Jibbers Hso jabber

Jibba jabba

Hello,firstly welcome to my hso diary.

I will be growing chocolate mint og, blueberry headband and Amherst sour diesel, all 3 are fems.

The seeds were purchased from the site sponsor, which I am pleased to say was a delightful transaction, apart from in the free seeds the I received and a pak that unfortunately was smashed to shit,obviously not meant for me:yinyang:but also an auto of some sort that I will gorrilla up next year.large.IMG_2186.JPG

After breaking my way into the glass tubes I put three of them in to soak, just in plain water. The next day I potted them into small pots probably half a litre or there abouts, used mud,Westland seedling mix? I think.

All my veg plants are in there newly re decorated room with the usual 4/6 cfls, I have a few 45 watters and a few 23's.

While redoing the room I managed to break the internal fan, so I need to get a new one, but still have exhaust running a rhino pro 100mm with a cheap inline fan, so that should keep me out of trouble until tommorow, well I think that's most of that covered,so the beans as of this morning,large.IMG_2221.JPGlarge.IMG_2222.JPG

All 3 are up, a bit on the leggy side but that's pretty much the norm of late.

Realistically I am looking at at least 10 weeks veg maybe more who nose,anyway that's my hso lot,

Atb, Jj:smokin:

• Like 8

@Jibba jabba

I've grabbed a pew, lots of people seem to get very leggy seedlings just lately.

I always drop the cfl right on top less than an inch away from mine, seems to avoid this problem.

Easy enough to backfill on the stems though, good luck with this one bud

atb

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 4

Nice one @stu914 I couldn't make my mind up weather it was to close or to fa away, been a few months since I used them cfls, useless memory :russian:never mind, hopefully with this diary I'll remember:smokin:Jj.

• Like 3

Firstly thank you for taking the time to document your HSO grow on UK420 :)

Secondly nice to see 3 HSO babies germinated and above ground :)

They do look a little stretched/leggy but this will correct itself out either by the stems strengthening or my preferred technique when potting up just busy that stem a little deeper :)

We at HSO are very excited to see what you can do with the HSO genetics and will be following along and watching with interest mate :)

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to document your HSO grow and off to s great start :yep:

Until the next update :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 4

Afternoon uk420.

Well the new nibblers are nibbling along nicely, I lowered the lights to about 3 inches above them and they are starting to throw a couple of 3 finger leaves out.

Temps have been lowest 23 and the highest 26.

Lights on 24/7.

I haven't watered them properly yet, but I did give a spray of water around the edges, as they were feeling lighter.

All of them together 

large.IMG_2251.JPG

The Asd,I gave her a companion till pot up.

large.IMG_2249.JPG

Blueberry headband, not the happiest out of the bunch, lets see if I can't cheer her up a bit.

large.IMG_2248.JPG

And finally the chocolate mint og, slightly pailer that the asd, maybe she's gonna be a greedy girl,large.IMG_2250.JPG

Till next time, take care,Jj:yinyang:

• Like 6

3 happy, healthy babies which are looking spot on  :)

With the 3 strains you have you are going to get some variety between the plants which will make for a fun grow with you getting 3 different strains to try come harvest  :)

So far so good  :) and looking like this is going to be fun :)

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to update your HSO diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next update  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

High all at uk420.

So far I have encountered a couple of problems, mainly bugs trying to find somewhere warm, mostly all over me clones and prop, so the clones were binned prop cleaned with almost straight bleach, then throughly rinsed. The nibblers have had a couple of treatments for mite and are struggling through.

The blueberry headband is looking a bit stunted and hungry, the Asd I think looks the best so far, the cmog appears to be keeping up with the Asd, but has a couple of the lower leaves went crispy,I think that was something to do with the treatment, might have been a bit strong.

Anyway enough of my waffle here's the pics.....First up cmog,large.IMG_2325.JPG

Next the Asd

large.IMG_2324.JPG

and finally the bbhb

large.IMG_2323.JPG

Till next time, take care,Jj:yinyang:

• Like 5

Sorry to read you are having bug/Borg issues mate :(

You have done right by scrapping the cuttings and cleansing the area the best you can :)

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this has eliminated the issue and the plants can get back on track :)

Considering the issues the plants don't look to bad :) give them a week to bounce back then we will see what they can do :)

Keep a close eye out for more bug issues mate and thank you for taking the time to update your HSO adventure very much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next update mate :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 3

Morning uk420,

Following from the bug problems I turned the heating off for a few days just to do the best I can to get rid of these bugs, seams to be working so far.

The blueberry headband hasn't really done much since last week, a tiny bit of new growth in the centre, but not expecting trees,just glad it's not dead.large.IMG_2389.JPG

Next up the chocolate mint og,looks pretty happy, considering it's been cold most of the week,I also topped it,large.IMG_2388.JPGlarge.IMG_2387.JPG

Finally the Asd all going as expected apart from a bit of ripply crinkly foliage, I think that's the cold, tho strange how that's the only one to show it, even the slightly larger plants I have don't have it, never mind I am sure it will sort its self out when the heating goes back on,large.IMG_2385.JPGlarge.IMG_2386.JPG

The Asd & cmog are building up roots nicely,watering every other day till saturated, but the bbhb is definitely struggling and has yet to develop a wet dry cycle.

Lights still on 24/0. 

Humidity has been 70-85%

Temps have dropped to 17 degrees c at night which is not as bad as I thought it would be, and a fairly steady 24 during the day.

Thanks for looking and until next time take care,Jj.:yinyang:

• Like 6

Out of the pictures posted mate the blue berry headband looks to be the most effected. 

Can I ask are you sure this is solely down to a bug issue?

Also can I ask why have you opted for a 24/0 light cycle compared to traditional 18/6 or 20/4?

Is this purely to keep temps up or have you experiences better growth with no dark cycle? 

Your humidity is also very high do you have anyway to drop this down to 60-65%? As I think the humidity is contributing to the poor plant health :)

Let us know what's going on mate and we (UK420 community) will get you back on track with a successful harvest  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

Cheers for the advice @HSO-Mark

I'll do me best to take it on board.

The plants themselves haven't got or had bugs as such on them, but were in a contaminated area, so as a precaution I gave them a good spray, probably too much, I believe that it has affected the mud and burnt the roots, also I had the heating off for a bit just to do all I can to get rid of the bugs,so had been a bit cooler. But now the hearings back on.

always used a 24/0 for veg really, if you think the plants would benefit from a dark period, it's an easy fix.

Again with the humidity I was under the impression that 70/80% was where I wanted to be, well every day is a school day, cheers I'll update some pics in the next couple of days.Jj

• Like 4

Morning allat uk420.

Just been out to check me plants and decided to pot up into coco, the cmog has a fairly solid root mass and wanted to hold on to mostly all of the mud, the Asd had rooted out the bottom half of the pot, so I removed most of the loose mud and potted up into 1 litre pots of nice warm coco, the bbhb which is seriously struggling has a fairly long tap root with a couple of stragglers, needless to say that It didn't want to hang on to any amount of the mud. The coco was flushed first then again with some rooting juice then left to warm up.

Temps have been low for a week bottoming out at 17, maxing at 26,but the heatings back on how so should start to see some improvements even if it's a bit slow.

Also I have flung a timer into the mix so Lights now running at 18/6,

I also topped out the Asd & the Cmog.

Time for the pics, first the Asd.....large.IMG_2429.JPG

Deffo looks a bit chilly.

Next up the Cmog......

large.IMG_2428.JPG

Bottom leaves are getting pailer,

And finally the bbhb, brace yourselves......large.IMG_2430.JPG

Hopefully she will pull through, I feel confident,just gotta stop trying to kill em, of freeze them, or generally fuck them up, time will tell, cheers Jj:yinyang:

• Like 7

Good evening uk420,

The Hso lot are still going, tho the bbhb is quite upset, so I am going to ignore it for a while, just to see if if will fight for some attention in a last attempt at surrival.

Asd wasn't topped even tho I thought I had done it, probably that Skunk I smoked,melting my brain,

but the Cmog has a nice bit of growth from the new bit,large.IMG_2460.JPG

Temps have been a min of 21.:yep: and max of 28,

managed to get the humidity down to a max of 72% so it's going the right way,

Started them on the grow after the pot up, 1.25ml pl AN grow. Just gotta try not to drown them while the roots fill out, till next time, take care.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 6

As said now they have had a repot into coco they look considerably better now  :)

Good call on the potting up and nice to see nutrients are now being added and increased as needed  :)

They most definitely look better. Nice job mate :yep:

As usual mate thank you for taking the time to update your HSO diary and thank you for the continued support and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1