legalisation what would you want in

phenom

5 hours ago, phenom said:

So we don't want it legalized just better to get hold off with no repercussions 

that sounds like an oxymoron lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cambium said:

I know it's not harmful, but that isn't the point. A point that I'm not sure I'm explaining very well because you keep talking about how it isn't dangerous. It's uniqueness doesn't come from its ability to not kill us is another way of putting it :unsure:

I just think it's important to be specific and it feels like we kind of agree, but I'm maybe adding another layer into the discussion. As in yes, we should be able to access the biological resources of the earth without fear of prosecution, but IMO within the plant kingdom, Cannabis is unique and more specifically, it has unique properties.

i totally get what your saying :) it has 'abilities' to interact with you

but m not sure that warrants it being not treated like a weed?  its just a weed thats different so we/you treat it different (respect not regulation)

its only a hundred years ago (or a bit more) that the idea of this very conversation would have been 'totally bizarre'

it was just a very productive everywhere plant with many every day uses and thats how people viewed and used it ..all normally with common sense and respect

then they took it away, waited a hundred years or so, profiteered from it sprayed it i gold and are selling it back to us at $100,000 mark up and everyone thinks it great! lol 

brand new second hand !

thats my very simplfied view of it anyway lol  :stoned: 

its just a plant!

• Like 1

@Cambium

I take your points, well made they are too! But.... But ..... I cannot sit back and merely grow when kids like Alfie Dingley are dying for want of cannabis. I doubt very much that you can either ;) It is the uniqueness of cannabis that makes it essential we go all out for decriminalisation. Whatever the cost. Cambers mate, we've met, and I think I am right to say we are in some way good "friends". And god knows as you do too, that I have said for decades now that Growing is the most potent activism there is; the rejecton of law. And rightly so. But when we see a case like wee Alfie Dingley, then for me that meme goes clean out the window and into the trash. The Alfie file makes it essentail we do more. We can't duck this one. If we try, then I believe wholeheartedly that our moral integrity as a movement of growers will be compromised, and even completely destroyed.  And when that happens, we have no future. We will be seen as lawless hippies whose sole cocern is their next "high". Dirty, lawless hippies. The Governments teatment of Alfie and his family is a disgrace, it is a declaration of all out dirty war against us. Dirty hippies will be of zero use in this dirty war. But if we hold fast our integrity, our high moral values, then we will win, because we will be as light, uncovering the dark and dirty deeds of HMG. They are corrupt, they are "dirty". Only by being ourseves "clean", that is, open and honest and prepared to put our words into deeds of compassion and fearless humanity ~ undaunted and fearless at the prospect of paying the high price that could be our lot, only then can we not only fight, but WIN!

Young Alfie is a big Red Line in the sand of time. His case tears up the principles we have held to (quite rightly) for so long. The war just went dirty. Unless we change our tactic, we are sunk, lost and gone for ever. I am prepared to some out of the closet now. I have in fact already taken the first steps, by speaking about young Alfie's case all over the various social media, using my own name and details, and sharing how my own home grown cannabis has been my best medicine for ages. I have openly declared that I have been growing my own weed fro 20+ years. I'm now thinking long and hard about whether or not it would be helpful and wise to take the big step - taking off the Arnold Layne mask and going by my own name here on the UK's biggest and best grow site.

Time to stand up and be counted, come what may? I'm really beginning to think so, my friend.

8 hours ago, ritchtbiscuit said:

Like everything else. If your growing for your own/family use (not being sold) there are no restrictions on how many you can grow. No lists, no licence etc..

If its going to be sold to the public, then the same laws that apply to everything else being sold to the public would also apply. Apply for a licence, H&S, labelling, strength etc...

Government grown and regulated? No... Open to tender? Yes.

Co-op initiatives, clubs (not subject to licencing as not public sale)

Age limit for public selling 18? (medical / under guidance from doctor prescribe to any age)

No advertising

An attitude of tolerate rather than demonise or glamorise. It is what it is. 

And right is what it is, matey!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, BLhaze said:

Comparing cannabis to fruit and veg..... Seriously?! Yeah.... Ill fill my kids salad and fruit bowls full of cannabis and it'll be part of his five a day! Get real..... comnents like that make me want to keep it illegal!!

remembered now what I meant to say......lol

so we should all remain criminals because some people might not realise that you shouldn't put cannabis in a kids fruit bowl?:wallbash:

and yes my jars are still empty:dev:

• Like 1

@Cambium are you saying it shouldnt be treated like say a carrot because of its inherent therapeutic properties which other plants do not possess. Yes it is a very special plant, I grant you that, one of the most special, I agree.

Do you really think it is so different from many other herbal medicine which are currently not illegal to grow and consume? 

Yes cannabis isnt really like a carrot, carrots arent really a medicinal herb. Do I think it should be treated any differently to any other herb with healing properties? No

I have thousands of plants in my garden, most are toxic, hundreds could kill me, dozens can be used therapeutically but only one of them is illegal and requires any regulation.........jeez man ive got euphorbia in my garden that if you just touch and get a bit of sap on your skin it will put you in hospital, yet you think cannabis is the plant that needs regulation lol 

Im sorry but if I have a cannabis plant growing next to a datura, fever few, morning glory, salvia, kratom, hops, nutmeg, rhubarb, tomato, potato...........where does cannabis fit into that? The last four eaten wrong will kill you yet are seen as benign, the others can all get you in a far worse state than cannabis apart from perhaps hops without processing yet I can grow fields of them

How can you say one should be and one shouldnt?

Cannabis is unique in that it needs regulating how? Take a step back as a man of botany and ask yourself why you think it should be treated differently and then ask do you apply the same logic to plants of similar properties with a much higher toxicity rating than cannabis that are currently not illegal

I see where your coming from man but its backwards propaganda to feel the need to restrict and regulate cannabis in any way when you actually think about it

e2a. You can grow 1 plant that is deadly enough to kill dozens of people yet the non toxic cannabis plant that helps millions of people is the one that needs restrictions on growing it lol 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Young Alfie is a big Red Line in the sand of time.

Alright Arn. It could be. It's also a clear demonstration of what a unique and special plant cannabis is. Absolutely nothing like any other fruit and veg or plant in general.

The only objection I have to all this is the very specific point that I think we are spreading mistruths when we say this^^^. As I've stated already, I certainly agree that it should be treated by lawmakers in the same way that fruit and veg is, its our right as children of this earth, but the conversation does not stop, or even start there. If we say that cannabis has incredibly unique, special but unharmful properties and should be regulated in the same way that fruit and veg is due to its unharmful nature, then I'm on board. But if we say that Cannabis is just like fruit and veg and should be regulated as such, then I think that we are failing in our duty to properly communicate our understanding.

14 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

I'm now thinking long and hard about whether or not it would be helpful and wise to take the big step - taking off the Arnold Layne mask and going by my own name here on the UK's biggest and best grow site.

If only we could be ourselves on here mate. I'd love that. Chances are that it'd just end up with you're grow getting ripped though :(

4 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

are you saying it shouldnt be treated like say a carrot because of its inherent therapeutic properties which other plants do not possess

No, I've said quite a few times, that ultimately the ability to freely utilise the natural resources of the earth is about our only tangible birthright. There may be some confusion as to what I'm saying here due to the fact that I'm quite vocal about how I think the only path to normalisation is through regulated legalisation, but I didn't think that we were talking about that. I mainly hold this view because I am more than aware of the stigma attached to cannabis and have no doubt about the effectiveness of the propaganda war still being perpetrated by the MSM. Normalisation is a distant hope in this climate, a realistic long term goal, but not how we are going to start seeing Alfie get his oil. I think that it is a much more productive path to talk about the unique properties and healing ability of Cannabis. Why it is special, why it is relevant to us and why we should be able to freely access it.

It is different, acknowledge it's different, acknowledge that we are a minority, find some sort of compromise so that we can get into a position where we are not a minority and then let the normalisation commence. There are no dark secrets to be uncovered regarding Cannabis, the history of humankind is testament to that. But this way of going about it is IMO with recognition to how societies operate and the timescales involved in changing peoples minds. Even the righteous (us) have to compromise to get anywhere, there are just too many people on the earth to not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cambium said:

It is different, acknowledge it's different, acknowledge that we are a minorit

No, I wont Im sorry, go back 50 years it wasnt different or for thousands of years before that..........whats changed about the plant other than peoples perceptions of it?

I concede what I put out is a LOOOOOONG way off ever happening and agree that at the current moment that is certainly not how it will pan out, slowly slowly catchy monkey.

By all means have regulated medicinal cannabis, clean, tested, pharma grade..............should also be left to grow my own too though because at the end of the day its just a plant, as you know we dont swap to a biohazard suit and change watering cans when changing from tomatoes in the greenhouse to cannabis.

Dont forget to educate and tell the kids not to eat the tomato leaves

Tomato leaves are bad mmmmmmmkay

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

No, I wont Im sorry, go back 50 years it wasnt different or for thousands of years before that..........whats changed about the plant other than peoples perceptions of it?

Yes, one of the hardest things to change in societies, perception. This is my point.

By all means have regulated medicinal cannabis, clean, tested, pharma grade..............should also be left to grow my own too though because at the end of the day its just a plant, as you know we dont swap to a biohazard suit and change watering cans when changing from tomatoes in the greenhouse to cannabis.

It's hazardousness is irrelevant. My position doesn't rely, or not rely on cannabis being perceived as hazardous.

Dont forget to educate and tell the kids not to eat the tomato leaves

Tomato leaves are bad mmmmmmmkay

Again, irrelevant to cannabis being a unique and special plant. 

Edited by Cambium

Cannabis is psychoactive hence its always going to fall into the drugs category

Comparing it to carrots is a bit daft IMO, would you give a bud to an 11 year old kid? I doubt it and if someone was supplying your kid with bud teh vast majority of people would bnot be very happy even if they considered it harmless

As a hardcore stoner its easy to forget how powerful Cannabis can be, it can be quite an intense experience as I am sure everyone knows

As long as there are idiots like the below then Cannabis is going to be subject to controls and measures like all psychoactive substances  (that are common enough to be known by Joe Public)

You dont get the above happening with carrots lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Davey Jones said:

would you give a bud to an 11 year old kid? I doubt it and if someone was supplying your kid with bud teh vast majority of people would bnot be very happy even if they considered it harmless

lol  Only because you've been brainwashed to think this way Davey ;) 

On 06/03/2018 at 3:58 PM, botanics said:

But @Cambium, in doing so, you are merely becoming that which you fight against. 

Your intention to re brainwash folks is no better that the original brainwashing in the first instance...for what it's worth, I agree with you about how wonderful and essential to homo sapiens' future development, indeed, without utilisation of these plants/fungi, I believe we have no hope in the mid to long term.

Free will cannot be enforced upon another, however it can be suppressed by another and must be careful not to turn gamekeeper mate because of our ego's desire for a better world :yinyang:

I wasn't going to reply to this, but seeing as brainwashing has come up again.....

What is it you think I am becoming? Because if I am trying to fight against anything (and I'm not really sure I'm fighting at all, just arguing a point on the internet), it's what I see as reductionism of something that has become quite (unnecessarily) complicated.

How have I come across as wanting to brainwash people, or trying to enforce free will, or that I'm letting my ego get the better of me? Genuinely interested as I'd rather it didn't come across like that for obvious reasons lol

• Like 1

Its got nothing to do with brainwashing @botanics mate

Cannabis is one of the classic psychedelics, there is only 5. Its everybit the classic psychedelic too. The 5 classics all have an an unbelievable safety profile they are literally retard proof except for DMT if youre worried about death by astonishmenmt! lol

Cannabis is actually quite powerful stuff for the first time toker if you would give bud to an 11 year old child it doesnt say much about you to be honest its no different to supplying them with drink

• Like 4