legalisation what would you want in

phenom

36 minutes ago, twigs said:

the correct info is all i want too and claiming that cannabis is the out of this world thing is dissinfo imho

their are hundreds of plants that can kill you we use for food and decoration with no regulation

whats the diffrence.?

a plants a plant eh.? 

education is all thats neededd

You're coming at this from an opposite end to me I think. There aren't many people on this planet that think cannabis can kill you. At the very least they are a significant minority. If you look at it with this in mind, it's easier to understand why saying it's just like potatoes, or leeks isn't necessary. IMO it's just the other end of the spectrum. Extreme to combat a extreme.

I agree with you in the sense that we should be free to utilise the plant resources of the world as a birthright and cannabis should be viewed as part of that resource. But as always there is grey between the black and white. Cannabis sits firmly on this ground in regard to the concept we are discussing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, twigs said:

how can it be unique if their are other botanicals which are the same.?

and yes hydrangea heads went missing on-masse in Brighton 1 year (made the papers) when people realised they give the same high as canna.!

you/me/people have been led to belive cannabis is the only way to get naturally high but it isn't is it..

No other plant produces the range and variety of Cannabinoids and terpines that cannabis does. It is no surprise that other plants produce Cannabinoids given the spectrum of life that has some form of endocannabinoid system. I still maintain that Cannabis is unique and incredibly special in its abilities and it's relevance to humans. 

Yeah, there are trends that often involve stuff getting grubbed out of pensioners gardens. They're trends for a reason, there is something to it and it catches on, but I still don't think that this demonstrates a similarity to cannabis and it's abilities.

I'm pretty sure that I and billions of others have clocked the diversity of ways to get high man.I wouldn't say I was a pro, but I've had a good crack like lol anyway, I maintain that it is dissinfo to have as your main point that cannabis is like cabbage. It is a plant on this earth that we should be free to utilise, as we should be able to with all plants, but it is an astounding evolutionary creation that deserves a little pedestal of its own. Just like the psilocybe species of fungi, not unique in their ability to produce psilocybin, but certainly unique in their ability to deliver humans a unique experience.

• Like 5

lol 

its non-toxic how can it be missinformation lol

im not putting the smiles there to take this piss, just the situation around being aloud to grow and use a plant 

which is non toxic far far safer than pretty much any other plant on the planet

if you want it regulated you must insist the laws be applied to all plant life that can harm

or your being just as hypocritical as people that have banned cannabis.. :stoned: 

regardless of the relationship with humans

vegetables have a pretty important relationship with humans as they keep us alive.!

a plants a plant (the safest) and was given to us to use by mother nature 

who are you or anybody else to say i can not use that plant how i see fit and i must pay for it.?

as long as im not hurting anybody, stealing, or defrauding..?

• Like 6

But @Cambium, in doing so, you are merely becoming that which you fight against. 

Your intention to re brainwash folks is no better that the original brainwashing in the first instance...for what it's worth, I agree with you about how wonderful and essential to homo sapiens' future development, indeed, without utilisation of these plants/fungi, I believe we have no hope in the mid to long term.

Free will cannot be enforced upon another, however it can be suppressed by another and must be careful not to turn gamekeeper mate because of our ego's desire for a better world :yinyang:

• Like 4

Medical and not for profit coffee shops, charity local community benefits. Good starting place. 

Never going to see change because this would upset to many religious orders and anti drug types on both left and right of politics. If you want legal cannabis just leave the UK.

54 minutes ago, twigs said:

its non-toxic how can it be missinformation

I know it's not harmful, but that isn't the point. A point that I'm not sure I'm explaining very well because you keep talking about how it isn't dangerous. It's uniqueness doesn't come from its ability to not kill us is another way of putting it :unsure:

I just think it's important to be specific and it feels like we kind of agree, but I'm maybe adding another layer into the discussion. As in yes, we should be able to access the biological resources of the earth without fear of prosecution, but IMO within the plant kingdom, Cannabis is unique and more specifically, it has unique properties.

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 1

Like everything else. If your growing for your own/family use (not being sold) there are no restrictions on how many you can grow. No lists, no licence etc..

If its going to be sold to the public, then the same laws that apply to everything else being sold to the public would also apply. Apply for a licence, H&S, labelling, strength etc...

Government grown and regulated? No... Open to tender? Yes.

Co-op initiatives, clubs (not subject to licencing as not public sale)

Age limit for public selling 18? (medical / under guidance from doctor prescribe to any age)

No advertising

An attitude of tolerate rather than demonise or glamorise. It is what it is. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, buddy13 said:

I'm not so sure about that. the americans started this bullshit and look were they are now....not long to go till I can grow my organic herb without being whitewashed as a criminal.

Yeah, look at America.

Not sure the price is worth paying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cultivateur said:

By all accounts, hydrangea contains cyanide - in the same way as uncooked elderberries and apple pips :)

One guy deliberately killed himself a while back biting on a foxglove.

And deadly nightshade is all around. As are plenty of other poisons (Lilly of the Valley ?).

Not to mention poppies are pretty common ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

Yeah, look at America.

Not sure the price is worth paying.

I don't think they're fucked up because they've changed their stance on cannabis  ........which is what I was talking about....

Just now, buddy13 said:

I don't think they're fucked up because they've changed their stance on cannabis  ........which is what I was talking about....

Maybe their stance on cannabis comes *because* they are fucked up ?

5 minutes ago, buddy13 said:

@JimmyPage elaborate......

I was just saying that if the price of legal cannabis is to become like the US, count me out.

To be honest, I think the best form of activism is just (a) ignoring the law and (b) growing your own. It's what folk have done before us, some are still doing (hence UK420 :) ) and hopefully what our kids will do. Let the Daily Mail and Express circle jerk each other of with their "stories".

• Like 5

Cannabinoids are not the only elements that interact with the endocannabinoid system: https://herb.co/marijuana/news/non-marijuana-plants-contain-cannabinoids

We know the human body creates or naturally synthesises a broad range of things that chemists identify for their uniqueness, morphine, insulin, dopamine, in addition to cannabinoids... and, we know these things relate to other natural sources of the same or similar compounds in the stuff we eat and in the environment we are, ecologically speaking, a part of...

So, I think its a choice to single out cannabis on the basis of cannabinoids and a system within the human body much as it would be a choice to separate out seaweed and the thyroid, based on their relationships with iodine. Sure, they have very different effects in the human body, but they are the same in that they express a kind of unity between humans and the environment in which they evolved over a very long period of time... 

I'm no ludite, and I am not making a dreamers point; rather, there are 'truths' both to the point that cannabis is unique (because it operates in unique ways - it would not be much use if it did not) but its also true to say that it is much like other 'chemicals' in so far that they all interact with specific 'systems' within the human body - iodine is unique for the way it relates to the thyroid to produce thyroxine which, is uniquely responsible for growth in the body...

:v:

• Like 3