Jibbers Hso jabber

Jibba jabba

On 12/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jibba jabba said:

if you think the plants would benefit from a dark period, it's an easy fix.

Again with the humidity I was under the impression that 70/80% was where I wanted to be

I have always been a firm believer that when growing indoors we need to try our best to emulate the outdoor environment. So in nature it is not very common anywhere on earth to get 24/0 lighting. I feel that 18/6 is perfect but my dad used 17/7 and my uncle 20/4 so it's all down to preferences and what works best for you  :)

With humidity again this is just me but in germination yes 80-85% is great but in veg I tend to like 65-70% humidity and drop this to 45-55% during bloom :) again this is just me and you need to do what is best for your environment and style of growing :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 4

Good morning uk420.

Over the last week I have been adjusting the positions of the fan and the heater, as I have observed a colder perimeter, so I have put all the little ones in the middle just above the heater, I have also moved the fan up, to try and move down a bit of the heat from the QB before it gets sucked out,and finally I directed some of the exhaust back into the veg side. Temps near the heater no lower that 21, but near the outer edges get down to 14 at lights out,so there's me problem, max temps have been 28.

large.IMG_2527.JPGThe cmog is coming on and is being fed every other day,2.5ml grow per 2ltr of council pop.

large.IMG_2528.JPG

The Asd has had a close encounter with the fan,so a little bit of leaf damage but that will be ok I am sure.She is being fed every third day at the moment.

The plan was to veg these out and flip them when my next lot finish, fairly soon, but alas they are well off from where they need to be, but luckily I predicted that I might struggle with the time frame so have also been vegging out some more Gsc which are almost ready to pot up into 6.5s, so I am going to say at least another ten weeks veg for these. It would be nice to have them done a bit quicker but Rome weren't built in a day, cheers take care Jj :yinyang:

• Like 5

On 27/11/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jibba jabba said:

The plan was to veg these out and flip them when my next lot finish, fairly soon, but alas they are well off from where they need to be, but luckily I predicted that I might struggle with the time frame so have also been vegging out some more Gsc which are almost ready to pot up into 6.5s, so I am going to say at least another ten weeks veg for these. It would be nice to have them done a bit quicker but Rome weren't built in a day

Always good to have a back up plan mate and an extended period of 10 weeks veg should give you some beasts when flower time comes :yep:

Yes the Amherst sour diesel looks to have a bit of wind damage from the fans but imo this gives the girls a little character lol

As these cold night's draw in you will find some adjustments will be needed to find the perfect place for the ladies in your grow environment it's all in the growing game and what makes this fun :)

So far the plants are progressing well :)

Thank you for taking the time to update your HSO diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated! :yep:

Keep up the great work mate and I'll see you in the next update  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning uk420.

Not a lot going on really, started to train the cmog last week, and I am gonna do some clones in the Not to distant future, at that point I'll start training the Asd, as I have previously said I am still having a battle with the mite, been treating them with neem and the cold, appears to be holding them back,for now.

Stillin there 1lrt pots will go up soon, First up the Asd,

large.IMG_2624.JPG

Second the cmog,

large.IMG_2623.JPG

And finally a shot  of my Gsc in with the pair of em,

large.IMG_2625.JPG

Thats it cheers.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 4

Personally mate I think it is time for a potting up  :yep:

They are at that size now where a bigger pot will be very beneficial and will allow you to train your plants easier :yep:

Not looking to bad and considering you are battling pests your doing fine :)

As usual thank you for the thread update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1

Afternoon all at uk420,

Been bloody cold round my way this past week,and I am glad to say the shed roof is holding a lovely frost on it.

Both plants got potted up earlier this week and are moving on a bit now.

I have decided to flower in the 3.5 pots as I am gonna really need to flip my other plants soon, and I reckon I can squeeze them in with them, so another week or 2 in veg I'll play it by ear till then.

Also I have already changed sides so they have been under 300watts,and better heating.

Temps have been a low of 19, high of 26.5, and that's full power,I hope it doesn't get any colder.

Right then pictures large.IMG_2671.JPG

Asd as you can see I have gone for the bend it over twice and top it approach, I'll probably give it a bit  more bending next week once them side shoots have popped up.large.IMG_2670.JPG

Now the cmog where I have gone for the standard top, top and if I doubt top again approach,large.IMG_2672.JPG

As you can see lots of shoots in the centre and lower down to catch up,large.IMG_2673.JPG

As I said I'll flip once there's a bit more growth, might even chuck a net over the lot as them Gsc don't like standing up.

Both of em have been on the same feed. They are getting 2.5ml per 2ltr a&b and had some blood worn boan meal granules on pot up,they are now being fed every day about 3/4 of a ltr each with slight run off.

While I am banging on,I might as well add that I made a diy reflector for my Qbs. Basically got a sheet of aluminium cut it in half,then bent the length with a 25mm edge on it then screwed a strip of stainless steel as the frame work for both boards, not amazing but the f ing light coming off the thing..... and it only cost my dad about £4, didn't cost me fuck all, but that's how I roll.

Cheers take it easy folks.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

Cheers @botanics I still have the odd bit of mite here and there but I am persevering with the neem oil, it is knocking them right back but they just keep appearing, I have been treating every plant every day at lights out, removing leaves with them on and spraying the shit out of the rest,I might invest in some Harkers but don't really want something that heavy and nasty if you know what i mean,:geek: cheers .Jj:yinyang:

• Like 2

Hi mate,

sorry to see you're battling spider mites too. I've been playing the same game. Harker's is the only thing that killed them.

Hoovering, washing, revive, sbpi etc only held them back.

33 minutes ago, Jibba jabba said:

I might invest in some Harkers but don't really want something that heavy and nasty if you know what i mean,:geek: cheers .Jj:yinyang:

I would, and do it now. Especially if you've flipped to 12/12 already. It takes 15 days of 3 proper treatments to get rid of them properly.

Thing is, if you dont get rid of them now, they'll go mental during flower. Ruining all your bud.

At about 5 weeks, mine went from a few visable on the lower stems, to webs all over the plant/buds, literally overnight. Ended up hoovering and washing the plant to save it, but the damage was done. Poor yield, tasted of shit (dusty mite shit), little thc.

If you do it now there will be no risk of residual chem's in your finished bud, and less risk of mould caused by spraying plants with flowers developing.

Here's what @Owderb has to say on it, and that's gospel in my book.

On 12/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, Owderb said:

This is only my opinion and what I would do

If in veg hit them with the strongest systemic product you can lay your hands on. They need eradicating full stop. You are in veg so by the time you crop it will be long gone out of the plant

No good pissing about with natural this and natural that because in my opinion they do very little except extract money from your pocket

If in flower its a different matter

Owd

Harkers is only 'sightly systemic'? so you have to make sure you spray the underside of leaves, and the whole plant. I sprayed my tent etc too, and steralised all my pots/equipment etc with brewing steraliser.

Good luck with it :yep:

Tigs :guitar:

Edited by tigseyjnr
Sp and add bits
  • Like 3

Another product thats been getting good feedback at my local shop is Spray and Grow Plant Protection concentrate. I haven't tried it myself but a friend of mine said it wiped his out. There's one for mites and one for thrips. 

Owd

• Like 4