Little Green Men (and Big Green Girls)

• 2 weeks later...

@zug Budding up really well buddy ;)

She's taking a beating from the weather but still going strong ;)

Harvest is getting closer, not long now :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark. 

• Like 1

@zug Stunning colours coming from our Blueberry headband  :bong:

Definitely one pretty lady in full bloom ;)

Keep the outdoor updates coming mate  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Thanks @HSO-Mark 

Speaking of colour...here are two Blueberry Headband at our recently visited plot. Turns out we have 4 left as there was only 1 at the plot that we lost.

large.5bbd25e385644_2018-10-0923_03_39.jpglarge.5bbd26ba2c44d_2018-10-0923_05_41.jpg

:yinyang:

Edited by zug
  • Like 7

@zug Beautiful colours brother :yep:

Any idea how much longer they have left in bloom?

Thanks for the plot update mate  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

I can see them going into November...possibly one might be ready late October...the smaller one above looked a bit further on than the others.

So we have 2 of these at 2 Plots...Which proves that eggs in baskets saying. So glad we split the strains up well among the plots this year.

• Like 2

Well, no update this week as we've got too much processing to do in the dry room to make it out to the plots. Need to make space for the next harvest. So I'll update next week when we'll visit 2 Plots to hopefully harvest all remaining plants including our HSO girls. So out there we only have OG kush (Dinafem) OG Kush (HSO) and Blueberry Headband  (HSO) remaining.

• Like 2

@zug No problem brother. It's a busy time of the year especially for the outdoor grower  :yep:

Updates can wait. Get those plants down, dry and Jared  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Time to wrap this one up and report on the final couple of harvests. Just OG Kush (Both HSO and Dinafem) and Blueberry Headband were left out there to harvest, spread over two plots. Off to TFZ we went first, 2 weeks back now and with high hopes plants would be ready and swollen with bud due to the sunny October weather.

When we cheked the Blueberry Headband monster bush, we could see the buds needed another week or two but worse, they looked really sickly and were infected with mould all over the place.  Gutted,  as she'd been the most vigorous of all in veg and was shaping up to be a big yielder, but unfortunately flowered too late and succumbed to the damp conditions at TFZ. Didn't take photos of her it was that bad. 

Her sister at TFZ produced loads of really tiny buds, a lot of mould again but less on this one. Again needed more time but would have moulded to nothing so we cut what we could from both.

The OG Kush at TFZ was closer to being finished, probably could have done with one more week, but again mould had taken hold so we chopped her down. Nicer fatter buds but probably lost 40-50%. Also no pics of the OG, she was one ugly mofo at the end :bag:.

So, not feeling optimistic we headed to the other plot the next night to harvest 2 Blueberry Headband and about 8 OG Kush (1 HSO). 

The plants here were much better on the eye and had suffered far less mould, maybe 5% overall. We've realised TFZ is a bit of a mould haven and not well ventilated as it has trees all around blocking airflow. 

The Blueberry Headband has to be the most beautiful plant we've grown, despite its bad performance flower wise in thd UK....check her out:

large.5bd82e2ab4ea7_2018-10-3010_08_54.jpg

large.5be35e7a73618_2018-11-0721_13_19.jpglarge.5be35e8a9feeb_2018-11-0721_12_33.jpglarge.5be35e9c21fb2_2018-11-0721_15_04.jpg

The other one here we lost the top half to stem rot :furious: but harvested the lower buds... immature but coated in resin none the less.

The OG Kush here was nice, decent enough yield bit would have liked to push her further, but had to bring them all home:

large.5be35ea64b2c9_2018-11-0721_14_14.jpg

So a huge thanks to @HSO-Mark for giving us the opportunity to grow these two strains. They've been a pleasure to grow, but a bit of a pain to harvest.

I wouldn't recommend either as an outdoor uk strain unless you are way down on the south coast. I bet they are amazing to grow at lower lattitudes but I'm afraid the uk climate does not seem to suit due to them being slightly too late to flower here.

I'll post up a smoke report and some dry bud shots here soon as what we did harvest does look nice.

Edited by zug
  • Like 8

A massive thank you to the 2 aliens @zugand @Andromedian For running some HSO ladies this outdoor grow season  :yep:

I've seen this quite a bit this season. With plants not performing as expected and it's all been plot related. 

If memory serves The Forbidden Zone typically does well but this year that plot failed. What a strange season.

Atleast plot 2 came through and I must say that Blueberry Headband is one of the prettiest plants I've seen from the 2018 season ;)

Have you found that plots that tend to preform well other years have done poorly this year?

Hopefully you will both be back next season rocking more HSO strains and I know you'll be doing some Dinafem White widow auto somewhere :yep:

Thanks for the diary boy's. 

Who knows you may place in the top 3 :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@HSO-Mark

Now that they've had a chance to dry for a few weeks, I can report back on the smoke. Happy to say, very nice on both fronts although I prefer the OG Kush.

Og on top, Blueberry Headband underneath:

large.5bfeb5e180217_2018-11-2010_43_37.jpg

Blueberry Headband 

large.5bfeb5f5a249b_2018-11-2010_42_52.jpg

OG up close :

large.5bfeb608b5fc9_2018-11-2010_44_20.jpg

All very nice considering they were cut early. Blueberry is sweet but not a blueberry flavour (night have developed in the final few weeks). The OG more lemony and stronger.

Would love to try both grown indoor!

Peace all...until next year.

• Like 3