Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil

teehee

Awesome write up mate. I have to confess to falling in love with canna oil. The effects being different to smoking is nice for a change, and like you said not smelling of smoke is a bonus. Most importantly though, medicinally speaking, its got to be one of the healthiest ways to get medicated.

• Like 3

Anybody ever use Coconut Milk?

I bought some on a whim, to use with the growing stache of ABV.

I was wondering about some pancakes maybe?

Something very simple though.

Edited by Gerfish
They had no Coconut oil, which is what I'd normally use.
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting this mate, I was trying to remember what diary you were telling me about this in ;) looking forward to making my first batch next week :) I got my wild rose (best tops) butter for this week, i'll make canna-coco for next week, see what I prefer ;) your some man, thanks:yep:

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

@teehee

Hi bud, just read through your recipe and now I've finally got all the ingredients together, gonna give it a bash.........

Couple of questions,

During the cooking process are there smell issues to deal with?

Is is possible to re-run the same oil through a different batch of weed, and would I need to use more lethercin in that case?

Thanks mate:yep:

stu  :oldtoker:

• Like 2

nice one @stu914, hope all goes well.

There's a bit of smell, I do it in the room I smoke/grow in, so I didn't really mind. Plus I did it late at night.

By all means, re run the oil with more bud for extra kick. I would probably add a bit more lecithin, as the recipe tells you to add the lecithin depending on how much weed you add, if I remember correctly.

Let me know how you get on Bro!

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

@teehee nice guide mate I'm thinking of doing a bit of this as well as some hash. My question is when it comes to the decarb is it possible to do with frozen bud? And would the times and temps change? Thanks! 

• Like 2

Cheers @Funk P It shouldnt make any difference... I use frozen trim and dried bud and they both act the same. Once the gear hits the (preheated and already mixed with Lecithin) oil, it defrosts pretty quick, and the continued warming it up for a good few hours will decarb it as it cooks.

• Like 2

Nice guide.  I am another lover of coconut oil & canna, been using for years.  Never knew about the lecithin though, will give that a try next batch.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, teehee said:

Cheers @Funk P It shouldnt make any difference... I use frozen trim and dried bud and they both act the same. Once the gear hits the (preheated and already mixed with Lecithin) oil, it defrosts pretty quick, and the continued warming it up for a good few hours will decarb it as it cooks.

What's the shelf life like? :hippy:

• Like 1

excellent guide! :stoned:

we’ve got some green coconut oil in the fridge that’s been there around 2 years that we use as a topical and it’s still very active

not sure if i would eat it though (i probably would at a push lol not mrs twigs though) because of the plant matter, oil is only a preservative to an existent, when you open the jar bacteria goes in..

i love green coconut oil for eating and rubbing on stuff :naughty:

• Like 3

Coincidentally, decided to heat up some water today in  the stock pot but saw the pot had traces of oil all over from last time making it 2 weeks ago, gathered it all and it tasted fresh!, no aged flavour. anyway it was a level teaspoon . . . well i'll tell you . . . No work was done today and  lay down and had the most relaxing golden sleep, woke up a few times and stretched away all worries and stress and the gut feels happy even now.

I made two batches, are just sitting in the fridge unused as if reserved for medical purposes, funny thing to not be compelled to indulge for recreations sake, am probably waiting for serious flu or painful insomnia to strike. 

Don't smoke trim anymore, make oil, it's great stuff.:eat:

• Like 3

Right!:D so it's sunflower Lecithin and having no oven I've got to do something with toasted oats, raisins, flaked almonds, honey, buttter and golden caramel to bind, in the frying pan:chef:

• Like 1