Amherst Sour Diesel

HSO-Mark

@GreenVisionAnything over 20% thc for me is not so good mate :( as I suffer with anxiety very high thc based strains can work against this and bring on panic attacks so I try to stay below the 20% thc. I have found strains with a 1:1 ratio of thc:cbd helps a lot but I still like to get high which this does and keeps panic attacks at bay lol

Saying this it is only flower with high thc that causes this. Extracts like bho, Rosin and qwiso don't seem to have a negative effect and have higher thc content? Strange :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 7:00 AM, StonedBrittania said:

large.P1020594.JPG

Just the one pic unfortunately, though kept some cuttings so will try again for sure :yep:

how did the cuttings do brother, some stains clone super easy and some are a pain . what did you think?

thanks, sam

• Like 2

@samhighOur ASD clones very easily mate. She does required slightly higher humidity in the first 7 days but takes very well :yep:

I should have yours here in the UK this week. As soon as they land I'll forward along :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

@samhighOur ASD clones very easily mate. She does required slightly higher humidity in the first 7 days but takes very well :yep:

I should have yours here in the UK this week. As soon as they land I'll forward along :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

thanks mark great news on both counts

sam

• Like 1

I think I've been lucky enough to find the ellusive indica too. I have a couple more seeds of this to crack but I did a single one recently and harvested about 3 weeks ago. It's not a soaring high at all. Very clean and chilled in fact and the plant was pretty squat. Still got 4 oz of here though and that's after losing the main kola to bud rot. Very dense bud. I'm not getting a ton of flavour from this one but what I do get is quite tart, almost like the top not of strawberry or there about. I'm struggling to pin it down but it's decent stuff and I'll be cracking the other beans alongside the cutting I took of this one. I don't have any pic's to share unfortunatly but I'll try to get a couple in from the next run.

• Like 1

Actually, that got me thinking so after typing that I've just gone and checked on my stash and popped open the ASD. NERD's. Remember the sweets? I'm smelling a bit of that in there. This stuff is really curing up nicely and the smell has really picked up overall. I'm really quite surprised at how much it's come since I last paid it any attention around a week ago. This is going in the groom again for sure!

On a side not @HSO-Mark I too am getting into the CBD strains. They really suit me more than high high THC alone. I find I can handle any thc with the right amont of CBD alongside it. Unfortunately though, that means mixing buds if I want to enjoy a lot of strains. Are HSO developing any more CBD strains with a 1:1 ratio or higher? There aren't enough good breeders doing that for my liking. :D I'll be trying the Green Crack and Blue Dream but I'd like a good high CBD like 1:20 THC:CBD type strain too, that could be mixed in much smaller amounts with the higher thc strains so as not to taint the flavour so much. I've picked oneup from another breader for now but for what it's worth you have another fan to add to the list of potential customers for CBD strains here!      :chains:

Edited by Snowziff

@SnowziffAt present we are working on some more high cbd strains but they won't be resleased this year :)

For a pure CBD strain what about Dinafems, DinaMed which does have 25:1 ratio :) CBD:THC :yep:

You can find me in the Dinafem section of UK420 @Dinafem-Mark if you would like to run a documented DinaMed grow hit me up and I'll sort the seeds out for you :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 2

THat's a nice offer and I may take you up on it at some point as I've been hovering over DinaMed for a little while. At the moment I'm preparing to do some CBD Therapy as the pips are bought and paid for but DinaMed was on my list. (moving house soon will give me a new groom to get filled). In all honesty it was a toss up on the strain we chose and I/we (a friend and I) were struggling to make our minds up. Shame I hadn't boughtit up here sooner else I'd have snapped your arm off. For now we're still working out what we need as far as CBD goes. I imagine many people are in that position as consumers which must make it hard for breeders to decide on upcoming projects. It's a lot of time and energy to put in. What is the golden ratio? Who knows! :D Seems like 1:1-1:3 is the current mainstay which makes sense really. Although I imagine the genetics available dictate the available ratios to a large extent.

Great to know HSO are bringing some more CBD's to the table! I'll get through a few of the other beans in the meantime. Maybe some DinaMed after I move to the new place. :wink:

@SnowziffI personally think a lot of consumer reports need to come in mate as what ratio works good for me may not be so effective for say yourself. It is going to be personal needs and what thc:cbd  ratio works best for you and your needs :)

Will be interesting to hear how you get on so please keep us posted :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

@HSO-Mark I agree. That was my point too. It must be so hard for a breeder to decide what to work on because, as you pointed out, we each have different needs.

So far for me I'm seeing my needs vary. I've just done CBD Jam which us a 1:1 - 1:2 THC:CBD strain. I only did one plant from a pack of Fems and it's impossible to say for sure what the ratio turned out to be. If I had to guess though I think I'd have to say it's nearer the 1:2 ratio. It's got mixed reviews from my friends. Some of them aren't keen as they prefer the high thc, knock the top of your head off strains but for the most part people have come back asking for sharsies. :D It's been really hard to pin down for me though.  I'm finding that it can either melt me or invigorate me and I'm not sure why. I suspect that's why I've had mixed reviews from mates too. Some say they end up glued to the sofa, others the opposite. I think it may be down to when you use it and how you feel at the time as that can have a bearing on any weed in my opinion but differently so with the CBD. I'm still learning though and can't say much of anything for certain other than I'm a big fan of the clear head that it provides. Best of both worlds for me really and it mixes well with other strains higher in THC to level them out for people like you or I that struggle when we take too much THC in the wrong environment.

I think if I were a breeder my ideal scenario, were it possible would be to breed two versions of the same strain that are identical in all but the THC:CBD ratio. I'd ideally have one reasonably high in THC and the other high as possible in CBD. I could then have the option to sell the seeds from either type in whatever ratio customers asked for to suit their needs. For example a 10pack could be made up of 1 seed high in CBD and 9 high in THC or anyehere in between. All CBD or all THC even. That way the customer buying them can then mix the resulting bud to suit his/her needs and would have access to the exact ratio that suits them from any given strain that can be bred that way. Once they find their sweet spot they just buy the next pack of beans in the ratio that allows them to make use of the leftover bud from their first lot becuae unless they get it bang on first time there will be some leftover that is either higher or lower in cbd than they need. Talk about the right incentive for return custom! :D

I know it's not as easy as all that but if it's possible and someone was selling beans like that they'd be my first port of call without a doubt!!

Edited by Snowziff

@SnowziffThese next few years as more and more people experiment I'm sure we will see a bigger shift towards pure CBD and pure thc crystalline. This will allow each user to taper the %/ratio needed :)

I hope to be getting some CBD crystalline soon I'll let you know how testing goes :)

Looks strange so we will see :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

currently running two of the ASD alongside my sativa grow at the moment . Very much a chemdog aroma to them, beautiful plants imo.Week 7 is nearly here , i have decided to take them to 10 weeks or just over 70 days . Tried to grow her out in April but damn spidermite ravaged my crop .Excited muchly for this strain. I will try and post some pics 

• Like 2

I got a cple of the ASD on the go atm,along side 2 bdk  that i have managed over a year to get down to these two!! may keep them both,lovely dark colours and motivating to boot!!

As for the ASD i have heard good things but after reading a few posts i fear it may not be right for me :mellow: they both look very indica at the moment though....so fingers x!!

kind regards hd

• Like 2