Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil

teehee

i quit vaping a few weeks ago, now am now just ingesting cannacoco and its been a very heavy few weeks, i usually have 3 lots each day starting the morning, afternoon and evening. i found it very difficult stopping vaping but i cheat now and then when i find myself gasping for a vape. trouble is i cant understand decarbing and anything else new, i just simmer bud in coco oil for a few hours wait for it to solidify then break it up leave it in the fridge, the taste will go off after about 4 weeks so if i make plenty half goes in the freezer, i just eat a chunk of coco oil i dont mix it with food.

• Like 5

@hash72  I won't bother decarbing next time- hours in the crockpot will surely do the job like you say. Though I decarbed in an oven bag, and a mate didn't (same trim) and he said the whole house stank. Maybe my nose isn't as sensitive. The missus said it smelled mind haha 

When you store in the freezer, are you placing the jar in there?

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 3

i eat solid coconut oil, boil strain leave to set fridge or freezer then in the tum. is a magical stone and its easy to stop tollerance thing have more than 1 type on hand 2 does me fine, and i keep and zoom the nights canna is just kicking in, am going watch a movie, love forgetting what i am talking about.

• Like 5

@hash72 You know it doesn't take much warming up to make it go liquid. It's a far more pleasant experience than having it from cold. It's actually quite nice when it's warm :)

• Like 1

Thanks @teehee for this guide. Think I've found my favourite method of consumption, more so than vaping with my new Solo II. I'll have to spend some time comparing :hippy:

@growinggold you wanted to hear the report:

I had 3/4 of a teaspoon straight down the hatch, last night, with the caveat that I have a low tolerance. 1 hour later I could feel a body buzz and Blippy on TV was all of a sudden very watchable. Cuddles on the couch with the kids :yinyang:.

2 hours in I was having varying waves of the high coming and going from super mellow to feeling pretty damn high. The waves were like the start, creeping on nicely. It felt very calm, pleasant and like my body was thanking me for it. By this time I was also tucking in to an epic pizza from the local takeaway. So good.

I was falling asleep on the sofa while binging youtube, by 11pm, 5 hours after eating. Slept brilliantly, feeling nice and happy this morning, following what I would describe as a jolly good evening.

A buddy of mine brewed up his own batch, with the same plant matter, on the same day, with the same oil and ratio. We consumed in sync with one another, and reported the same pleasant experience. 

The missus isn't a big consumer, just here n there. She popped half a teaspoon in her tea this morning and is about to enjoy some peace n quiet while i take the kids out.

What an excellent way to use trim and popcorn. 

Thanks again :thumsup:

P.s. I used plenty of sunflower lecithin

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 10

Just a thought about dosing and tolerance levels. I find whatever edibles i'm consuming, the effect will be very different depending on what sort of environment i am in. When i take edibles at home i can probably consume about twice as much as i do when i'm out/at work. My friend has also noticed this too. Anyone else? 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, hash72 said:

i quit vaping a few weeks ago, now am now just ingesting cannacoco and its been a very heavy few weeks

Why did you quit vaping?

I cough in the morning and had put it down to covid but do you think it could be high trike vapor?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Currently have another 2oz of popcorn in the slow cooker for another 1ltr of oil.

This recipe is superb!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, superfruit said:

Currently have another 2oz of popcorn in the slow cooker for another 1ltr of oil.

This recipe is superb!

I decarb mine in a mason jar on a wet towel in the oven for 45 mins and you can hardly smell a thing, followed by 4 hours on high, double boiled (in the same mason jar sat in water) in a slow cooker and it’s demonically strong, I use just enough oil to cover the weed, unless your slow cooking for at least 12 hours I’d definitely decarb until it starts changing colour !

another tip don’t throw the spent bud away keep it in the fridge and put it in smoothies (even though it’s spent it still contains plenty of potent oil) but be careful the last smoothie I made I seriously over done it and me and the wife were jibbering wrecks for 24 hours, I woke up still really stoned the next day ! Stick to a heaped tea spoon per smoothie and no more until you know it’s strength.

Edited by LA LUNA
Edibles are the future !
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LA LUNA said:

another tip don’t throw the spent bud away keep it in the fridge and put it in smoothies (even though it’s spent it still contains plenty of potent oil)

That is an EXCELLENT idea @LA LUNA!!!

I always feel gutted chucking the spent bud, knowing that even though I've squeezed as much as I can out, there's so much goodness left behind. 

I'm gonna Nutrbullet the shit out of my next batch! 

We bought one years ago and used it once, but I'd drink a (disgusting) green smoothie EVERY DAY if it had cannabis in it!

You may well have changed my life!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 4

It's not very popular, and I didn't see it on @Graywolf's list of oils, but I switched to cocoa/cacao butter about a year ago and love it. No idea if it's just me, but the cacao potentially provides an entourage effect, helping the thc to bind to a certain recepter CB1, but that's debatable, and difficult to quantify. 

Another thing about heating flower in oil was potency. I wanted the oil to be as strong as possible, but you reach a point when the quantity of bud exceeds the ability to stir the oil! lol

If you want the strongest oil, I can definitely recommend reducing the bulk of the plant material first by making oil or hash. :yep:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, teehee said:

That is an EXCELLENT idea @LA LUNA!!!

I always feel gutted chucking the spent bud, knowing that even though I've squeezed as much as I can out, there's so much goodness left behind. 

What I used to do is about 3 passes of bud leftovers in a large pot of simmering water. Rinsing/squishing them in a decent ricer each time. After 3 goes, the material is oil free and perfect for the compost heap. Next morning, open the fridge and get 3mm of solid green oil on top. This was then scraped away from the water and gently heated to 120C for about 20 min to make sure no water remains. For those wanting the oil for long term storage, make sure no water is in the oil. :D

• Like 2