBD auto...

large.IMG_7068.JPG

large.IMG_7067.JPG

I had cleared a new plot back in March for some autos, but when I went back to it a few days ago, I could tell someone has been there as the foliage is moved and there is a slight path in the vegetation where there shouldn't be one. And the most obvious red flag of all, footprints in the mud around my site, which clearly shows someone has stumbled across this place, or at least walked through it unknowingly. Thankfully they found it now though, and not several months down the line when it is full of budding plants. Not wanting to risk it, I have had to abandon the site in favour of another location, which also means I am now behind on my prep now, at the new site.

I best get my arse in gear because I have Bubba Kush, Critical+ 2.0, Moby Dick XXL & Sour Diesel autos going out in the next few weeks. I will update on these in due course... :bong:

• Like 6

Thanks for getting your 2018 outdoor adventure up and running mate and nice to see you back for another season :yep:

I do agree with @zero that plastic bottles especially see though/transparent will not be a good choice due to the root exposure to light :yep:

Hopefully this is temporary until they go in the ground  :yep:

Most definitely better to have a potential plot found now and not 2-4 months down the line :)

Good luck this year my friend.

We will be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Right, lets get an update going as it's been a while...

Below are the OG Kush and OG Kush CBD autos... pics were taken about a week ago...

large.IMG_7235.jpg

large.IMG_7230.jpg

OG Kush auto

large.IMG_7231.jpg

OG Kush CBD auto

large.IMG_7233.jpg

Here are the other autos which are starting to roll out now. They are Bubba Kush auto, Moby Dick XXL auto and Sour Diesel auto...

large.IMG_7236.jpg

These 3 autos will be up in the trees by the next update... :smokin: 

• Like 10

Please tell me you'll be taking the plants out of those transparent bottles mate? That's not the best idea due to the root exposure to light ;)

Can't wait to see some Dinafem girls floating in the tree's  ;)

Until your next update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, the past few weeks have been a bit hectic for me. I have just moved house, so I am now in a new area, and I also had to fly out to Perth for a family funeral 10 days ago so I have been out of the country. Safe to say, the weather has been a lot better back home, than it was down under when I was visiting. Everything is growing great here. Not just the canna. I can't believe how good this spring has been, and how warm May was!!! 

Anyway, these pictures are a few days old now... but better late than nothing... 

OG Kush auto and OG Kush CBD auto

large.IMG_7430.jpg

large.IMG_7425.jpglarge.IMG_7424.jpg

large.IMG_7435.jpg

OG Kush auto

large.IMG_7434.jpg

OG Kush CBD auto

large.IMG_7427.jpg

large.IMG_7431.jpg

Mark, after seeing your comment I did decide it was best to take them out of the 2L plastic pots, but by then the roots were too firmly established. I was going to cut them out but I came to the conclusion that I will end up damaging the roots and doing more harm than good. Ultimately I should have put them in proper pots to begin with, but these were just some early plant outs using last years seeds, so I wanted to have a bit of fun with them. They are flowering fine now, so not concerned by the pots that they are in... I have also coloured the outside of the pots black which should help a bit...

Here are some of the other autos that are going out in baskets...

Sour Diesel auto

large.IMG_7422.jpg

large.IMG_7423.jpg 

Bubba Kush auto

large.IMG_7418.jpglarge.IMG_7419.jpg

Moby Dick XXL auto

large.IMG_7417.jpglarge.IMG_7420.jpglarge.IMG_7421.jpg

• Like 8

On 03/06/2018 at 7:35 PM, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I have also coloured the outside of the pots black which should help a bit...

That will help a ton mate and should stop any light hitting those roots  :yep:

Nice to see that the plants are now hanging, super cool concept and can't wait to see how this plays out this outdoor season :bong:

Thanks for the outdoor and basket update. Lovely work ;)

As the terminator said "I'll be back" lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Right, so regarding that silly 2L bottle project thing I was doing... well... they're growing, but I just wish I put them in normal pots in the first place. It looks a bit silly.

I also fucked up when giving them their first feed as well, as it was too hot, and gave both plants some nitrogen burn. They are fine now, but they took a slight setback. Both plants are nearing 5 weeks old, but the OG Kush CBD auto is at least a week ahead in flowering, compared to the Bubba. 

Here is the Bubba Kush auto...

large.IMG_7573.jpg

And here are some snaps of the OG Kush CBD auto...

large.IMG_7574.jpg

large.IMG_7575.jpg

Sorry about the poor light quality but the flash is fucked on my phone and it was about 9:30pm when I stopped by at my plot. Both plants have also been affected by nute burn, as the feed I gave them was too strong. Also, I notice I have been calling the 'OG Kush auto' when it should have been Bubba Kush auto. 

Buds forming on the Dinafem 'Fruit auto' freebie that I got... this went into natural soil with no prep, but has been hammered by slugs. 

large.IMG_5089.JPGlarge.IMG_5088.JPG

Now I have some bad news... 2 of the 3 hanging baskets have been decimated by the slugs and snails. When we had that rain 2-3 weeks ago, they came out in force and got onto the baskets and ate the Bubba Kush XXL and Moby Dick XXL seedlings. That kind of disproves the theory that they are safer in the air than on the ground, but then again, both of those baskets that got munched were resting up against the tree trunk, at an angle, whereas the Sour Diesel auto was in a basket hanging/dangling from a branch, and probably harder to access. I did see snails in on the leaves and trunk of Anyway the damage on , but on the positive, the Sour Diesel auto is untouched and looking good. 

Sour D auto

large.IMG_7576.jpg

large.IMG_7578.jpg

large.IMG_7585.jpg

I have more rolling out to replenish losses... Dinamex auto, Blue Kush auto, Moby Dick XXL, White Widow XXL, last year's saviour - the tried and tested Critical+ 2.0 auto and 2 other Dinafem new releases. Did anyone say corn?

large.IMG_7577.jpg

Doing everything small, on the quiet, and on the downlow this year... hence my absence and lack of commitment this year, what after the past 12 months... I've got to play it safe. 

• Like 7

Well your having an eventful season to say the least brother  :)

You are 100% correct that clear pop bottle was not the best of ideas now you know for next year lol

Sorry to read that the slugs have attacked the hanging baskets and your correct. I would have thought with them being elevated this would have eliminated or reduced this issue, I guess not. 

So this year so far we know slugs will still attack the baskets and never to use a clear container to grow in  ;)

Apart from these issues the buds you have showed look good. Starting to get a nice crystal coverage and like any outdoor grower you have back ups in play :)

Until next time mate. Stay safe out there  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Quick update...

It's really hot here at the moment. Like baking. We have now had 5 consecutive days above 28C and no rain for about 3 weeks. I went to visit the Bubba Kush auto and OG Kush CBD auto again as I am having to water them every 3 days now, as opposed to every 5-7 days before. They'e both in full bloom. About 3 weeks left tops, I reckon. The OG Kush CBD auto is definitely a week or two ahead of the Bubba Kush auto though. Not bad for autos started outdoors in April... 

large.IMG_7649.jpg

large.IMG_7645.jpg

large.IMG_7654.jpg

The Sour D auto is coming along good. She's about a month old and budding up now nicely. I'm expecting her to double in size still between now and August, just as the C+ 2.0 auto did last year under the same conditions. 

large.IMG_7663.jpg

Quick Critical (NEW)

large.IMG_7657.jpg

Quick Kush (NEW)

large.IMG_7656.jpg

Critical+ 2.0 auto

large.IMG_7658.jpg

I'm taking a bit of a risk leaving these uncaged... but the area is walled in by thick undergrowth. No chance of a deer, badger, fox, or rabbit getting in here so I'll take my chances. 

large.IMG_7660.jpg

Blue Kush auto and White Widow XXL waiting in the wings... it's nearly that time of year again... :naughty:

large.IMG_7669.jpg

• Like 9

Nice work on getting out to the plot mate and the ladies will most definitely appreciate the extra water especially over this last month. It certainly was a very dry June and July looks set to continue this heatwave  :yep:

The sun is fantastic for the plants but the lack of water could start to become an issue as the season progresses. Keep visiting those ladies with water in hand and come harvest time they will repay you ;)

Thanks for the outdoor update mate I'll drop back in the next  :headbang:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jack010 said:

@The Sheriff of Nottingham

Have you been back to these yet, how are the seedlings doing in this sun.

I visited mine this week and a few where close to dying.

Weathers set to stay for a while as well

Hi mate, yeah I checked on them again two days ago and gave them all a good water, especially the hanging basket. I have more pics to upload but I might just wait until the next time I visit before doing an update.

The ones in the ground looked fine, in fact they have grown quite a bit in this hot, dry, sunny weather. They certainly didn't look affected at all by the heatwave, despite the soil being a bit on the dry side. I am keeping them watered though. Actually, I have planted these in a marsh/bog sort of area, so there is plenty of moisture in the soil. When we have a wet/washout summer, this area can become waterlogged and not so great for growing, but this year it's obviously not a problem. More like a blessing in disguise. 

Hopefully your girls pick up again mate. This summer has been brutal so far, by British standards...

1 hour ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

This summer has been brutal so far, by British standards...

Its bonkers, there's a stream near two plots and lucky enough I dug a big hole at the side of it and then a trench to the hole, the stream is now just a few mill of water flowing so I wouldn't have been able to put anything in to fill up. Thank fuck I dug that hole otherwise those two plots wouldn't have had a drink.