first grow ever industrial plant auto cbd

itsmeithink

@botanics @blackpoolbouncer Thank you so much for the input and help provided guys this is why I love UK420  :)@jadenugs :bong:

@itsmeithinkYou will find that when trying new techniques like the lst you are doing you will encounter issues such as the snapped stem. This is natural and I'm sure when you do this more you will get better and better  :)

You will find with training you will need to be quite dedicated as branches may need to be adjusted daily some growers 2-3x a day until perfect :)

Going of the pictures you look to have maintained a nice size plant with multiple branches which all should be getting equal light distribution  :bong:

You are doing fine my friend  :)

We will be back in on the next update. Until then thank you so much for taking the time to update your diary and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until the next one  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

upped feed to 3ml/l bloom for each plant , ill see how its going tomorrow as is in garage at bottom of garden and going back and forth is a no go.

thinking about upping light to 750 now we are at main bloom phase ? what u fellas think?

Edited by itsmeithink
  • Like 2

@botanics, @blackpoolbouncer, @jadenugs, @samhigh, @Dinafem-Mark

right fellas just been and watered and i think the switch to 3ml/l nutes and upping the light to 750w was a bit too stressful may be wrong though lol 

so I've backed the light off to 600w and moved it further away from the canopy, its probably 16" away now id guess.

carried on with the feed rate same as yesterday 3ml/l bloom & 1ml/l calmag

first 2 pics are sweet seeds nurse auto cbd ( one of which @botanics mentioned it was not happy ) sorry @Dinafem-mark to put some other seed bank in a dinafem thread just thought it may stop double posting everywhere and this one is quite popular and has been a fantastic help.

rest assured my next grow is all dinafem seeds :bong:

first 2: 

large.59ee5241b5b12_sweetseedsnurseautocbd1.jpglarge.59ee525b459d0_sweetseedsnurseautocbd2.jpg

then up come the 3 dinafem ipacbd

large.59ee52f10ab76_ipacbd1copy.jpglarge.59ee530ecdc20_ipacbd2.jpglarge.59ee53255ad57_ipacbd3.jpg

any help greatly appreciated please and thank u for stopping/looking in 

• Like 1

Heat stress and further onset of hunger is what I see.

Those aren't burnt tips for the most part.

Do you see burnt tips on the to hear of leaves. The ones that ha e grown in the the last day or so. 

Most of the yellowing you see up top is hunger and it will get progressively worse. Some plants dont look too hungry but they look heat stressed with the curled up leaf edges.

Purple stems and droopy leaves. Watering issues or cold feet.

Sorry that's just a quick un. I'm off to bed but thought I'd better reply otherwise I'll forget.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Heat stress and further onset of hunger is what I see.

Those aren't burnt tips for the most part.

Do you see burnt tips on the to hear of leaves. The ones that ha e grown in the the last day or so. 

Most of the yellowing you see up top is hunger and it will get progressively worse. Some plants dont look too hungry but they look heat stressed with the curled up leaf edges.

Purple stems and droopy leaves. Watering issues or cold feet.

Sorry that's just a quick un. I'm off to bed but thought I'd better reply otherwise I'll forget.

@blackpoolbouncer

I've turned light down how i treat this situation?

they are on 2ltrs each a day, is this not enough ?

turned light back down to 400 just and will see how best to recover them, the 2 sweet seeds are only 16 days or so from chop but will see how i go, wish me luck

My take, you've increased the light and the feed at the same time. Increasing the light, gives you increased transportation from the leaves because it's hotter in there. So plants are drinking more, pulling more water through the plant. 

Thats OK, bit now your 2l has 3ml bloom per l. I would back down to 1.5ml bloom and keep watering as required and see how you go. 

9 hours ago, itsmeithink said:

@blackpoolbouncer

I've turned light down how i treat this situation?

they are on 2ltrs each a day, is this not enough ?

2 litres a day? Sounds like that might be why a few are droopy. That's an awful lot of water. Are they all following a PROPER wet dry cycle.

The advice above is bad. His theory is just about right(more transpiration less concentrate of nutes) but the implementation is wrong. Go down to 1.5ml of bloom and watch shit get bad fast. Mark my words

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

2 litres a day? Sounds like that might be why a few are droopy. That's an awful lot of water. Are they all following a PROPER wet dry cycle.

The advice above is bad. His theory is just about right(more transpiration less concentrate of nutes) but the implementation is wrong. Go down to 1.5ml of bloom and watch shit get bad fast. Mark my words

i think maybe i am overwatering tbh , i was using probably a max of 500/750 ml each as of last week and probably have just upped the water because some of the problems it looked like i was having, makes sense now tbh, they were perfect before i upped the water and yes they were on a proper dry/wet routine.

how much water would u typically guess they should be on ( i know its only a guess ) but may help me dial these back in.

what a crapper though lol, got 40 days in without a problem and bang, I'm on the easy bit now and started making basic mistakes.

• Like 2

The plants are big enough and advanced enough to be taking 3ml/L mate but combined with overwatering and heat stress from lamps then you're gonna have problems. I don't think lowering the wattage to 400 is a good idea at this stage. Depending on the height you've got to play with and your extraction and air movement is up to scratch I'd go back to 600 and raise it about 2 and half feet above the plants. Keep them on 3ml and let them dry out to just before the medium starts shrinking inwards from the pots (feel the weight of them at this point) and then go back to a wet/dry cycle. To do this, water until you get about 10% run off, then don't water again until the pots are at that same weight or thereabouts. Once your leaves recover and start reaching for the light then you can lower your lamp steadily, making sure that the plants still look happy as you do it. Every situation is different mate but that's how I'd deal with it from what info you've given. When I say reaching for the light I don't mean pointing straight up. That would be heat stress. 45° or a bit less is a sign of happy plants. Good luck.

If you are unsure whether a problem is hunger or overfeeding, a good rule to follow is drop the feed a bit. If the problem gets worse you've been underfeeding. If it gets better you've been overfeeding. But of course this depends on other environmental factors. Root temps are a major cause of confusing problems, especially in colder weather. If you can keep your roots warm you will be able to read your plants a lot better for other problems :)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

Root temps are a major cause of confusing problems, especially in colder weather. If you can keep your roots warm you will be able to read your plants a lot better for other problems :)

This is your main issue in here @itsmeithink :yep: those roots are not warm enough and if overwatered, the plants hate those conditions the most.  Keep those roots warm and they'll do fine, watch the canopy isn't too close to the light too as there's some leaf curling and showing some heat stress here and there (minimum of 50 cm away for a 600W sodium)

e2a

What's your N levels in your bloom food mate ? 

(I found these IP CBD liked more N than I thought they would want during the bloom when I ran them first off)

Edited by botanics
  • Like 3

I'm on old-timers bloom m8

UK – Organic Compound Fluid Fertiliser 3.0-5.0-4.0

Total Nitrogen 3.0%

Phosphorous Pentoxide (P2O5) 5.0 (2.2%P)

Phosphorous Pentoxide (P2O5) soluble in water 5.0(2.2%P)

Potassium oxide (K2O) 4.0 (3.3%K)

Iron (Fe) chelated by EDTA soluble in water 0.03%

just been down and moved light away to 2 1/2 feet away or so and back onto 600w, they still heavy af, deffo overwatered them, ill leave them to dry out and pick up then.

• Like 4

Yeah those levels are good for bloom food.  When I ran these first see, I had the yellowing appearing earlier in bloom and was chasing them throughout, ended up giving them a combined but I'm not going to reccomend doing this yet, the cold will affect it see because of the Mg and N take up, when warm much easier to assess as Nugs said.

The second time I ran them, I did keep higher levels of N throughout the bloom and faired much better, without the yellowing coming on early (I documented the first run on the relevant board, photos in gallery etc ;) )

• Like 2