Grower not a shower

Ideally you want your extraction running 24/7 as the plant still needs fresh air with co2 but at this stage with only one seedling you'll be ok. When the plant gets bigger and you add your mate's plant in there the humidity will go up ;)

• Like 6

Here are a couple of pics from tonight.

im a bit worried about the spacing between the nodes, are they a little close together? Should I raise my light a little? It's currently 10" above  her. Also, the way the leaves are pointing down. I've had a fan blowing on her which I think could be the cause of this so I positioned it slightly  to the side so as not to ruffle her too much

ive given her two feeds today, once at 0600 and again at 2000. 200ml each time, ph6.0 ec0.5  large.921BEA91-1D80-47C4-A146-3B0FC0FA2348.jpeglarge.43FC69C9-72CA-4C95-9B85-61BE9C8144F5.jpeg

• Like 5

She looking good to me mate:smokin: the fan is fine it will just make your babys stem stronger the higher you put your light the more stretch you will get 10inc sounds fine good luck bro will take a seat for this one :haveadab:

• Like 4

Cheers for looking in @CASHMONEY28G

Good to know she’s looking healthy.

It’s been a bit of a slow start but looks like she’s gonna start to fill out now. 

• Like 4

Everything is looking spot on mate :yep: the internode distance is perfect :)

Let her get some root structure and we will see a much more vigorous growth phase kick in :)

She looks super health and happy  :)

Nice work so far and thanks for the update and added pictures, much appreciated!

Until next time mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

large.9426A1C5-06C6-4298-AA6E-EE89773328EC.jpeglarge.0E82866A-7B87-4B9C-8ACC-2A61F2C97922.jpegNot much to report over the weekend. She's been taking about 200ml every 24hours. I'm not letting the pot dry out, just feed when the pot feels half the weight from the last feed and making sure I get decent run off. I made up a litre of nutes including silicon and calmag, and once this is gone I'll give her a flush of just ph adjusted water before making up another litre. If I make up a litre at a time then it's not sitting around too long rather than a big batch and leave it sitting for weeks. 

Im struggling to keep temps up above 17-18c when the lights are off. Sometimes even as low as 15! I think I'm gonna have to get some kind of heat pad for her to stand on and at least try to keep the root temps up. But to be fair she doesn't look like she's feeling any ill effects of it. Blue cheese is a pretty hardy strain as far as I've read and the silicon should help a little too shouldn't it?

Edited by Grower not a shower
Add photos
  • Like 5

she thriving now mate:skin_up:I know people say don't let coco dry out but I been growing in coco for 7 years now I wise man told me letting your coco dry out a bit promotes root growth were your baby go into survival mode to search  for more moisture and food :fart: iv been doing this maybe every 2weeks and I have seen a difference in growth good luck mate :haveadab:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CASHMONEY28G said:

she thriving now mate:skin_up:I know people say don't let coco dry out but I been growing in coco for 7 years now I wise man told me letting your coco dry out a bit promotes root growth were your baby go into survival mode to search  for more moisture and food :fart: iv been doing this maybe every 2weeks and I have seen a difference in growth good luck mate :haveadab:

Cheers for the tip @CASHMONEY28G, I might try this just before I give her a flush. Let the pot dry up a little, flush with ph’d water, then back on the nutes. I was planning on flushing every 2 weeks anyway, just for 1 feed so this routine could fit into my schedule 

• Like 2

Cheers @Nitro420. If I can get anywhere close to your first yield but with hopefully better quality then I’ll be ecstatic! Haha 

im so sick of paying top dollar of shitey weed that I’m willing to put a lot of time and effort into making this a success. If I can manage to get her all the way through to harvest without fucking things up I’ll hopefully never have to pay for weed again. 

Its why I joined this forum. So I could learn and get advice from experienced growers to give me the best chance of maximising yield and quality. I knew if I made a diary and regularly updated it with pics as well as writing about what I’ve been doing then people would be interested and hopefully they might impart some knowledge along the way. And I must say it’s been amazing so far. I feel like I’ve learmed so much already and the photos of her prove that she’s coming along nicely. I may not follow every bit of advice but I take it all on board. Most of it I follow though. Things like the gas lantern lighting routine I found in @Green demon‘s signature. I’d never even heard of that before. I’d always assumed 18/6 then 12/12 for a photo cos that’s all I’d ever heard. But now I’m using it and with any luck the results will show at the end. 

Didn’t realise I’d rabbited on quite so much there.  I’m off for a smoke and a munch :skin_up:

• Like 7

You have some great growers to draw knowledge from on the UK420 platform and it will not be long until you can ditch the dealer and have a continuous harvest :yep:

She is coming along very well and with the members showing interest, trust me you will do fine my friend!

Thank you for taking the time to update your diary and for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Will pop back in on the next update to see how you are getting along. Until then :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 7

large.8C32C9FE-86DE-4FC3-B98F-8C72AF342BB1.jpeglarge.ACF5CA26-BD19-4BB2-817C-15A3C4565A3B.jpeglarge.90B4BA90-E52F-4222-8C69-071F9B4369BF.jpegnot much to write about over the past few days.

I’ve stopped feeding twice a day as I had been doing and now just going on the lift and weigh method. Once it feels light usually about 24 hours after feeding I give her another 300ml. This batch is ph5.5 (a bit low but still in the band for my nutes) ec0.7% and it looks like she’s loving it. Wonder if she’ll still be loving it when I chop her head off this week haha.

5th node is growing now so as soon as I see number 6 she’ll be getting topped to the 3rd and the training will begin. 

I’m not sure I’ll be putting my mate’s incredible bulk in next to mine as his looks like she’s stretched too much. Here’s a photo of her after she’s already been toppedlarge.10A60C42-DB44-4618-8F86-52077B6D473E.jpeg

• Like 3

So tonight was the night she got her first haircut.

The 6th node had just started to sprout so I broke out the cutters and got to work.

She’s now topped to the 3rd node with all other growth removed above and below. 

I whipped up another batch of nutes and have her a damn good watering to help her recover as quickly as possible. I added more than the recommended 7ml/ltr of the ionic coco grow as my to try to raise the ph and ec and it was 5.5 and 0.5 which I felt was a bit low. The bottle does say to add more nutrients so I added another 5ml to get Ph5.7 ec1.0. 

Here are are a few before and after shots

large.CB334CAC-A646-4285-924F-E483C2AF0BC2.jpeglarge.C43166D9-3C0C-42AB-B478-30AA07077DB0.jpeglarge.58EB11B5-0160-4877-AF35-EC5359715BB2.jpeg

• Like 4